• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks, I think I'm going to open a thread now ...

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
BaconBoy914's Sprites

Yeah so, I started spriting awhile ago, & I finally decided to bring them out of the recesses of my computer, so hear I go ...

Pikachu, I guess I have so work to do hear, especially with the head & it's roundness, & now,

Buizel! I think his foot needs work, I have many more sprites to put up, but I'll work these to death, before I post up more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah so, I started spriting awhile ago, & I finally decided to bring them out of the recesses of my computer, so hear I go ...

Pikachu, I guess I have so work to do hear, especially with the head & it's roundness, & now,

Buizel! I think his foot needs work, I have many more sprites to put up, but I'll work these to death, before I post up more.

this is my first scratch its pretty bad i think if anyone could give me some pointers it would be much appreciated i want to grow strong in spriting. also i included a trainer aswell. hope u like it
View attachment 43449
Name: Manes

View attachment 43448
Name: Porpatane
Type: Bug Grass

Please give me some pointers

To have your own thread you need at least 4 examples of sprites, so this shall be merged with the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I think it looks pretty good, the one thing I would do, finish the horn, and now so I can open a thread, feast your eyes on these. Personally, I hate Charmander, but what the hey.

, , &

Years
I think it looks pretty good, the one thing I would do, finish the horn, and now so I can open a thread, feast your eyes on these. Personally, I hate Charmander, but what the hey.

, , &

Your charmander is kinda cute, but weird, you made the anatomy on this one pretty bad.
His body is very cornered, you need to fix that, it looks abit weird on charmanders legs,and tail.
also remake the tail and flame, the tail doesn't bend well, the flame looks kinda small to me.
Same goes for charmeleon, you need to fix most of the shading on there, his jaw looks abit weird.
Charizard is the best of all of them, I like his pose and better anatomy then your other sprites, but the shading is off on the sprite, fix that it will look better.
But it looks so familier to me, really i'm sure i've seen it before.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmm, ... maybe on DeviantArt I posted it there, there was a sprite I saw on the internet posed in a similar pose.

Years
Yes now i know it, they are from pokesho!
Baconboy busted!!!
Dont use other people there hard work and make it your own, it gives a bad reputation and it's really lame..

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yes, but technically, they aren't, there is a difference, they've been resized, re-shaded into a more DPP style, & recolored to match there platinum sprites, and there body parts have been moved around, ... Yes they belong to Pokeani, (not Pokesho, whatever that is,) but I thought that they still counted, if edit aren't allowed, oops, I'll leave them on my computer for ... a, ... stuff. Oh and these are 100% mine,
, , , , & [URL=http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ashjh3.png][/URL]
If you don't believe me (which I would understand), ask thedudemister at Serebii Forums, that is, if you have an account there.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

mays hat looks weird.
maxs head is to big lol.
brocks hair looks to big, and to spiky.
ashs hat is to big.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, I know there are quirks, thats why I've been showing them to the dude mister to make them better, May used to be way to tall, Max is an extreme edit of a schoolboy, and I borrowed Byron's hair for Brock

Theres something new, Top left to bottom right: Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Professor Oak, Professor Birch, Professor Elm, Professor Rowan, Reggie, Reporter, Scott, Norman, Johanna, Lola, Flint, Flint (Disguise), Forest, Daisy, Violet, & Lily. Daisy, Violet, & Lily may be in the wrong order.

Last edited:
Years
Yes, but technically, they aren't, there is a difference, they've been resized, re-shaded into a more DPP style, & recolored to match there platinum sprites, and there body parts have been moved around, ... Yes they belong to Pokeani, (not Pokesho, whatever that is,) but I thought that they still counted, if edit aren't allowed, oops, I'll leave them on my computer for ... a, ... stuff. Oh and these are 100% mine,.

That really doesn't matter, someone else made it and even if you rezise them and reshade the sprite it does not mean you created it.
It's an edit of someone else's sprite.
Before you post those sprites on a community you should ask permission of the owner.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
OK got it, I had to create it ... Re-Size + Re-Shade + Re-Color = Edit = Not Mine, got it. But what about when people post Revamps?

Atomic Reactor

as long as you give credit to whos sprite it originally was, then you should be alright. still better to get permission though.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
So if I say Pokeani made the original, thats OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back