• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FanFic Battle Thread

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
Accepted, frostweaver. XD

*twitches* I rarely squirm. More like twitch. XD

question: We can portray our opponents however we want, correct? Even if it's in a severely negative image? We can just treat them as our own characters in our version of the match?
Absolutely. Just remember what frostweaver said, and your own common sense. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
OK, I think I'll post my character and team for now, but remember that I won't participate in an actual battle for a while. I need to do something first. I'll write my side in my usual script style, with Japanese names like always, however, I'm also trying something new and experimental with this thing. Just wait to see what it is.

trainer: Jamaht
preference: full 6-on-6 battles, single or double

Hakuryuu (Dragonair) [female]: 10,000 Bolt (Thunderbolt), Flamethrower, Freeze Beam (Ice Beam), Water Surge (Water Pulse)*
Jukain (Sceptile) [male]: Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath, Focus Punch
Yamikarasu (Murkrow) [male]: Shadow Ball, Parroting (Mirror Move)
Arbok [female]: Hole Digging (Dig), Earthquake, Iron Tail, Poison Poison (Toxic)
Kyuukon (Ninetales) [female]: Reflector (Reflect)
Nyaasu (Meowth) [male]: Cat's Hand (Assist)

EDIT: Changed Jukain's Skill Swap to Dragon Breath.
EDIT2: Added genders, and put Water Surge on Hakuryuu.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Jukain/Sceptile can't use Skill Swap. Canonic movepools are used for the battle fanfic, so I guess that you'll have to either take Skill Swap off the list, or use something else.

In terms of what is the style of the battle (6vs6, double battle, etc), you can decide for your side of the story. You can do a 2vs2, while your opponent do a 6vs6, so it really doesn't matter too much there. Don't forget that you can use more than the listed attacks, but just that you have to use those listed attacks as well. As a reminder, the attack effects don't exactly have to be identical to that of the game, as long as it's within reason (ex: Negrek changed Sunny Day so that it has a certain specific effect against her opponent's Dusclops due to Dusclops's Pokedex information)

Yes... I shall get to writing now. *scribble scribble*

*wants a hug*

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
Here's my info, though I'm not sure what the deal is with naming attacks... surely the entire movepool for a pokemon will be open:

Mattie

Normandy/houndoom
King Quag/quagsire
Wright/larvitar
Vigor/ampharoas
C Note/whiscash
Trisomy/dodrio

:)

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
EmporerServingSpoon said:
Basically what will happen is that when two people battle, they will first write down their chartacter's name, which six Pokemon they'll be using, making sure to list any special moves they have(only things obtainable in the game), and any nicknames for their Pokemon.
You just need to say what Special Moves(learned via TM, egg move, etc.) they have. The moves they learn via leveling up do NOT need to be listed.
Don't forget that you can use more than the listed attacks, but just that you have to use those listed attacks as well.
I beg to differ. XD The listed attacks are TM, egg, etc. moves, while all level-up moves do not need to be listed. Which level-up moves are used is left to the author, but the listed ones are the 'extra moves' that have been given to the Pok?mon aside from their normal ones. [/unneccessary babbling] XD

So, are Yamato-San and Act battling? Or are they confused or confusing me?

*writewritewrite*

?SilverBlaze09?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
err... really? So we have to list *any* egg moves and TMs used?

*Huge Sweatdrop* O_O;;;

Oh dear...
Ahem... save me from the massive editing required by saying, I'm including the *entire* possible movepool for all of my Pokemon... (and did the same to yours as well ^^; I threw in any listed possible attacks, egg moves, TM/HM and move tutors too)

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
Ahem... save me from the massive editing required by saying, I'm including the *entire* possible movepool for all of my Pokemon... (and did the same to yours as well ^^; I threw in any listed possible attacks, egg moves, TM/HM and move tutors too)
*arched eyebrow* I think the purpose of that rule was to try to prevent, say, a tyranitar with Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Focus Punch, Substitute, etc. *winces* Can you imagine that? XP

However, I agree with you for now. I think I'll edit mine, too. XD There are some moves I wanna try. XD

Should that rule be altered or removed?

?SilverBlaze09?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
REMOVED, all the way O_O;

Actually, I looked back at Negrek's story and her story also used moves outside of the listed ones. Seriously, it's not hard to deal with a Tyranitar who is using all of those moves if you got an equally impressive variety of arensal to counter-fire. Plus, the more moves that are available to use, the better the battle strategies can be.

It's simply the writer's loss if they aren't familiar enough to use the huge variety of movepool outside of lvl-up attacks. Writers who did the research to dig out these special attacks should get the just reward by being allowed to use them.

*wants a hug*

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
XD Then the thing shall be removed. XD Stricken from the quote of rules. XD

I'm getting more and more excited. XD Dooooommmm... XD

Two paragraphs and my battle already almost done. XD In my head. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
I thought what you meant by "special" moves would be like the exotic ones... bubble on magikarp, for example, or fly on pikachu. Those promo moves given away at specific Nintendo events or places, that is.

Apologies for breaking the now-defunct rule.

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
like I said, I'm not posting my battle for a long time. My opponent doesn't need to just be the next person who posts their team after me, does it? Don't mean to be picky, but I'd personally prefer more of a challenge. Just because I'm using unevolved Pokemon (which I really like, by the way) doesn't mean my opposition needs to purposely go easy on me by using unevolved Pokemon themselves and leaving out any non-natural attacks (but if they're using unevolved Pokemon based on preferences themselves, I guess that'd be alright, though a person battling more for strength, something like using their own Net Battle team would be more prefered. If I must face such an opponent, it'd be nice if they at least put some good non-natural moves on it). I'd like to show how I can work my way around a tough opponent, despite my handicap.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
Don't mean to be picky, but I'd personally prefer more of a challenge.

I'm flattered.

Just because I'm using unevolved Pokemon (which I really like, by the way) doesn't mean my opposition needs to purposely go easy on me by using unevolved Pokemon themselves and leaving out any non-natural attacks

Yeah, Gawd forbid I like larvitar... maybe you should take a step down off that horse...

Look, I use the same team every time I do anything like this. I don't do 'move combos' and 'sweepers' or whatever. I just choose who I like best. Deal.

As for the special moves, um... I just sort of assumed the whole movepool was open. Why do I need to list things anyone could go find out themselves?

That was awfully conceited, and if I'm really not good enough, I'll gladly take someone else. I'm not sure what you're issue is, but if you want to tell me I suck please come out and do it, really.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Yamato-san said:
Just because I'm using unevolved Pokemon (which I really like, by the way) doesn't mean my opposition needs to purposely go easy on me by using unevolved Pokemon themselves and leaving out any non-natural attacks

Um... a slight confusion here?

What's the difference between evolved forms and unevolved forms anyway...? Since stats went out the window as this isn't the gameboy/netbattle, it doesn't matter as much if Pokemon are evolved or not. As long as the rough stats are approximately correct (ex: Swellow is fast, but Fearow, who is slower in the game, can be faster than Swellow) then it's just fine.

There's only a few point in time when evolutions do matter. They are...

a) if the evolved form can learn an attack but the unevolved form cannot (ex: Altaria can learn earthquake. Swablu cannot.) This is probably the most important aspect as your movepool is endangered.

b) if the evolved form is dramatically different in the physical build (ex: Charmander and Charmeleon cannot fly. Charizard can, because it got wings through evolution.)

c) if attachment items only work for certain evolutions. (ex: Light Ball)

d) if there's a type change through evolution (ex: Scyther and Scizor)

e) if there's a change in ability (ex: Trapinch has arena trap. Vibrava and Flygon got levitate instead.)

f) unevolved Pokemon has the opportunity to evolve in the middle of the battle

g) Pokedex information is different (ex: Nincada, Ninjask and Shedinja)

Otherwise... no point to fight over Grovyle or Sceptile, and the likes.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2006
Okay, I wrote something. Finally. I don't know what it is, but I hope you all will read it. I wanted it to seem like the end of a story, so I kinda made it a little dramatic...in retrospect, prolly too dramatic. Maybe. Whatever. Okay, here's my fanfic battle entry.

Bob looked back on the town briefly, and then escaped into the forest adjacent to it. Night had come and the trees cast an ominous shadow on the entire area. So thick were they, that the moon was only barely visible past their foliage. Sitting down, back propped up on a tree, Bob sat to reflect on what he had done.

They deserved it, he told himself. Why try to appease a conscience that was already not strong enough to keep him from murder anyway, though? He was Evil?s pawn. And this had not been his greatest act, just his latest. Controlled by forces who merely exist to oppose the light, Bob had served as a conduit through which death and suffering flowed. He had become legendary. He got up and began to walk deeper into the forest.

Stepping out from the shadows cast by the forest?s trees, Billy stood in front of Bob.

?Who are you??

?The son of those you just murdered,? Billy replied.

?What murder? What are you talking about?? A lavender-hued cat strolled from behind Billy and purred. The gem in the center of its forehead shimmered and its long tail moved back and forth slowly. Little did he know, Billy had been sent to end Bob?s reign of evil.

?Espeon, told me all about it.? Sensing that there was no way to get out of this but to battle the kid, Bob decided to.

?Raticate, let?s defeat this guy and get out of here.? A hairy rodent appeared in front of Bob with large fangs protruding from both the top and bottom of its mouth. Long whiskers accentuated its already vicious looking facial features as well as its blood-red eyes.

?Espeon, use Confusion.? Espeon?s gem-studded forehead rolled to the side and then back facing Raticate as the air in front of her distorted and warped due to the powerful mind attack.

?Raticate, launch a Pursuit attack to oppose it.? Raticate released a beam of dark energy from its eyes, and both attacks met in the air and destroyed each other, still leaving sparks of energy dancing in the air between them, which now was too distorted for either trainer to see the other.

?I can?t see him. Be alert, Espeon.? From this confusion in the air between them came a quickly advancing shadow ball. It struck Espeon in the chest, and the purple feline writhed in pain before falling, exhausted. The air cleared now, revealing a triumphant Raticate.

?Give up now, kid. You won?t defeat me.?

?Heracross, use Brick Break.? Quickly following its emergence from the pokeball, Heracross, the blue insect pokemon with a large horn protruding from the top center of its head, charged at Raticate with fists poised in a ready-to-chop manner.

?Raticate, slow him down with Scary Face.? Between raticate and heracross, a large pair of yellow eyes accompanied by a yellow mouth appeared, smiling menacingly in the darkness. Heracross could not help but slow his attack down, and the brick break attack landed but was not as devastating as it would have been at full speed. Raticate was heavily damaged, but not exhausted.

?Now, use Endeavor to even the odds, Raticate.? Raticate screeched and, with that noise, tried to relate to heracross all the pain it had gone through in the battle. Heracross lifted its hands to cover its ears, but it could not guard itself from the attack. Mental images of the pain invoked on Raticate flashed through his mind, bringing his health down to be on par with raticate?s, which was very low.

Just then, Heracross bit down on something that had apparently been placed in its mouth long before this battle had started. He glowed temporarily, and the muscles in his arms and legs expanded.

?Raticate, quick, attack!? raticate shot forward as if due to some invisible force behind it.

?Heracross, try to endure this one attack. When raticate is right near you, use brick break again.?

Raticate head-butted heracross with the full force of its quick attack. Heracross stood firm, glowing red with the fire of endurance. As raticate?s attack ceased, heracross pulled back its fist and punched the pokemon in the gut. Raticate rolled to its trainer?s feet, unconscious.

As if of its own accord, a large brown bird emerged from a pokeball in Bob?s hand. Red feathers adorned its head, flowing back from their origin point at the top of the black markings that covered the top half of its face like a mask. A beak, seemingly sharpened with experience, protruded from the front of the bird?s face.

?Aerial Ace.? Heracross crossed its arms in front of its face, trying to brace itself for the attack. The attack sliced through his defenses, though, and the rest of his life force. The insect pokemon fell over, exhausted.

?Jolteon, go!? From another of Billy?s pokeballs came the form of a four-legged yellow, cat-like creature. Its neck was surrounded by white spikes that sparkled with electric energy. ?Use Thunder!?

?Pidgeot, stay in the air!?

Huh?

The clouds above became active, rumbling restlessly. A large bolt of lightning surged downwards. Instead of hitting Pidgeot, though, they struck the trees, natural lighting rods that they are, and flowed harmlessly to the ground.

?Now, use Aerial Ace again!? The attack rained down from above Jolteon and struck the pokemon with infallible accuracy.

?Jolteon?s not lookin? too hot. One more of these attacks from Pidgeot, and it?ll be over.?

?Jolteon, pin missile,? Billy commanded, ignoring the taunts. Jolteon?s collar of white spikes leaned forward and shot out at Pidgeot. The bird was sent flying into a tree.

?Pidgeot, get away from that tree!? Pidgeot struggled, but it couldn?t move; the pins had skewered its wings and fastened them to the tree.

?Now, Jolteon, use Thunder!? The clouds rumbled again and then let loose another large bolt of lightning. The shock coursed through Pidgeot?s body, causing the bird to become singed. It finally fell from the tree, smoking and exhausted.

?Listen, kid, just let me go.?

?No, you won?t get away with what you?ve done.?

?Typhlosion and Beautifly, go!?

?Wait, okay, you wanna change the rules in the middle of the game, eh??

?You see a ref anywhere? Really, there?s no one here to stop me from doing this?Typhlosion, roast that kid with your flamethrower!? A blazing stream shot forward from the over-grown salamander?s mouth, the flames on its collar glowing more brightly now.

Without having been called, Blaziken rushed out of its pokeball and stood in front of the flames, stretching its arms out. The flamethrower attack hit the humanoid pokemon square in the chest and parted, shooting straight left and right. Two of the forest?s trees burst into flames now, but Blaziken stood unscathed.

?Blaziken, Mirror Move!? The fighting fire pokemon reached its arms forward, sharp claws at each end outstretched, then pulled his arms back and. A stream of fire rushed from its mouth and towards beautifly. The butterfly pokemon came crashing down to the earth, unconscious and defeated.

?Now, go Milotic. Use surf to stop this forest fire!? Billy?s sea serpent pokemon let out a loud roar, calling forth waves of water that flowed past the burning trees and quenched the inferno. A sweeping wave flowed across the ground, not only squelching the burning trees, but also Typhlosion?s ability to battle.

You think you've won?

A strangely creepy and melodic voice now reverberated in Billy?s head.

?Huh??

This game is over!

From the smoke behind him lunged a fiercely crying banette. The dark pokemon, looking somewhat like a possessed doll with a chipped tooth, had its arms outstretched, prepared obviously to attack Billy directly.

?That?s right, Banette. Kill him.? The ghost pokemon grabbed Billy by the neck and tightened its grasp slowly. It then began to shake him violently. Blaziken turned around swiftly, realizing that his trainer was in trouble.

?Banette, use Wil-o-Wisp!? A deep purple flame struck the ground just in front of Billy, who now was turning blue. The ground erupted into flames and Blaziken stood still for a second.

All I wanted was revenge, but now it seems that revenge has been terminated in mid execution by a burning column of flames and an evil ghost. The smoke, the heat, the choking?it?s over.

?I?m gonna get out of here now.? The forest had caught fire. The immediate area was raging with fire as was the entire vicinity. Even if Billy could manage to break free of Banette?s stranglehold, there was no way he would survive. The murderer, Bob, left on the back of his pidgeot.

There is that potential in pokemon, when the circumstances call for it, to do amazing things.

Milotic had been affected by the heat, too, as it surrounded her. She focused now, however, on unleashing the most powerful surf attack that she could muster. Eyes closed, mind concentrated, milotic?s body began to glow a luminous blue. She opened them, and from her mouth was released the largest stream of water. In this time of distress, Billy?s pokemon had learned the advanced and focused water attack, Hydro Pump. The column of flames around Billy dissipated to reveal the kid lying there, half-dead, banette nor the crook in sight. Milotic collapsed due to massive energy expenditure. The area had been cleared for a while, but now the flames slowly crept up on them again. Blaziken walked up to Billy and scooped him off of the ground.

As they walked past her, Milotic was absorbed into her pokeball as if by reflex.

Awakening partially, Billy was greeted with the sight of flames all about him, and the blazing destruction they had caused. For a moment, his heart raced.

I super did not mean to steal that candy bar

But then like a wave bursting forth from a ruptured dam, the memories of the battle came back to him, and once again, he was aware completely of his situation.

The heat was getting to him, though. Exhaustion set in and took its toll.

?And we didn?t even get him,? he trailed off, coughing.

The smoke gagged him and his Blaziken almost breathless. Billy felt himself drifting off into unconsciousness again as even Blaziken knelt to rest, not being able to breath through the now thick smoke. As said before, though;

There is that potential in pokemon, when the circumstances call for it, to do amazing things.

The will to live that exists in all human and pokemon alike is a source of amazing power; one greater than any adrenal gland can muster.

Bob?s hardened heart softened for a moment, but only a moment; as when you bathe your morals in wickedness, altruism feels like weakness. He continued to soar above the forest on his pigeot, escaping the flaming death trap in which he had left Billy. He had done more than he set out to, but to a wicked man, is there too much destruction?

From the hell-on-earth forest burst upwards a column of brilliantly sparkling fire. The sudden increase in light caught Bob?s attention and he turned his head back to view the spectacle that had caused it. From the steadily upward flowing expanse of flames emerged a figure, one with four golden-hot wings and the body of an angel. The fire dispersed and cleared.

Blaziken?s fur had been replaced by darkened (as if charred) red plates of armor that now covered Billy?s appendages. The amber wings that glowed behind him stretched out an expanse that dwarfed a bald eagle?s proportions. Lastly, his center was similarly hued; golden and brilliant.

??****. Go faster, Pidgeot.? Faster than what, though? His current speed? Not enough. Not enough by far. Billy caught up with Bob in the air and grabbed him by the neck, lifting him from his winged vehicle, which continued to soar forward. The heat from him only scalded what he wished it to scald. He would revel in the face of Bob?s fear before annihilating him.

?You thought that you could murder heartlessly without consequence, did you?? His grasp tightened. What kind of proponent of good delights in suffering, though? With the voice of Billy and the Blaziken?s fury, he condemned Bob with the following words.

?Pyrical Touch.? Bob was ash in an instant. Billy lowered back to the forest.

He stood in the midst of the inferno and drew a deep breath.

?Heat Absorb.? The fire, as if drawn by some great force, traveled through the forest and extinguished upon contact with Billy?s body. The trees remained scorched, though, and the plant life scalded.

Even eradicated, evil?s reign is not quickly forgotten.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Act said:
I'm flattered.

Yeah, Gawd forbid I like larvitar... maybe you should take a step down off that horse...

Look, I use the same team every time I do anything like this. I don't do 'move combos' and 'sweepers' or whatever. I just choose who I like best. Deal.

As for the special moves, um... I just sort of assumed the whole movepool was open. Why do I need to list things anyone could go find out themselves?

That was awfully conceited, and if I'm really not good enough, I'll gladly take someone else. I'm not sure what you're issue is, but if you want to tell me I suck please come out and do it, really.

No offense meant. You know, if you read my post correctly, you'd see I wasn't entirely leaving out the possibility that you're playing with preferences yourself. I said I wanted a challenge too, and I'm sorry, but, while points have been made about the unevolved Yougiras, you are leaving yourself wide open with that party. Both game and anime-wise, common sense says that one hit from Jukain's Leaf Blade, and three of your party members are as good as dead (seriously, in the anime, Satoshi's Juptor has gotten plenty of one-hit KOs, one such situation being against a water/ground-type). Jukain's such a speed demon, too, so it'd be ridiculously hard, if not Sueish, to get your disadvantageous Pokemon (which are very slow, by the way) to dodge it everytime. In other situations, even against a bunch of slower grass-types, your team may seem alright, but from where I stand, you'd be the only one left with a challenge writing your victory in this battle.

I guess another point I should make is that I don't intend to write this for a while, I'm just posting my team for now. As such, I see no reason that the next person to post should immediately be assumed to be my opponent. Act, do you really want to be my opponent and wait god-knows-how-long for me to post my half of the battle? If not, then I suggest leaving yourself open for another opponent.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Ground types have their fair share of ways to dodge stuff just because Sceptile doesn't have magical leaf. Fanfic battles allow plenty of dirty ground attacks that easily lower opponent's accuracy and boost their own evasive power at the same time. There's sandstorm (underlooked attack that screams abuse in fanfics), mud slap, dig, amnesia (both of Act's water/ground got that), mud shot (lowering speed is indirectly increasing their evasion), and since they're also part water, the access to icy wind can easily make the situation worst.

Or easily, anytime Sceptile comes out of battle, Act is forced to switch. I'm sure she got her ways around evil Sceptile.

*Hmmph!*

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
look, I'm not having Act as my opponent, nor am I going to heavily edit my team to make him seem more advantageous (I'm not expecting Act to edit his team for my sake neither), and let's leave it at that. If you're looking for a long, drawn-out explanation on why it'd be hard for me to think of a complicated victory instead of the easy-win scenario I keep mentioning, keep bringing it up.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Yamato-san said:
to think of a complicated victory instead of the easy-win scenario

That's also part of the challenge. Not only do you have to think for yourself, but also your opponent and make him/her look good regardless of the terrible team s/he got. Someone can easily choose a team of metapod, wurmple, magikarp and friends, and it'll be equally challenging because you can't make them look like a pushover either.

It's ok to decline Act (who is a she) and her challenge because you're too busy, but not for the reason that "it's a pushover team."

No Billy, you aren't too late. It's just that it usually takes awhile for people to vote as well.

*Hmmph!*

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
Seriously, this isn't life or death-- it's battle practice and yes, the challenge is in writing it well (look at the 'n00b' team Silver gave in).

I'm not sure where you get off telling me my pokemon choices aren't good enough for you, but I can't even begin to decribe how rude this is. I could easily complain about your team, but likes and dislikes vary. I won't, because you choose them for a reason and I respect that.

Again, I don't do netbattle and I don't care about having a uber-team. I choose my favorite pokemon. That's what I've always done... in games, in ASBs, whatever. In fact, I never even knew people would train teams speifically for beating a certain area of the game until I started going to forums. Honestly, I've never had the intiative to use pokemon I dislike.

And sorry hun, but that won't change because I've displeased you.

And yes, I am a 'she'.

Back