• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two legs or more legs?

Two legs, more legs or other shape?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There are a lot of four-legged pokémon but also a lot of two-legged ones. There are also other forms, like snakes or birds (birds could be regarded as two legged, perhaps) or shapes like that of Ghastly or Cofagrigus. Some pokémon don't have exactly four legs (Giratina) but could be counted towards that category still, since they are the same kind of shape. In my opinion and for this poll, at least! Unless someone heavily disagrees?
So.

Do you generally prefer more-legged or two-legged pokémon? In the games, or just in any media or situation. Why?

Or do you like other forms better? Shapes or body builds that are neither four- nor two-legged.

Also, please forgive me if you find my spelling strange xD I'm not a native English speaker so I'm going to blame that in that case ;D

Years
I like the 4 legged Pokemon designs more, but there are many exceptions.
Mewtwo would be an exception.

And there are many great Pokemon without legs, like Gyarados or Arbok.

Years
I've never really thought about it and I really just like Pokemon if their design is good regardless of how many legs they have.

But from my top ten favourite pokemon, eight of them are bipedal, then one four legged and obviously one other. So I guess I prefer bipedal designs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I tend to favor bipedal pokémon actually. For some reason, it feels like they'd be better fighters than four-legged ones.

Then I saw a glimpse of the Kyurem/Keldeo movie and thought Keldeo was kickass with his fighting style, so I guess I might refine my view on that soon enough ;)

But still. Pokémon like Scyther and Zangoose and Electabuzz, I prefer over pokémon like Ninetales, Mudkip or Absol. If I try to think of a real reason, maybe it is because it is more fun for me to write about battles in forum roleplays when I use bipedal pokémon ^^

Years
Hmm, I'd never really given that much thought to it until just now. Judging by the Pokemon that I use, I do tend to favor bipedal Pokemon more than the other two types, but I wouldn't say it's by an overwhelming margin.

There are also a few Pokemon families that I do like to use that switch from one "shape" to another (bi-pedal Oshawott -> four-legged Samurott, four-legged Aron to bi-pedal Aggron, bi-pedal Snivy to the snake-like Serperior, etc.).

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Honestly, I've never given much thought to the number of legs that a Pokémon has lol. I think I have a "thing" for levitating Pokémon though, even those who just seem to float without even having the ability Levitate.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I like 4-legged Pokemon da best. There's a bunch out there with a bunch of neat design...like Growlithe or Skuntank. And even one of mah personal favorites...Chikorita. Hey do u count Pokemon that can stand on two legs, but attack on four like Quilava or Furret...just wondering.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey do u count Pokemon that can stand on two legs, but attack on four like Quilava or Furret...just wondering.
I'd say that's up to your interpretation. I think of Furret as a bipedal, I think, which might be weird now that I really think xD But Quilava I think of as 4-legged. Maybe bulbapedia has some definitions on the matter, but for the intents and purposes of this poll, you can choose for yourself what they are ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I tend to like four legged pokemon and "other" body shapes (ghost types) slightly more than bipedal pokemon....but I don't have a real opinion. I like pokemon from all body types.

Back