• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Years
OH MY GOD YOU made mario pokemon sprites... *falls down and dies, but doesnt notice she is already in heaven* I LOVE MARIO! :D

uno problemo though. Big boo is suposed to be, king boo, so change the name and give him a king hat. I might be wrong though. i dunno. MAKE BOWSER! :D or waluigi, i like those 2.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
The Gengar shading I thought was actually pretty close to Big Boo's, as I actually edited it for the most part. Although perhaps it could just be Gengar's palette that might be screwing something up. It is suppose to be Big Boo, I double checked. They aren't he ones with the crown. King Boo does exist, just not in this Mario game. I will get to Bowser eventually, but not till later probably. Waluigi I'm probably not going to mess with as he isn't in Super Mario World, and I'm not a fan of him myself.

So I have some more dudes and stuff as you can see. For the switch palace blocks I'm not sure which to do. I needed 4 pokeball types, but the 4th I can't decide on. Both Premier and Safari are OK, but they aren't like the others. I might just leave it up to the ROM hacker's choice.

DisplaySheet-1.png

I also have made the sprite for one of the two winners of the raffle. Only six people entered =P. This one requested a Torkoal evolution that as spikes and a scorpion tail. However after showing him the first one, he asked that I remove the spikes along the side. So I have both versions to show off, I hope the winner of them enjoys them. I will get onto the second winner's request as soon as possible.

TorkoalEvo.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2009
Haha, those Pokemon you based off of SMW sprites look pretty neat! I especially like how you managed to come up with Gengar by basing it off of a Big Boo. ;)

Oh, and the Torkoal evolved form looks quite cool, as well - I like it how there are several mini-volcanos on his shell.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Continuing to make more dudes. Bunch of new stuff. Switch palace blocks I am unsure on which I want to use. I know Great, Ultra, and Master are ones I'm going to do, but I can't pick a 4th. Also have an issue with figuring out those fireballs with eyes, the ones that jump out of lava or just fly around. Magamar is the closest thing to a guy made of afire, although no where near the shape, and makes no sense why he would fly. Mantyke fits a lot better, but less sense to jump out of lava, and doesn't have the appearance of something that you can't kill. I may come up with a 3rd or better pokemon for the job. Slugma perhaps.

DisplaySheet-2.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Wohoo, new Splice =D. Ninetails is kind of me messing around, just mixing around parts on Ninetails and making it look a bit fierce. Again not many requests, only thee of them were. I have Grumpig+Gorebyss, Vulpix+Umbreon, and Walreigh+Doduo+etc all being recorded when I made them, I'll get that uploaded soon probably. Not going to both posting a link this time, just check through my youtube profile to find it.

The bottom five were made for a special competition I entered. I had to make Pokemon related sprites that matched the 5 categories of contests: Beauty, Cool, Tough, Cute, and Smart. It's being run by a guy named Arkeis, a person I consider to be one of the best splicers. I'm a bit nervous about it actually, I hope I do well and get noticed by the guy in some way.

SpliceSheet47.png

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Wohoo, new Splice =D. Ninetails is kind of me messing around, just mixing around parts on Ninetails and making it look a bit fierce. Again not many requests, only thee of them were. I have Grumpig+Gorebyss, Vulpix+Umbreon, and Walreigh+Doduo+etc all being recorded when I made them, I'll get that uploaded soon probably. Not going to both posting a link this time, just check through my youtube profile to find it.

The bottom five were made for a special competition I entered. I had to make Pokemon related sprites that matched the 5 categories of contests: Beauty, Cool, Tough, Cute, and Smart. It's being run by a guy named Arkeis, a person I consider to be one of the best splicers. I'm a bit nervous about it actually, I hope I do well and get noticed by the guy in some way.

SpliceSheet47.png
omg,
the bellossom, suddowoodo,surskit,andfrosslass one is too cute!

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok I finished up some more Fakemon. Sheet 3 is now editted/fixed up. Changes to the Pokedex are being done though, so some Fakemon will be either dropped or added from this point on.

3rdgenFakemonSheet3.png

Cherrius and Bloomboom are Grass/Steel. Nothing too different besides the spikes added to the last form.

The second two will be steel. I have to refigure their names since I don't like the last I made for them. I have also cut it's final form, so it's only a double evolution now.

Tips and Stalbits are Rock/Ground. Pretty different final Evolution now. Might be given levitate, I'm not sure.

Oh and other news I decided to do an art trade. Someone wanted me to sprite his fakemon he drew, and in return I hope to get myself a drawing of one of my Fakemon. Here is the Fakemon that a guy by the name of Raelen Solo created and I sprited.

RelicanthEvo.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok everyone. I've made some progress with the Super Mario World sprites. I've actually begun working on the Mario sprites themselves. Little Mario is in the process of being turned to Pikachu. Good chunk have been done, shouldn't be too many more to go I hope. I though didn't make them in paint, but I am now instead working with in YY-CHR, the program necessary to edit the sprites in Mario World. So to showcase them, I have uploaded a quick video to allow you all to get a glimpse at what I've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfHz0o1j40

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well did some more Fakemon. Not a full sheet yet, but I figured to show off what I have. The Khangaskhan sprite is of course not my doing, but I might consider respriting all Pokemon for the region, including existing ones for my region. C+C and what not highly welcomed.

3rdGenFakemonSheet4.png

Kanghun is the baby form of Kangaskhan. Normal type with a gender split evolution.

Battillahun is the male form of a Kangaskhan. Still normal. More emphasis on slashing based attack instead of the pounding type of attacks Kangaskhan uses. I am again unsure if I want to have the pipe or not.

-------------------

Also just to let people know, my front page is now more well organized.

Lastly I will let you all know about a project I plan in the future. To go along with my video tutorials, I think I will also do a little something where I take flawed sprites and fix them, to basically show some common problems and how to fix them. Instead of making the bad sprites on my own, I figured I could just use other peoples. Basically it would be like a video critique of other peoples sprites, with shown methods of how to fix. This means I will need volunteers willing to let me use their sprites, knowing full well I will be critiquing it in front of others, perhaps with a little extra mockery for the sake comedy =P

I don't plan to start this necessarily soon, as I want to do it later when I finally bother to buy myself a mic that isn't built into my laptop and adds an annoying buzzing noise to my videos. So feel free to start PM'ing me any sprites of yours you might like me to do. I won't accept everything, only stuff I know I can fix, and usually not too many that all have the same problem. I will happily give anyone who does credit in the video, or I can keep you anonymous if you so wish. Again, I don't know when I'll start this, but don't expect it like next week =P

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Being bored in a class today, I did some spritings. Decided to randomly sprite a good friend's RP character, Red Ryu. A little fox guy with wind power essentially. Did a bunch at school, final touches at home when I was able to talk to him about some details. I attempted to do him in Disgaea style.

RYUDISGAEA.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, seems my little Ryu sprite was for the most part just a glorified bump. I guess I got like two responses to it, but both being two word responses doesn't really make them feel so substantial. Perhaps something a little more popular than a friend's RP character. I decided I'd just take some requests from some real life friends of mine. Now I won't lie, I did enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh at one time. Well a good friend of mine happens to enjoy the said game still, and requested I do a specific monster. He was smart and picked a monster that back then I liked, and still to this day have a respect for. He is called the Summoned Skull if you don't know or can't tell. I first wanted to do this guy in the M&L3 style, but I can say that I really was just doing my own thing at some point, so I kind of gave up on the goal.

summonedskull.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
First order of business, the thing on the top left is the thing I made for the 2nd winner of my raffle. He requested I do something known as Genesic GaoGaiGar. I didn't know what it was, but google helped out with my understanding of what it looked like.

A couple of requests as usual on here too. Last three are ones I came up with. The sheet in general does seem small, but I didn't get much requests, which is fine.

SpliceSheet48.png

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Alright, I'm going to be short and blunt. Let's go newest to oldest.

Your splices are amazing no doubt about it.

Your new Fakemon are fantastic, right down to the shading. (Except for the thing with shields on its arms...my first thought was "Gumby WTF?"

These are the old fakemon I really had some problems with. The tornadoes were just...ugh, must I go into detail? And dear GOD what was that thing that evolved from the torch?

Back