• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
How to play random matches? pkmn white 2

After searching Google for hours, I haven't figured this out, and I am pretty frustrated.

I have two gym leader badges, and the global terminal unlocked for me, but the only option I have is "Global Trade", I don't see any other option. From reading multiple sources, including ign's guide, it is clear that after I beat the first gym leader, I should have access to online random battles as well as the trading function. But, ugh, I only see the global trade feature.

Do I have to do something special?

I play Pokemon white 2

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Ok I can't:
EV train
work out IV's
Clone
RNG

Just starting out so not many events.

All I can do is breed for natures and egg moves and catch wild pokemon

Basically i'm looking to find out what pokemon with egg moves and natures people are after these days?

Also out of the DWF what pokemon are the most sought after?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ok I can't:
EV train
work out IV's
Clone
RNG

Just starting out so not many events.

All I can do is breed for natures and egg moves and catch wild pokemon

Basically i'm looking to find out what pokemon with egg moves and natures people are after these days?

Also out of the DWF what pokemon are the most sought after?

I recommend looking on Smogon, people like to use the Pokémon with sets on there.

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
Years
Legendaries? (Black 2/White 2)

So I got Black 2 yesterday (yipee!) and I'm wondering what order you battle the Unova legendaries in, and where they are located. TIA :)

Also, I'm just heading out of Mistralton City.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
You first battle kyurem but you wont be able to catch it. Before the elite 4 you can catch first cobalion, then virizion, and finally terakion. After you beat the elite 4 you battle n in his castle and you are supposed to battle his reshiram. After you defeat n you go to Iccurus city and go to the top of the tower with the light stone and he will (Reshiram) appear. Also you can catch uxie, azelf, and mespirit. First you go to a cave then the 3 legendaries will split up. You can catch mespirit high atop of the tower in mistrilton city. You catch uxie infront of the fossil mueseum in nacrene city. You also can catch azelf neer a rock in victory road. You can catch kyurem outside of the water gym. You can catch Latios if your playing black 2. You catch Latias if your playing White 2. To catch these 2 legendaries you have to chase the in the dreamyard then you can meet them at a side of a ledge. I hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Legendaries? (Black 2/White 2)

I just want to know if "lugia" is a "legendary bird" ... Some people say she is not a bird ..but in the game she appears next to ho-oh (a bird)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just want to know if "lugia" is a "legendary bird" ... Some people say she is not a bird ..but in the game she appears next to ho-oh (a bird)

According to Bulbapedia it's a legendary beast and is a master of the legendary birds, but other places say it's a legendary bird. However, I'd be more inclined to say Lugia isn't given the legendary birds were a specific trio grouping. Anyway, this thread is only for questions related to the Black 2 and White 2 games - you're better off bringing this up for discussion in Pokemon General's DCC so people can discuss/debate it n_n

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Does anyone have a surfing Pikachu for the Video game? I am just wondering

You cannot get a Surfing Pikachu in Gen 5 I believe. HMs are locked out of transfer, so HG/SS Surfing and Flying Pikachus cannot be transferred over. I don't believe that there has been a Surfing Pikachu event for B/W either so without external devices you cannot get a Surfing Pikachu in B/W/B2/W2.

Bulbapedia said:
Like Pal Park, Pokémon sent over cannot be returned to any Generation IV game. Pokémon are not allowed to have held items, or know any HM moves. Any Pokémon can be transferred over, except the Spiky-eared Pichu and Eggs. Attempting to transfer the Spiky-eared Pichu will yield the message "Oh! This Pichu needs to stay where it is. It appears to have traveled through time. It has been affected by traveling so far through time with Celebi. It'll be risky to transfer it, so it's best for Pichu to stay where it is."

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I have a question related to the Gamestop event that comes out today.
1. Is this available for all 5th gen games?
2. As it comes in at lv 50, do you have to reach a certain amount of progress to get it? (I'm currently at the seventh gym on my Black 2 version)
3. Will this event have a specific nature or could it be nature-farmed?
4.Whats the best nature for Meloeeta to have, Offensive.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a question related to the Gamestop event that comes out today.
1. Is this available for all 5th gen games?
2. As it comes in at lv 50, do you have to reach a certain amount of progress to get it? (I'm currently at the seventh gym on my Black 2 version)
3. Will this event have a specific nature or could it be nature-farmed?
4.Whats the best nature for Meloeeta to have, Offensive.

1. Yes
2. No. It can be received at any point in the game.
3. Natures are soft-resettable; in other words, the nature isn't fixed.
4. Timid or Modest if you intend to use its Aria Forme exclusively, or Naive if you intend to use a Relic Song mixed set.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
1. Ok so I just met a male Goldeen in dreamworld and to my surprise it had the abillity Lightningrod? What the...? How is it possible?
2. Is the Meloetta event currently only in America and not in Europe? If it isn't in Europe, does someone know when its going to be in Europe?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
1. Ok so I just met a male Goldeen in dreamworld and to my surprise it had the abillity Lightningrod? What the...? How is it possible?
2. Is the Meloetta event currently only in America and not Europe? If it isn't in Europe, does someone know when its going to be in Europe?

1. The Dream World will provide a Pokemon with an ability that they can only have "in their dreams". Each Pokemon has a select DW Ability that can only be obtained from the Dream World, or some select Pokemon from Hidden Hollows.

2. The Meloetta event starts March 4, so whenever that is for you, that is when the event will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back