• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCGOnline Code Randomosity

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
Hello All!

Does anyone know if the codes that you get with booster packs give you random cards, or if the specific cards are hardwired into the code?

I know if I have a Plasma Freeze code, it'll give me Plasma Freeze cards, but I am very curious about if the cards are random ones from the Plasma Freeze deck, or specific cards, based on the code.

Years
Chances are that they're randomly generated at the time of code entry. Being tied to a specific code would require quite a bit more labor overall for each pack than a random generation would, since they'd have to assign the contents of a booster pack for each code generated. I don't work for TPCi, though, so I cannot say this is indeed how they do things.

@mpharock

...Because Ampharos Rocks !
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
hi sorry if this seems like bump but i have recently used over 148 codes online and i get the feeling it is just random at one point i thought you got a only copy of what ever was in the pack so i tested this out turns out it that is not the case lol

Back