• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Darkdodo, please, do not revive threads that are over a month old.

If you want to know how to play hacks, then look at the FAQ thread in ROM Hacking.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Amnesia is back? Hooray!
I still have the old save file, in the first Gym...
Good luck!
Also, I think Psyduck and Slowpoke are just perfect for starters.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Amnesia is back? Hooray!
I still have the old save file, in the first Gym...
Good luck!
Also, I think Psyduck and Slowpoke are just perfect for starters.

Thanks...It took me a minute and some hard thought among other technical problems, but I finally got it back up and running--And now BETA 2 is up!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Glad to see this is back. This actually looked like a descent hack and it would be a shame if you quit.

Anyways, I'll try out beta 2 later.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
That Smith from Beta 3 is pretty funny with all his Grammar Mistakes... Anyways, these are the glitches I found:

Spoiler:

Edit: Here are some suggestions: I think that you should change Prof. Shale's OW, and the Heroine's Running OWs/Introduction Sprite.

Edit 2: For Beta 4, I think that you should put the distance from Gravelsburg to the Fourth Gym's Location much further away. Why? Because if you put the Gyms sticking too closely, then it just doesn't seem... right... You should put more Routes and the Amnesia stuff (Plots) before you make the Gyms Sticking too closely. And also, some Trainers still have FR Text, especially Route 3, which has 90% if Trainers having FR Texts, which makes the Hack lose its Amnesia Feel, in my opinion. Other than that, thi hack is awesome.

Good luck on Beta 4.

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
This looks incredibly good, and i see that progress on this gets made quickly. Hope to see further updates.

Hedgehogger

Years
That Smith from Beta 3 is pretty funny with all his Grammar Mistakes... Anyways, these are the glitches I found:

Spoiler:

Edit: Here are some suggestions: I think that you should change Prof. Shale's OW, and the Heroine's Running OWs/Introduction Sprite.

Edit 2: For Beta 4, I think that you should put the distance from Gravelsburg to the Fourth Gym's Location much further away. Why? Because if you put the Gyms sticking too closely, then it just doesn't seem... right... You should put more Routes and the Amnesia stuff (Plots) before you make the Gyms Sticking too closely. And also, some Trainers still have FR Text, especially Route 3, which has 90% if Trainers having FR Texts, which makes the Hack lose its Amnesia Feel, in my opinion. Other than that, thi hack is awesome.

Good luck on Beta 4.

Haha, I can't believe I missed those Gym Signs... I did, however, find the tile that causes the game to reset when you step on it, and for some reason, when I try to change the Behavior of that tile that overlaps the player, it still overlaps from some reason. But yeah, thanks for noticing the mistakes I made. I'll be sure to iron just about all of them out hopefully by Beta 4.

This looks incredibly good, and i see that progress on this gets made quickly. Hope to see further updates.

And thanks. :D

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
This looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Don't give up!
By the way, I think I might know what your tile problem is. Open it up in Block editor and make sure that the tiles are in "down," not "up." If they're in up, they'll overlap the player.

Hedgehogger

Years
This looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Don't give up!
By the way, I think I might know what your tile problem is. Open it up in Block editor and make sure that the tiles are in "down," not "up." If they're in up, they'll overlap the player.

Oh, thanks for the tip, but I did figure out the issue. On that area, the Movement Permissions were just plain ol' "C" blocks. I had to change them to "10's." I don't quite get it, but the overlapping problem was definitely solved.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oh, thanks for the tip, but I did figure out the issue. On that area, the Movement Permissions were just plain ol' "C" blocks. I had to change them to "10's." I don't quite get it, but the overlapping problem was definitely solved.
Oh, okay, that makes sense. It's because 10 is a higher level than C, I think.
Anyway, this looks really cool, looking forward to the final release!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
hmm... that hero Ow is okay.
there are a few tile errors?
also the mountains look unnatural. (BM)

Hedgehogger

Years
hmm... that hero Ow is okay.
there are a few tile errors?
also the mountains look unnatural. (BM)

Could you point out what the tile errors are, and where they're at? And what makes the mountains look unnatural? (The mountain tiles were actually used elsewhere in FR, just not in the main outdoors tileset)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Lot of things that don't add up. A random meteor hits him in the head, and then he's cursed. What are the odds?
I think if you work on it some more it'll have potential.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
Years
This hack seems promising. The storyline needs some work, and...uh...what's Team Rocket doing there?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Lot of things that don't add up. A random meteor hits him in the head, and then he's cursed. What are the odds?
I think if you work on it some more it'll have potential.

The Hero is not "cursed".
It's just that Haunter is protecting the Hero from the impact of the Meteor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back