• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Psychic's Nerdy Food Gallery

Years
:D Thank you so much! The banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting were very different from my normal wheelhouse, but I was really happy that I tried something new, and they were delicious!

I'm so glad you think so, thank you! I'm a really detail-oriented person, so I really like to get the little things, and it's awesome when people notice!

Retirement%20Cake_zpshvxgx8sw.jpg

Retirement%20Cake%20sliced_zpsyjw9szvw.jpg

My most recent cake is actually just for my portfolio, and wasn't really made for anyone in particular. XD I've never made a retirement cake before, and I got some help in figuring out a design. My partner took really lovely photos of the cake - I love how you can see the shadows of the toy lawn chairs on the cake, it makes it look so life-like!

~Psychic

This looks very professional! At work they used to just do a straight strip of a color (like a beach blanket) and put a little cocktail umbrella beside it. ((and also an itty bitty coke bottle, but I have no idea where they find those)))
411cnAwWGqL._SX300_.jpg

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Wish I could live next door to you so I can see your cupcakes and make a birthday cake for me :<
Well thank you, haha!

This looks very professional! At work they used to just do a straight strip of a color (like a beach blanket) and put a little cocktail umbrella beside it. ((and also an itty bitty coke bottle, but I have no idea where they find those)))
I thought about getting one of those little cocktail umbrellas, but the lawn chairs I used are pretty big, so I think the umbrella would have looked too small next to them. (Also, I wasn't sure where to find them on such short notice!) A fondant beach blanket could have also been cool (if I had fondant), but I don't think there was room for one on this cake! I probably could have used smaller chairs, haha.

afo8crV.jpg

Finally, my first Digimon! My latest creation is a Frigimon made of white chocolate!

I changed up my method and didn't stick him in the fridge between coats, and as a result the chocolate lifted off the paper in some spots, so the next layer seeped in underneath the previous one. That's why the black outline disappeared under the blue in some places, and I redrew it in some spots. Still quite content with the result!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
i like your stuff
especially the pokemon ones and the halloween pikachu haha

my boyfriend also does this but i do not think he has ever done pokemon cakes and such
keep up the good work!​

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Long time no post!

i like your stuff
especially the pokemon ones and the halloween pikachu haha

my boyfriend also does this but i do not think he has ever done pokemon cakes and such
keep up the good work!​
Please excuse my super late reply, but thank you so much! I especially love the Pokemon ones, too - it's fun having any excuse to make Pokemon desserts! The Pikachu pumpkin was also super fun!

Cool! It's fun to try different stuff with cake decorating. If your boyfriend ever makes Pokemon cakes I'd love to see them.

Thanks again!

Wow. I thought I could bake.
Haha, I'm sure if you hone your skills and practice you can do the same kind of stuff as me!

I recently took a Wilton cake decorating class, and I got some new tools as well as picked up a few new techniques!

v3H4zHR.jpg

I made cupcakes for my friend Peter's birthday again! I created an icing swirl with his favourite colours, and wrote out his name using melted chocolate in a home-made piping bag. Simple but elegant!

U4KNnLm.jpg

A cake I made for yesterday! I've never really been interested in learning how to make edible flowers, but knowing how to make roses came in handy for this Mothers' Day cake! I also wound up combining pink, white and purple icing, and some of the flowers that came out look really lovely.

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Those are really beautiful cakes and the designs are amazing. Dude you are an artist. Look these up if you want similar designs for cakes for your party.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Those are really beautiful cakes and the designs are amazing. Dude you are an artist. Look these up if you want similar designs for cakes for your party.
Thanks a lot! It's always fun to check out other cakes, though I'm more into novelty desserts, haha.

Next is my first Pokémon Go-themed dessert!

j4t3fqF.jpg

I made this for my brother's birthday! He's on Team Valor (since his favourite colour is red), so I stuck with a red and chocolate theme! The Valor emblem and Pokéball are made entirely out of chocolate!

I messed up by sticking Moltres in the fridge, which shocked the chocolate and made it lift off the paper. I knew I'd have another Frigimon situation on my hands, so I saved it as best as I could (it broke in a few spots, but I covered the cracks, hehe). I think I did a good job!

I'm still happy with how it came out, and my bro got a kick out of it! Now I want to do the emblems for all three teams.

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
n2GzDVj.png

I finally tried out my 3D-printed Substitute doll cookie cutter! I received it during a Pokémon merchandise swap on pkmncollectors, where I had requested something I could use to make fun Pokémon treats. :>

It's my first time posting cookies here, and of course they're Pokémon! I have only made sugar cookies a couple times before, but it was my first time decorating and using royal icing! The cutter worked really well (one subby lost a leg, but I glued it back on with icing)! I'm really happy with how they came out!

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
Really enjoyed looking through your Poké Bakes! Do you find it hard to eat your creations or does the nom take over?

I think you may have inspired a new hobby for me!

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Wow these are great. Have you consideredlaw school? baking me a cake?
Thanks so much! If baked goods could be sent through the internet, I would be sending off a lot of food, haha.

Really enjoyed looking through your Poké Bakes! Do you find it hard to eat your creations or does the nom take over?

I think you may have inspired a new hobby for me!
Thanks so much! Honestly, it can be really hard sometimes to eat my creations - I just want to save them and keep staring at them! I have also had occasions where I made a dessert for someone (usually chocolate) and they put off eating it for months so as not to "ruin" it! It's flattering, but it also goes against the whole reason I bake to begin with!

If you do wing up baking stuff, be sure to post it and link me to it! :D

My latest creation is "candy bombs" based on Candy from Pokémon GO! It was my first time doing anything like this, and I'm really happy with the results!

WGsIjDO.png

I made white chocolate Bulbasaur Candy, Charmander Candy, Squirtle Candy, and Pikachu Candy. They're hollow and are filled with Mini M&Ms and little print-out images of the given Pokémon. I based my recipe off of My Cupcake Addiction's Candy Pokeball tutorial.

Pokemon%20Go%20Bulbasaur%20Candy_zpsttuam92o.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Charmander%20Candy_zpsuxfray7q.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Squirtle%20Candy_zpsmoelvyce.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Pikachu%20Candy_zpspsapxpll.jpg

I used a half-sphere mold to make the candies using melted white chocolate in different colours, and when they hardened enough I was able to remove them from the molds and combine two half-spheres into full spheres. I put more melted chocolate into Zilpock baggies, cut off a corner, and used that as a piping bag to add the stripes.

It was overall a really time-intensive process, and next time I would use a food-safe pastry brush to make the stripes instead. I'm still really happy with the result! I'll have to upload a video of one of the Candies being broken sometime, haha.

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
That's pretty cute! I know it would be even more time intensive, but you could always alternate the melted chocolate in the molds to get the striped look and keep it solid. Obviously you'd have to wait for each layer to harden, but if you using the melted chocolate chips I think you are then it should just be a quick pop in the freezer for each layer.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
That's pretty cute! I know it would be even more time intensive, but you could always alternate the melted chocolate in the molds to get the striped look and keep it solid. Obviously you'd have to wait for each layer to harden, but if you using the melted chocolate chips I think you are then it should just be a quick pop in the freezer for each layer.
Thanks so much! That method actually wouldn't be too time-intensive (like you said, the part that would take the most time would be waiting for each layer to set in the fridge). The only downside to me is that if I did it that way then I wouldn't be able to make them hollow and fill them with candy (and I think it would cost more in the long run since the chocolates are more expensive than Mini M&Ms). It would probably wind up being less effort in the end, though. I may actually try this method out in the future, thank you for suggesting it!

wybazcL.jpg

Here's my second medical school-themed dessert: a stethoscope cake! This is for the same friend I made the medical cupcakes for last year, so I wanted to try something a little different.

I used the icing transfer method to make the stethoscope, and I quite like how it came out. I haven't used that method in a little while, having instead been opting for making cake toppers out of chocolate instead of buttercream.

I think the cake looks fairly professional in the end, and my friend loved it! :D

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
9CIBx5J.jpg

My newest creation is candy Gastly for Halloween! I had so much fun making my Pokemon GO candy that I wanted to see what else I could do with the concept, and I was excited when I realized I could make some edible ghost Pokemon for the holiday season!

The Gastly bodies are made of chocolate, with white chocolate eyes and mouths. Their gassy haze is freshly-bought cotton candy spun earlier today.

I'm really proud of the concept and how they turned out!

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
I should not have come here. Your stuff looks super tasty. Now im hungry -_-

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
I didn't realize I've had this thread for over a year now - whoo! To celebrate, I updated the first post to include all of the desserts I have posted here up until now, nicely categorized into different sections. Each section is in chronological order, with the oldest desserts being at the top of each section. It's awesome being able to see how much I've improved over time!

Wow! You're so creative with pokemon desserts! They look so good an yummy! x3
Thanks so much! I really have done a lot of Pokemon desserts recently, haha. And I have even more ideas, too...

I should not have come here. Your stuff looks super tasty. Now im hungry -_-
Thanks so much! I definitely don't advocate looking through this stuff on am empty stomach, but you should totally make some desserts yourself and post them, too!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Beautiful and yummy. Looks like some time was put in. Not bad at all :D
Thanks so much! I definitely put a lot of time and effort into each of my desserts (especially since I know I'll be posting them online for the world to judge, haha). Glad you like them!

NAOAJwJ.jpg

Next up, I couldn't resist making another Pokemon Halloween treat: zombie Pikachu cakes!

Using a silicone Pikachu mold from Japan, I dyed my cake batter green and to get this gnarly result! I then made pink buttercream icing, put it in a makeshift piping bag and made the squiggly brains. Then I added some red food gel to add the gore, and viola!

When I first used this mold, the cakes that came out had a very hole-y surface, and my partner mentioned that they looked kind of like zombies with chunks of missing flesh and deep, empty eyes. That idea really stuck with me, so I was happy to get a chance to make zombie Pikas! I didn't have to do anything to these cakes - they came out looking this way! If I used a heavier cake batter they might look more normal, haha.

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
These are great!! I'd suggest maybe adding in some icing on the features for the eyes and cheeks, even if you used a different or muted color than the red. They look very good, but it's a little hard to see it the shape of the features because of the holey texture.

Back