• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Pokemon Paper Mario Redux (Alpha 1 Released)

This hack is currently in-active, there are no scheduled plans for reviving this as of yet...

There is too much stuff going on in my life to have enough spare time to work on this. Maybe someday we will see this project up and running again.

redyoshiawardcopy.png

Huzzah!

Spoiler:
Credits
Alasteir - Music
.HackYosh - Banner (AKA ShinyGreenLatias)
Patjamma - Overworlds
WesleyFG - Tiles
Kyledove - Tiles and some palettes
Whack a Hack and PHO

Note: I still NEED Spriters and Tile Makers. Any help will greatly accepted.

DOWNLOADS - Up to Bowser's Seige

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2010
Good work this is the best hack of mario and luigi ;D!!If u want i can test it ;0.

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Wow xD
I can't wait to play this xD
Do you need any help with the graphics? ;o

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Wow, that's actually pretty cool.

I've never even thought of trying to turn it into another game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
(Whoah, haven't used this account for AGES)

Looking pretty damn good, though the text on the Pokemon description should be changed.

Still looking good though.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Replies

Wow, this looks great! Are you going to change Mario and Luigi's OWs?
Well planned, I wish you best of luck!

Yea, the only problem is I can't sprite for crap :\

He probaly would, 'cause the OW's look too
"Pokemon-ish".

:laugh: That was from the original thread. I plan on changing the OW's though like stated above. I suck a spriting. :paranoid:

Wow xD
I can't wait to play this xD
Do you need any help with the graphics? ;o

Of course, I'll accept any help with graphics. I definitely need help from spriters and such.

luigi should be electric and fighting, because he uses thunder hands in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Quite true. Though I'm sticking with Grass for now. You'll have the ability to "Evolve" Luigi by using items resembling a Thunder Stone. This makes it so that Luigi or Mario could evolve into any of the following by using said items.
Hammer Suit - Frog Suit - Tanooki - Winged etc.

(Whoah, haven't used this account for AGES)

Looking pretty damn good, though the text on the Pokemon description should be changed.

Still looking good though.

Yea, I'll be doing some major text changes. Seeing how Super Mario really isn't a "Pokemon" That and some back poses for trainers.

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Im not a spiter xD
I mostly do graphics ;3

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Many people attempted to make a Pokemon hack with Mario characters, but it seemed they all sucked and failed. But, this however, seems excellent! I think you should continue this. Maybe:
Change the OWs so they REALLY do look like Mario/Luigi. Check out nikkonolasco's mario sprites.
Goomba/Koopa sprites are great.
I hope you can send out the beta soon :)

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Many people attempted to make a Pokemon hack with Mario characters, but it seemed they all sucked and failed. But, this however, seems excellent! I think you should continue this. Maybe:
Change the OWs so they REALLY do look like Mario/Luigi. Check out nikkonolasco's mario sprites.
Goomba/Koopa sprites are great.
I hope you can send out the beta soon :)

Thanks,

The problem with using Nikkonalasco's Mario is that it's an 8 bit version. It will look a tad "out of place" with the rest of the game. But I'll look forward to changing the OWs. But at the moment it's not on my TOP priority list. As far as the release of the Beta, I won't make any promises but I'll have it within a month. But I will release a Pre-Beta so you won't have to wait a whole month to try it out. :classic:

I am still open to some suggestions .

IN OTHER NEWS....

I still need someone to help with music looping! I've tried Clonex's guide but I havn't gotten it to work :disappoin. So if someone is willing to help me or loop feel free to give me a PM :classic:

Also I need some Spriter's and maybe some Mappers. But mainly I'll need spriter's, since I suck at spriting :P.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I loved the look of this hack as soon as I saw it.
You might want to rip some graphics from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.
Good luck!

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Replies

why would u make luigi be the girl u should have chosen peach or daisy maybe just any good female character

Well Princess Peach is kidnapped in this game so that's a problem there. Daisy on the other hand would work but I felt that Luigi needed a bigger "role".

I loved the look of this hack as soon as I saw it.
You might want to rip some graphics from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.
Good luck!

Yea, In fact I have ripped most of the sprites that I'll need from MLSS. Now all I need are just some sprites which can't be ripped.

Years
  • Age 29
  • idk
  • Seen Jul 3, 2009
well that makes sense the hack looks really nice though. one more thing though are u gonig to be able to catch enemies or just get mario/luigi and get more characters as u progerss through the game.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
well that makes sense the hack looks really nice though. one more thing though are u gonig to be able to catch enemies or just get mario/luigi and get more characters as u progerss through the game.

I haven't yet decided on how to work that out. Right now I have 10 Planned partners that you'll receive from following the storyline, and I have 30 more planned at the moment that you'll receive from side quests. That's 40 to choose from and at that some will be able to "Power Up" into different forms, some even having 5 to choose from such as the Yoshi. But I'll go into detail later. So with all the forms you'll have an option of 60 to choose from.

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Maybe there is a new system xD
Like you can give food to goombas or "wild pokemons" and they will join your team? xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • idk
  • Seen Jul 3, 2009
since there is no elite four and no gym battles will u just be battling boss's from mario games or will u put in some enemies like from other nintendo games or is this 100% mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back