• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Police "Got Teenager Drunk" For Confession

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
An investigation is under way after it was alleged police officers got a vulnerable teenage prisoner drunk on cider to make him confess to 11 crimes he did not commit.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is looking into claims that two detectives from South Wales Police took a 17-year-old boy out of prison on two "drive arounds" of burglary scenes in Cardiff in an unmarked police car in an attempt to falsify their detection rates by having him ask to have the offences taken into consideration.
The teenager's solicitor, Nadeem Majid, said that during one of the trips last month the officers bought the boy cigarettes and two two-litre bottles of Strongbow cider. The detectives are also alleged to have promised the boy, who has been remanded for psychiatric reports pending sentencing for two acts of theft, that he could have a takeaway and see his mother.
The IPCC confirmed that it was investigating five complaints against South Wales Police.
Having "offences taken into consideration" is common practice in the UK and means a criminal can plead guilty to one crime and also admit to others in court without having their sentence affected.
Article On "The Inderpedent"

Honest

Hi!
Years
...That is just wrong.

You can get drunk on cider? I didn't know that...

Still, wow, 11 crimes... that he didn't commit.

Those cops out do have there badges taken away, or get put into jail themselves.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
What the heck is wrong with these cops? Did they have a grudge against this teen or something?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I'll be glad when these crooked cops are out of a job.
My local department is pretty bad but still over 50% of the officers do good.

They should also be prosecuted for the crimes they commited and/or sued.

NAGATO

(>^-^)>
Years
>> This type of thing makes me glad i live in a community where there's die hard cops around every corner.. at least none of them do that.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
That's just wrong.
And if people know that they got them drunk, then this shouldn't stay hidden for long ._.;
They should definitely get punished.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
So let me get this straight...two crooked detectives got lazy and chose a random kid in prison for petty theft, drove him around the city, and then got him drunk and confess to the crimes?

The cops may have been at fault here, but the kid is definitely a grade-A idiot as well. >_>

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
This is just wrong. Are you serious?!

And yes, you can get drunk on cider. Just like beer, if you let it ferment, it will become alcoholic. I'm not too worried about saying this, because I'm sure you can easily find out how on Google.

That, and if you look in the grocery store, you'll find in the section with the alcohol a product called "hard cider". That's all it is.

Years
wow freak people using children as piniatas..... er i mean those police officers are freaks i mean getting kids drunk? but then again people should never take things from strangers even if they are cops..

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
That's ridiculous, didn't they think that it would be easily proved wrong since they had no evidence and the person they were accusing was drunk? They should really be sued.

Back