• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Bicycle Did You Choose?

Which Bike Did You Choose?

• Total voters

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
As I'm sure many of you know. you had the choice of two different bicycles in R/S/E. Which one did you choose?

Personally, i chose the arco bike, (the one you could bunny hop, wheelie, ect.) Because i realised i could bunny hop and it wouldn't count steps toward my repel, plus i liked how cool it looked.. {XD}

And the mach bike was just too fast. and i liked to take my time, So guys..

Which bike did you choose, and why?

Years
Each one have their pros and cons.

The acro is required to reach certain zones in zafari and to obtain some berries, but the match is for a crush floor in some caves.

The main use i make of the bike when i play games for third generation is for hatching eggs of to find random encounters. With that said, the byke I use more is the match, because its more faster and that mean the egg hatch more soon, and more encounter.

Last edited:

Pokébreeder
Years
The main use i make of the bike when i play games for third generation is for hatching eggs of to find random encounters. With that said, the byke I use more is the match, because its more faster and that mean the egg hatch more soon, and more encounter.

yeah, thats a valid reason to use the mach bike. back when i played advanced games i wasn't a big breeder, i mainly just trained my pokemon & used my good ol' preteen imagination in my secret base, hahahaha.

Sirfetch’d

I chose the mach bike, because I really don't care about bikes and as I only use them for hatching I wanted the faster one.

Years
If I recall correctly, the first bike I went with was the Mach Bike. I tried both of them straight away, but didn't have much interest in the Acro Bike, and just thought the Mach Bike was outstandingly fast. Plus, I quickly found out about the guy on Cycling Road who timed you; that was a big deal for me for about twenty minutes. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Obligatory RydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydelRydel.

Anyway, I chose the Mach Bike first and I always choose it when I go pick up a bike. I mean, if I'm gonna have a bike, it needs to be faster than the Running Shoes and well...there ya go. Trying to go through the Cycling Road with no collisions and a good time was always fun. As a result of doing that so much as a kid, I can do it without even trying now. Maybe I should try it blindfolded. Hmm.

Years
When I first started the game, I went with the Acro Bike, since it was different than any of the bikes in the past that can do tricks. Unfortunately, it isn't much faster than using your running shoes, and since you couldn't even be timed when going down Cycling Road, I switched to the Mach Bike, and never looked back.

Years
I went with the Acro Bike since the Mach Bike always went off at the wrong time and it was why I never wanted to conquer that area with crumbling floors. Also I loved the Pokemon on the Acro Bike side of the Safari Zone anyway.

Wyverneon

No, I am not Eevee Dragon evo
Years
Mach bike, i can travel faster

I only switch to Acro when i hunt some pokemon or berry

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Always Mach Bike. Switch to Acro when needed, but I always go back to Mach because unlike Acro you actually need to travel around the region (I bike instead of flying to raise pokémon in daycare).

Pokébreeder
Years
maybe i just didn't have the skill to control the mach bike at the time. i felt like i was rushing through the region, and i really enjoyed the palettes on R/S/E

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Mach was always overwhelming. But Arco. Pure badassery.

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
I preferred the acro. For nostalgia, and also because that amount of speed is hard to control. Maybe I just suck at videogames.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Acro Bike, because I prefer reasonable speed of biking, and the ability to hopping when using it gives it extra points for me.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I would always go with the acro bike because I find it way more versatile and easier to control. I only switch to the mach bike when I absolutely have to.

Back