• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mathematical Image-Heavy Guide to the Adventure Time DS Game

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Adventure Time: The Video Game Walkthrough

Created by PJBottomz

Hello there! You don't really need to know who I am, so let's skip that. I've noticed an increasingly large lack of guides and reviews in this section, and I really have to wonder why. Of course, then I realize that a lot of people might not be eager to write them because they take forever and are really time consuming, and you actually have to put forth effort into them to make them any good. Despite that, I enjoy writing walkthroughs as they're fun to make and can really help people, depending on what game you pick. I don't know if anyone actually has this game - the actual title is Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!! - but it's one of my favorites and writing a walkthrough for it is something I really wanna do, especially since I have yet to find one that covers the events in the game in a correct order (I'm looking at you, IGN). Also, this gives me a chance to try out some somewhat fancy CSS and to showcase my knowledge of video games, so all in all, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this, and hopefully it'll help everyone who happens to own this game.​

Table of Contents

1.) [alink id=Prologue]Prologue[/alink id]
2.) Grasslands
3.) Tree Dungeon
4.) Candy Kingdom
5.) Tomb Dungeon
6.) Red Rock Pass
7.) Cave Dungeon
8.) Ice Kingdom / Fire Kingdom
9.) Ice King's Castle
10.) Book 'o Bosses
11.) Enigmatic Enemy Guide
12.) Apprehensive Item Coverage Guide
13.) Food + Condiments Combo List
14.) Wizards of Waverly Place Stars​

These may not be updated in the correct order - I may add something to the reference guides, like a boss or enemies, that have already been covered in one section, and update it once again when another section is written. Therefore, I would recommend using the Table of Contents to avoid getting lost instead of scrolling down the thread, as they order might not be correct in the thread.​

[a id]Prologue[/a id]
[a id]Prologue[/a id]

Prologue

Sorry about the terrible quality, it was the only MP3 file of the song I could find

Your adventure into the Land of Ooo is about to begin! Press Start and choose a file and you will be cast off into the game! The game begins in a cosmic world, where you happen to encounter the Cosmic Owl! Jake will make a joke about Cosmic Owl's stanky poots, which will make the Cosmic Owl attack you with flying cosmic meteors! How un-radical! Thanks for nothing, Jake.​

P32fzYL.png
Zr4xnab.png

Sl1VBl8.png
XEhtTFw.png

Don't worry about this, because Finn will wake up and find it was only a dream! However, he's still very angry at Jake for getting him dream-demolished, so Jake decides to let Finn destroy his teacup collection. Jake doesn't feel motivated enough to move, so Finn lets him tag along in his backpack, even though he's still a jerk for getting him killed.​

R6VbtV2.png
aZjV6n5.png
YGalLJ1.png

3f9Kxqb.png
60on3zr.png
QN4xfdS.png

You're now in control of Finn and Jake, so head to the left and go down the ladder. Continue right until you bump into BMO. He'll greet you and tell you that he overheard your conversation. He'll tag along with you and show you the basics of how to play. After the conversation is over, you'll automatically warp into the Secret Basement!

YvWbwjz.png
mTi61E2.png
mONPTpV.png

9hiAeJD.png
C3qqX0R.png
bZfdnkS.png

Now that you're in the basement, BMO will show you all the basic instructions of the game and all the controls. Simply head right and follow his commands to become a totally rad hero!

Protip
Pro Advice:

These basic controls are given to you at the start of the game. You'll be able to unlock more radical abilities as you progress through the game.

A Button: Interact with Overworlds
B Button: Jump
Y Button: Attack with Finn
Y + Y + Y: Triple Punch Combo
B then Y: Aerial Punch​
X Button: Attack with Jake
Directional Pad: Move Around
Down Button: Duck
Down + B: Slide Kick
Down + Y: Low Kick​
Up + Y: Uppercut​
Start: Pause​

Halfway through the tutorial, you'll get access to the BMO Screen. BMO will hold all of the Loot and Treasure you collect throughout the game, has a screen to show you Finn and Jake's stats/abilities, and contains a Map Screen that you'll activate later. I recommend saving that Cheeseburger - it gives a lot of health, and you don't really need to restore your health at this point.​

RkT9Pzd.png
M5NT3kf.png
kBxY97G.png
KvbxRsu.png
pDWH4hA.png
VUfLT0r.png

Head to the right and go down the stairs yet again. On the bottom floor, you'll encounter Neptar, who just got back from an awesome babe-cation. He'll teach you about your stats and tell you about Wizard Stars, which help increase these stats. You can learn about each individual stat by either highlighting them on the Finn & Jake tab on the BMO Screen, or talking to Neptar.

Protip
Pro Advice:

Each stat is pretty straightforward, and you only have three: HEARTS, ATTACK, and SPEED. Each stat can be upgraded with Wizard Stars found throughout Ooo, and there are enough to upgrade each stat to it's full capacity.

HEARTS: Hearts are, obviously, your life force! Each heart you have can take 4 hits. You start out with two hearts, which is 8 hits. You can get a maximum of 6 stars, which is 24 hits! I recommend upgrading this first when you get the first Wizard Star, as it's very vital, and taking 8 hits isn't as hard as you think in this game.

ATTACK: Attack determines how much damage you give to enemies. You start out pretty weak in the beginning, so upgrading this after health is vital, especially since the bosses can be difficult without upgrades.

SPEED: Speed determines how fast you travel, both on the side-scrolling maps and the overworld maps. Since this isn't really as important as the other two, you can afford to not upgrade this if you want to focus on the other two stats. It will, however, help you escape enemy attacks better, so don't write it off completely.​

It's best to keep these balanced as evenly as you can using an upgrade pattern of HEARTS
yboibYF.png
ATTACK
yboibYF.png
SPEED, because it might become noticeable if you train your focus on one or two stats and leave the others raw. There's no point in having a full health bar if you aren't fast enough to dodge attacks :P

Neptar will always be in Finn's house, so if you need to relearn anything about stats, go talk to him.​

9vWj0az.png
wXy3qWz.png
846eBb7.png
LDqbaNa.png
A6dOcN0.png
RMx8mG0.png

With that out of the way, there is nothing left to do in Finn's house but leave. Don't worry, you'll come back really soon. Head left and leave the house and... what is this?! Your garbage can is missing!​

nmMlk1I.png
5TvMJcs.png

But the real question is, who took it? Why, it was no one other than that dirty old Ice King! What a jerk!​

fNnWspF.png
pNw4fFE.png
sWY0MZQ.png

For some weird and unknown reason, the Ice King took all of your garbage! Now he's making you go through perilous dungeons and solve adequate riddles to get it all back! As fun as it sounds, what does he need the garbage for? Either way, you have no choice but to chase him down and give him a good 'ol fashioned booty kicking!​

aV6XRU3.png
ylXWH8a.png

Head to the left, where you'll encounter some Water Nymphs in the next area. They'll tell you that you can save your game by taking a break next to the fountain. Saving by the fountain also completely replenishes your health, so don't pass up the chance for free healing when you come across these watery babes.

Protip
Pro Advice:

Whenever you're defeated, you're sent back to the last point in time that you saved at a fountain. Any items/upgrades obtained and general progress achieved since that last save will be reset once this happens. This does affect any items you use, however, and will restore them to their original state to be used again. Try to avoid getting defeated if you can - it sucks having to go back through everything. If your health is low and you're too far from a fountain, snack on some delicious food in your inventory or use a power-up to protect yourself.

6psTLDv.png
Ela9UOJ.png

After saving, head left, and you'll be cast into the lush Grasslands, where the true adventure will begin!​

©PJBottomz

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I don't own this game nor watch the series on TV, but wow... this guide was pretty sweet and definitely made me want to check out the game. I know you're hardly done with it, but it's definitely really straight to the point and everything flows together smoothly. I checked out a walkthrough of the game on YT and it looks really fun and relaxing. I might actually buy it! Thanks for this, and keep it up! :D

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I don't own this game nor watch the series on TV, but wow... this guide was pretty sweet and definitely made me want to check out the game. I know you're hardly done with it, but it's definitely really straight to the point and everything flows together smoothly. I checked out a walkthrough of the game on YT and it looks really fun and relaxing. I might actually buy it! Thanks for this, and keep it up! :D

You're welcome! I'm glad I inspired you to buy the game. Trust me, it's worth the money. Outside of some minor graphical defects, it's a lot of fun and extremely easy to play! If you do buy it, you'll definitely enjoy it. The entire Grasslands walkthrough is going to take a bit of time, so it might not be up until early September or so depending on how much schoolwork I'll have to do. I can guarantee that it'll flow the same way as the prologue did, although it'll much harder considering I might need to get a lot of action shots. Of course, those will be the best part ;D The Tree Dungeon should follow it shortly since it's significantly smaller, and then another wait for the Candy Kingdom and so on-so forth for each section. But for now, the Grasslands will come in time.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
The set-up you've got here is really aesthetically pleasing and easy to read, which adds a lot of quality to your guide. The Beemo cursor is a nice touch haha, and your excessive use of 'radical' brings that signature Adventure Time 'comical' feel into play. On top of that, your way of explaining things are light-hearted and easy to understand, so great job there. I picked up a few minor mistakes, but they can be fixed easily.

so Finn let's him tag along in his backpack
which help increase theses stats.
Obvious fixes here, just typos.
and also has a screen to show you Finn and Jake's stats/abilities, and a Map Screen (it hasn't been activated yet)
To make the sentence flow better, take out the first 'and' as well as 'also'.

Other than that, I like what you've done so far and I'm always a fan of anything Adventure Time. Keep at it ;]

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The set-up you've got here is really aesthetically pleasing and easy to read, which adds a lot of quality to your guide. The Beemo cursor is a nice touch haha, and your excessive use of 'radical' brings that signature Adventure Time 'comical' feel into play. On top of that, your way of explaining things are light-hearted and easy to understand, so great job there. I picked up a few minor mistakes, but they can be fixed easily.

*typo corrections*

Other than that, I like what you've done so far and I'm always a fan of anything Adventure Time. Keep at it ;]

Thank you a bunch! I'm glad you like the CSS and the cursor, I thought they'd be nice additions. Yeah, it'd be hard to write any kind of Adventure Time guide without using the word radical lol. And typos, grr, they'll be the death of me. I make them a lot and they almost always go unnoticed. Thank you for pointing those out for me!

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Grasslands

ciFlSsZ.png

The Grasslands is a bustling green canvas of enemies and discovery, and is the place where you'll begin your adventure for your garbage can! Before you begin your trek throughout this vibrant land, you should take notice of the creepy black ghosts that float around everywhere. These are actually travelling "packs" of enemies. Running into one will cast you into a single stage with a few enemies to defeat. These enemies can drop items when beaten, and if you defeat all of them, you can get a sweet power-up or item from a treasure chest that appears on your starting point, like the Stars of Frozen Rain that I got below. These ghosts will appear in every section of the game, so if you're having trouble avoiding them, try to pick up some items that can let you outrun or hide from them.​

oWR0BBk.png
SxhL6Fl.png

rLPVytX.png
ILarDwK.png

Now that we're in the Grasslands, we've got a few missions to do before we can move on to the Candy Kingdom. Although previously unstated in the game, the main priority right now is to find Finn's sword, Scarlet. She's in a glaringly obvious location, but access to her is cut off right now until we finish the jobs we have to do.

The first step is to go to the Housies Village, which is a direct left from the bottom of the hill that the Tree House is on. Here, we'll receive requests from the villagers for certain things. The main four people you want to talk to are:

• Mail Housie
  • Girl Housie with the Dog Housie
  • Jail Housie
  • Princess Bubblegum

As you talk to each of these people, you'll learn of their requests. Mail Housie tells you that a person named Donny stole his mail parcel, and that he can't deliver the mail without it. Girl Housie with the Dog Housie tells you that a suspicious blue guy patted her dog and gave him fleas. Jail Housie tells you that if you find any evidence of bad guys to bring it to him. Princess Bubblegum will tell you that she's in the village doing some cartography; if you find a cart, bring it to her and she'll install it for you.​

A54HKNd.png
LAXhXya.png
yaufdrO.png

E4o1ZZ8.png
dM7lH2B.png
ISYOpg9.png

Before you leave, stop back at the Well Housie for a radical treat. He'll tell you really lame story that Finn and Jake will sleep through; but at the end, he mentions something about dropping down inside of him to find treasure. In order to do so, stand on top of the well and hold the down button. If you do this, you should find a Crystal Eye awaiting you; this item grants you temporary invincibility whenever you use it! Save this for a time when you really need it, because there are very few of them in the game.​

QGNd8CV.png
QGTvEO9.png
AIYkuai.png

Now, on to the requests! The easiest and quickest one to do right now is to find a Cartridge for Princess Bubblegum to install. Head north up the hill and take a left until you come across a single bush. When you enter, you should notice a treasure chest sitting in the center of the stage. Open it up and you'll obtain the BMO Map Cartridge! Princess Bubblegum can install this into BMO to activate the map screen. There's nothing left to do on this stage, so leave and head back to the Village.​

KOeAuzs.png
YWD5RtO.png
BUCVghs.png

Once back in the village, go talk to Princess Bubblegum. She'll inform you about the outbreak of "aggressive creatures" and tell you to go to the Tree Dungeon, mentioning that the Ice King was last seen there. More importantly, she'll also install your map cart, giving you access to the Map Screen! At any point in the game, you can use this map to find your location. This is helpful on overworld screens when you don't know where to go next. After that, she'll fly off... but wait? She left something behind! After picking up the object with no hesitation, you discover that it's part of a note! There are two other pieces of the note to get, so let's get right on that!​

xpxcAyJ.png
X86u6y2.png
965mys5.png

8y6A7Ox.png
dOvrq21.png
yvY7L7S.png

Now, leave the Village and head north again, but this time go up towards the staircase. Entering it will take you to what I will refer to as a Transfer Map. These maps are merely present to take you between two separated areas. Move Finn onto the stairs to enter the map. Proceed to your left and defeat all the enemies you encounter, taking care to grab the Beauteous Wings and the Gossamer Cloak while you progress. A lot of the enemies will drop food and condiments, so make sure to grab them.

Protip
Pro Advice:

Some of the enemies are very low to the ground, and you may not be able to hit them with your punches. If you struggle with this, you can utilize Jake's stretchy arm attack by pressing X - not only is it long distance, but it can hit enemies that are too close to the ground, like the jumping rocks. You can also use your slide attack (Down + B) to damage these enemies, but step back after using it or they'll get close and attack.

Eventually, you should come out on top of the cliff. Head into the Save Fountain and replenish yourself before going into the stage nearby, where you'll begin your very first Boss Battle!​

Bywzk3R.png
xm6oTQw.png
4wTg9Az.png

YYL76n3.png
cPvrdPo.png
YdEktB6.png

When you enter the stage, head left until you encounter Donny the Ogre, the culprit behind the Case of the Missing Mail Parcel! He outright refuses to give it back, so you have no choice but to beat the troll-y snot out of him!​

OJa1H0F.png
3RdiLkm.png
9ygnieX.png

FBHBeBV.png
8UOPu7f.png

Boss Battle!
Donny, the Obnoxious Grass Orge

Health Points: 70

Donny is the standard in simple first boss, having few attacks and being very easy to defeat. His first attack is a powerful punch; you know he's about to use it if he pulls his arm back. Crouch to dodge this attack, and then wail on him. He will also do a jump attack where he flies into the air and comes crashing down. Move out of the way to avoid this and punch the snot out of him. If close combat isn't working for you, you can utilize Jake's attack (X) or Finn's slide attack (Down + B). You shouldn't have too much trouble with this guy.​

Once you defeat Donny, you'll obtain the Mail Parcel! Radical! Now that you've gotten back the stolen item, head back to the Housies Village and return it to Mail Housie. He'll open it up and tell you that there's a letter for you in there. You'll then receive the second piece of Evidence! You only have one more part of the note to find before you can piece it back together, so now it's time to fulfill the final request: getting rid of Dog Housie's fleas.​

olxjdVa.png
AbBdEpc.png
iDXynat.png

ajWWwY8.png
BSSGLj3.png
wE3Lcl4.png

So now, we have to find something to get rid of those bothersome fleas that have invaded Dog Housie! Starting from the Village, go directly right until you reach a large platform with two staircases, a fountain, and another village. If needed, stop at the fountain; if not, head into the village, which is home to Hot Dog Princess. She'll tell you that one of her Hot Dog Knights is investigating the Tree Dungeon. This is in fact a quest... request, but it can't be completed until later, so don't stress it too much now.​

vFYidZD.png
3vt9aZ8.png

NAi0snL.png
KuTgReG.png

For now, we have to focus on those fleas. Now, head southwest towards the lower platform, where you should find the entrance to Apple Woods. Enter it and you should encounter everyone's favorite pie maker, Tree Trunks! She'll tell you that she's been looking at some new pie recipes, and that if you have a weird ingredient, she could make it into a pie for you. She suggests looking in the Dark Forest to find something weird enough. Sounds like a very sinister pie...​

659bbNp.png
Acl8To4.png
inis2Nv.png

On the coattails of her suggestion, head back up to the previous platform and take the bottom-most staircase and traverse through the Transfer Map. Near the end of it, you should find Lumpy Space Princess, who's roasting a marshmallow over a fire. She'll tell you about how she and Hot Dog Princess were attacked by evil bunnies! How lame!​

9Qh8IoD.png
0rhZxUH.png
Lv8g7OY.png

Once you progress through this stage and come out on the other side, head into the entrance of Dark Forest. Once inside, you'll run into Raggedy Princess. After noting that you're on an adventure, she'll give you a parting memento in the gift of a Raggedy Sock. Uh... yeah, thanks. There's nothing left to do here, so exit the Dark Forest through the Transfer Map.​

V0pqOOH.png
8Ev2Dn4.png

FE96Mzy.png
kljmDUQ.png

Now, head back down to Apple Woods and talk to Tree Trunks again. She'll take notice of your Raggedy Sock and claim that she can make a pie out of it. Why she would want to, well... that's a real mystery. Nonetheless, after some pie-making specialties, she'll gift you the Shoofly Pie. Yuck! No matter how nasty it smells, it'll definitely get rid of the fleas on Dog Housie. Let's not waste time, so get back to the Housie Village quickly!

Protip
Pro Advice:

Now that you've completed this part of the game, Tree Trunks can now make you her delicious Tree Trunks Pie. This item completely restores your health, no matter how much is missing. You can get an infinite supply of these; simply give Tree Trunks 3 apples to get one. Make sure to save your apples!

3kE1PR5.png
7wp6g2b.png
IepH1Jb.png

2cTDoM9.png
FLJgaX9.png
hGtiaTo.png

Back in the village, talk to Girl Housie with Dog Housie. The Shoofly Pie should immediately attract the fleas, saving Dog Housie from a terribly itchy life! In return, the Girl Housie will gift you with the final piece of the note! Waste no time, and go over to Jail Housie. He should piece together the note that we all want to know about!​

kCHDyxL.png
Lx30Rdw.png
RdkaBLl.png

Th3gvDc.png
aI93LTa.png

... So the whole time it was under Finn's bed? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

... Ahem. Anyway. Now that we know where Scarlet is, there's nothing left to do but go get her. Head back to Finn's house and go to the top floor. Stand near Finn's bed and press the A Button to discover Scarlet, the Golden Sword!

SL9oHDh.png

Protip
Pro Advice:

Scarlet is only usable if your health gauge isn't too low. She's enticed by romance, so if you don't keep your hearts up, she won't appear. Using her gives you a small power boost, and a larger striking distance. All the attack controls for Finn are the same, except now he will use Scarlet to attack instead of his fists, so long as he's healthy.

Now that you have Scarlet in your possession, you're safe to go through the perilous Tree Dungeon! What wonders and dangers await you in this threatening place? And more importantly, are they oak trees? Who knows?! Let's find out!​

©PJBottomz

Last edited:
Back