• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS Overworlds!

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Overworlds! Gotta Post em' all!

I told you i was a sprite resizer

Gary Oak:
attachment.php

Elite 4 Will:
attachment.php

Pokemon Trainer Red[/S]:
attachment.php

Suicune Fan Eusine:
attachment.php

Steven Stone [NEW!!!]:
attachment.php

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I posted 1! Now gotta post em' all!
Or easily, Here are the sprites:

I told you i was a sprite resizer
attachment.php

Uhh... Being a sprite resizer is as easy as eating. Not such a big deal but nice to see you've put up a start to overworlds for people.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
You know, I can resize an infinite number of Charsets perfectly in about 3 clicks. It takes no time at all. Literally. Even COMPILING a charset isn't much(But it's better than just resizing).

But by all means, for the few individuals that don't know how to take about 20 seconds in Photoshop, and even less using XNView, go ahead, keep it up. But it's not hard to open an image in photoshop and resize to 200% using Nearest Neighbor.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Hell you can do it in paint. >.>

Yep, with photoshop, thats why it has missing black.

You know, I can resize an infinite number of Charsets perfectly in about 3 clicks. It takes no time at all. Literally. Even COMPILING a charset isn't much(But it's better than just resizing).

But by all means, for the few individuals that don't know how to take about 20 seconds in Photoshop, and even less using XNView, go ahead, keep it up. But it's not hard to open an image in photoshop and resize to 200% using Nearest Neighbor.

I dont even know what XNView is. i just used paint for the resize and photoshop for deleting the white background.
\. |
/. |

I dont even know what XNView is. i just used paint for the resize and photoshop for deleting the white background.
\. |
/. |

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
These are pretty poorly done. And for resizing sprites. Thats saying something impressive.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
These are pretty poorly done. And for resizing sprites. Thats saying something impressive.
I wasn't looking before, but you're right! It's extremely noticeable on his sprite of Will. Truly incredible! Give the man a round of applause, everyone!

Seriously though, remember what I said about Photoshop, and using nearest neighbor? You just might wanna look it up, because that whole process is so much more fool-proof and efficient than what you're doing involving paint, and is much faster as well.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Thnx for the comments guyz. but i am taking a break of RMXP a bit.
Okay, i can make overworlds, but i use paint now, okay, i will use paint and you remove the background from photoshop.

TheMarkCrafter

Years

Pokemon Trainer Red
Background is white, can you make it okay for RMXP
Srry i used an another computer
( pic removed )

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Pokemon Trainer Red (fixed)

As you can see, at the last post, you found a white background, okay, since i dont have ps, i will use PowerPoint!
And...
Here it is!

attachment.php

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Hey I don't mind sprite resizers, they save time :P

Oh, and a better software to use to resize and reformat sprites would be Gimp. It's free and has almost as many features as photoshop does.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Pokemon Trainer Red (fixed)
attachment.php
Ah, that looks a lot better. Also, just one more tip you might find useful: If you do ever use photo shop for this again, I would also suggest indexing the image. It gives it a palette which can drastically reduce filesize(Though you will want to use the "exact" method so there is no color loss in the image).

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Okay, but when i get PS, i will use PowerPoint for the Overworld Colors. and Paint for the OW characters

Back