• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bag: remove/edit pockets

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Hi there.
I would know if there is a way to edit, or better, remove pockets from the bag. Example: how can I remove the "mail" pocket or shift the "battle items" pocket into another (for example the "medicine" pocket)?
Thanks~

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
If you are taking the BW approach to this you are going to need to edit all of the items and play with the code in the Settings and PokemonBag scripts. I wish you luck.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
To change the order of pockets, just open the script called Settings. Somewhere in there is a list of pockets and things that go with them. If you just want to reaarange them it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you change the lines around them so it still works.

Like if you change where the berry pocket is, make sure you also change the line below that talks about the berry pocket.

It shouldn't be a problem to remove a pocket, unless you still want that kind of item in the game.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yes, changing which pockets exist in the game is easy (edit the array in Settings, and make sure the couple of other settings there are accurate). The hassle comes when you also need to edit items.txt to move each item into the appropriate pocket, and edit various graphics to suit the new arrangement of pockets.

Off the top of my head, the graphics that need changing are the various Bag ones in Graphics/Pictures, plus the pocket icons in the folder Graphics/Icons with the names bagPocketX.png.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
@Maruno it almost seems like it will not even be worth it, but hey it is not my game. Editing some 200+ items.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I figured the editing of items, np for that. I just did some tests and it works.
Thank you!

Back