• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite DS Pokémon game (excluding spinoffs)

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what is your favorite Pokémon DS game... this is for the mainline games only!!! spinoffs excluded...

my favorite is Pokémon Black... not just because of Reshiram but it is the most fun to play...

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I would have to say Soul Silver, with Black coming in a close second.

Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever played (without having to borrow from my neighbour and not being allowed to save) so Soul Silver was very nostalgic for me.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure if I liked Black so much because of the game (when I got the game off pre-order it took me less than a day to beat the Elite 4 the first time around, I don't think I took any real breaks) or because I got a plush Pikachu free with it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Black/White and Black 2/White 2. I had fun using the Pokémon found within them. The storylines for both are interesting for me, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think all the main DS games except for Diamond and Pearl are great really. I'm going to go with Black/White 2 though since I like the bigger variety in wild Pokemon compared to BW and they're fun games to play. I like that it has a bit of challenge to it. I found it harder than previous main games, so it's nice to play a game that keeps on my level the way it does.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say Heart Gold, the game mechanic are awesome. the Pokemon, bag, options etc. being on the bottom screen is awesome. Don't have to press X and whatsoever xD

Years
I would have to say that HeartGold is my favorite of the DS games so far (haven't gotten around to starting White 2 yet). I just loved how well the remake was done, and features like the Battle Frontier and the Pokeathlon kept me coming back to play, even when I had gotten bored with the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Definitely SoulSilver for me, with Black 2 coming in a close second. I just love everything about HGSS, and Black 2 is a definite improvement on Black imo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
B/W. I think B2/W2 are technically superior but there's so many personal memories tied up in B/W that I can't help but have those as my favorites.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Probably Black 2. I love how it took the revolutions from Black and White, but added many of the Pokemon from past generations. A great story and huge map also. It's a lot of fun.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Heart Gold. Of course I haven't played any of the BW/BW2 games yet, so I guess this might be premature. Although HG was really good and nostalgic, so Unova's going to have to be pretty darn awesome to surpass it.

Years
B/W. I think B2/W2 are technically superior but there's so many personal memories tied up in B/W that I can't help but have those as my favorites.

Same as Toujie here. I also loved Black and White's story.

They will always be my fave DS Pokemon game.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I don't play those spinoff Pokemon games, so I couldn't really say. But as for the traditional RPG Pokemon games. I'll say mah favorite is HGSS. Then Black/White 2 comes in second. All Pokemon games are fun, but those two just stick out a bit more.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Heart Gold, I love the menu pages, the scenery and simply because I love Johto the most. Its the Pokemon game that I play it all the time, have the most hours clocked into it, the most level 100s and of course, the most shinies.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Black 2 and Soul Silver. I'm actually finding it difficult to figure out which one I like more. If anything right now I would have to say Soul Silver since I have played it longer but that might change as I have Black 2 for longer, y'know.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
Heart Gold is my favorite mainly because I don't think there will be a region that tops Johto and the fact that it was the first game since yellow that your Pokemon could follow you.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
My favorite so far has to be a tie between Soul Silver and White 2. There are just so many things to do @_@

Back