• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
A couple of the students started leaving already. They seemed to be in just as big of a hurry to get out of the swamp as quick as possible. Mark planned to get washed, and start exploring up in the mountains for a 6th Pokemon. A ground type Pokemon more preferably... or a fire type. That would also work. He looked over to Daniel for a moment and wondered to himself why he hadn't caught any other pokemon yet... well... Len and Alexis were becoming good friends already so he figured he may as well make it so they can meet up more often by becoming better friends with Daniel.

"Hey Daniel, if you aren't busy later on, want to head up to the mountains with me? I'm going up there to catch a Pokemon after I clean up." Mark asked.

Snype nodded toward Thyme.

"Kehe, sure! I may have to use Mark's sink myself to get this stuff out of my fur as well. I could go for a hot bath myself." Snype replied.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Jason Tyreal Wolf

"Thank goodness my class is done." Jason mumbled as the students left.

How had he even gotten this job. Sure he was great at helping people improve one little thing at a time, but that required specific attention. Maybe this class wasn't a good idea. out of no where Jason saw a paper slid under the door. He picked it up and read it to himself.

'Mr. Wolf,

We have decided based on certain factors your class will be replaced with an afterschool club to allow for students to better prep themselves for training and to allow you to better meet their needs.'

Jason was rather happy with the change. As a club he'd definantly be able to do more different things. No curiculum to follow. Just focusing on each students' needs.

Years
Jack Jacobs

As Jack sat there surrounded by the chatter of students through the noise he heard a sigh and to his surprise it was his own pokemon. Blade didn't look satisfied with the conditions of things at all, he hadn't battled since leaving the island and now was just standing wasting away is time as potential opponents passed by him very second. Realising that Jack sighed as well he wanted to battle, he wanted to prove he's still as good and he wanted to clear away the anxiety both he and his pokemon were feeling. "Come on" Jack said as he got and slowly began to walk around Blade responded with a simple nod but a slight smile was now on his face as he knew what was soon to come, a battle.

Jack pulled out his poketech producing a map of the island and scanned through the areas keenly after his failed attempts at finding a trainer to battle, not as if he could simply shout it out loud he wanted to fight. He just came back and wanted to stay under any radar so he decided against that "Swamp lands or the Icy Plains?" Blade gave a uninterested look wild pokemon would never really put up as good a fight and Blade knew that all too well his desire to fight wouldn't be truly fulfilled against a wild pokemon. Once again the scizor was sighing and Jack realised his pokemon was unhappy. Suddenly Blade rose up his claw and pointed up to the air using his swift attack to shoot out stars which definitely had people looking around. Jack was receiving some nervous stairs and stood there face in his hand a little embarrassed over the whole situation. Blade wasn't done though and he let out a loud cry that would alert any pokemon and any skilled trainer that he was in need of a battle.

Awkward moment achieved and possibility of staying under the radar gone, Jack wondered what would happen next.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia had been laying peacefully in the grass when suddenly a cry sounded in the air. It sounded like a Scizor. Lucia looked up and blinked, Roberto was just standing there not paying attention to the cry, Samuel was a different story.

The Absol jumped up with a cry and began to push at Lucia.

"What is it Samuel?"

The Absol pointed his head forward eagerly. "Is it a challenge?"

The Absol nodded his head and looked eager to get off.

Lucia chuckled and got up, "Well we came here to learn about battling, so let's get into our first battle!"

The Absol nodded and dashed off. Lucia ran after him with Tyro following beside her and Roberto right behind her.

It took some time but the three eventually caught up to Samuel who was already standing before a tough looking Scizor. The Scizor's trainer stood right there and Lucia walked up with her hand stretched out, "Greetings. My name is Lucia Francisco Bernavard. It seems Samuel has heard your Scizor's challenge and wants to battle him."

Tyro eagerly punched a fist in the air, "Hey I want to battle too!"

Lucia giggled, "It seems Tyro wants to battle as well. Shall we do a two on two?"

Roberto simply stood behind Lucia, eyes locked onto the Scizor and his trainer, waiting for them to make a move against Lucia.

Years
Jack Jacobs

Jack stood there surprised as it seemed that Blades plan had actually worked out when he saw another suicune dorm trainer approach him ready to battle. Blade clenched his claw it was time for a battle exactly want he had wanted form the star.

"Jack Jacobs" he responded nervously to the girls greeting as he stretched his hand out and shuck her hand firmly but not too hard. Blade was done with the pleasantries and was already a battlefield distance away from the girl signalling to Jack his readiness. "No problem with two on two" any battle was better than none and Jack was keen on winning his first battle back "Guess he's ready so lets start" Jack walked over to Blades position and stood prepared and serious looking over this Lucia girls pokemon. (A fire type, dark type and steel type) Jack analysed the situation, Blade was anxious but the sight of that Combusken meant Jack couldn't rush in with him.

"Go Giga!" Jack threw one of the pokeballs clipped to his wait and released the Druddigon who let out a large roar as he stepped on the field "Don't worry Jack no matter who the opponent i'm gonna win" Giga looked at Jack and gave him an assured nod in. A rush was going through Jacks body yes it was the feeling of battle again.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
As the students were starting to leave the swamp, Oscar was planning on doing the same. The class had found the volunteer and luckily, they didn't have to do anything else and were allowed to leave. Looking over his Pokémon and himself, he realized that he and Flora would have to get washed later, but since Meden and Arya hadn't touched the swamp water at all, he promptly returned them to their Pokéballs.

Oscar took a moment to think on what to do next. Training perhaps? After all, it had been a while since his last battle. And battling was a good way to train. So he looked around for anyone close by. His gaze stayed at Daniel, and he went over to him.

''Hey Daniel, I was just wondering, would you like to...battle maybe? My Pokémon need a bit of training so...'' Oscar asked a bit shyly while scratching the back of his head. He found it a bit awkward to ask for a battle, so he simply averted his gaze down to the ground while waiting for a response.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
As the group made it out of the swamp, Daniel breathed out a deep, held-back lungful of air in a content sigh. He had wanted an adventure, and he had been used to trekking through various landscapes, but a swamp was now one of his least favourite places to go. Alexis shook her dirtied parts a little, wrinkling her nose, which probably meant she thought the same.

As he was readying to head back to the academy, figuring that no one would really miss him if he did, Mark approached him. "Hey Daniel, if you aren't busy later on, want to head up to the mountains with me? I'm going up there to catch a Pokemon after I clean up."
This caused Daniel to blink a few times, turning to face him, Alexis peering curiously up at Mark and then over to Snype and Thyme, smiling to herself before diverting her gaze. "Oh, uhm… I…" he hadn't expected to be approached by any of the other kids. He figured he had made an idiot of himself back in the swamp, but smiled and nodded his head firmly.

"Sure! I'd love to, Mark! Should we m-" he cut himself off as Oscar went over to him as well, looking a little surprised at both of the boys actually seemed to want to hang out with him. ''Hey Daniel, I was just wondering, would you like to...battle maybe? My Pokémon need a bit of training so...'' he murmured out, causing Alexis to perk a little up, peering up at Oscar and then over at Flora, waving her paw a little with a smile.

"Oh… uhm…" he actually hadn't had a battle in… well, about a week now. He had been so psyched to start at the academy that he'd just been training with Alexis on their own, back home in Vermillion. But Oscar seemed like a really nice guy, and he figured that they'd have to battle sooner or later.
"Well, erh… Mark actually asked me if I wanted to go to the mountains with him to help him catch a Pokémon for his team… but…" he paused, glancing between the two before smiling. "Hey, what if we… go wash up- I kind of need a bath after… well, being swallowed whole- and then meet up for a duel? Mark can come look, or we can meet somewhere afterwards and head off to the mountains after the battle? Do you… uh, think that's alright, Mark? I do really wanna come with you!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"hmmm... what now... Blade you got any ideas?" Jason asked having been taking a walk with his scyther.

"Scyri Scytheroti" 'Nope. Never do til the last second.' Blade chuckled.

"yeah yeah... I think Tempest wants out, so lets hit the beach." Jason shrugged after noticing his Gyrados' pokeball shaking.

Jason headed back over to the teacher's building and headed into his room. He changed into some swin trunks, and grabbed a couple of things for the beach, including his fishing rod.

"Alright Blade lets move." Jason said heading out the door.

Blade walked out slowly behind him then jetted off towards the water.

"Oh so that's how your gonna play. TEMPEST!" Jason shouted.

He threw his pokeball into the air and out burst the giant water type. Jason climbed up onto his back and off they flew like torpedo. Jason stood steady like a surfer on his board.

"Come on Tempest lets show Blade what you can do!" Jason yelled.

"GYARRRAAAAAA" Tempest roared.

And they gained another burst of speed.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia went to stand a fair distance from Jack and Giga. "A pleasure to meet you Jack Jacobs, but I'm afraid that Samuel will show you how much he means business. Samuel has been trained since his second year of birth in the Bernavard way of battling. He has beaten down numerous opponents and has shown his dedication to the Bernavard family through thick and thin. Samuel are you ready?"

The Absol smirked as he stared down his opponent. "I'm always ready for a challenge. Make sure you put up a good fight before you fall Giga."

Tyro pumped up a fist, "Show that dragon what you got Sammy!"

Samuel just rolled his eyes at the Combusken's comment as his body tensed up, ready to attack.

Lucia smiled, "Well as they say, ladies first. Samuel start off with Shadow Ball!"

Samuel opened his mouth and spat out a black ball that flew straight at Giga.

"Samuel, defense mechanic one!" Lucia shouted out as soon as Samuel had fired off his attack. Samuel's body tensed up as he prepared himself to use Protect as soon as Giga unleashed his attack. Lucia smirked at Jack. She would be going easy on him now, but once she started using her code words then the battle would truly be going in her favor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Cool, leaves more time for finding you a pokemon." He replied amicably, strolling along beside her with his hands in his pockets. He was regretting putting on the warmer clothing now, but he couldn't have had any way of knowing Manda was going to leave off going to the icy plains in favor of heading to the abandoned dorm. Could it really be as dangerous as his dad had suggested?

"So which one are you going for? Abra or Drowzee? I guess you could try for both, but it's probably best not to stay in the dorm too long for any one time. Those ghosts my pops mentionned might, like, start swarming."​

Nika Valentine

Nika observed keenly as her Paras and Shellmet battled back and forth. Neither pokemon was truly trying to harm the other, or even win, but were simply testing one another. Gauging each others strength for future reference, be it as opponents or partners. Nodding with approval she adjusted her glasses and stepped forward.

"Okay. That's enough."

Her Shellmet immediately stopped its actions while the Paras continued the charge it was halfway through. It slowed down when it realised its opponent had stopped and turned to look at Nika who was staring intently at it.

"Pa... ras...?"
"When I tell you to stop, you stop. Am I understood?"
"...Paras..."
"Good." She smiled. She could be a harsh disciplinarian, but she wasn't heartless. "The two of you can run a lap of the field to cool down, then we'll all go get some food."

As the two pokemon started their cool down Nika recalled her other two pokemon to their pokeballs and gathered up her things, recalling the Shellmet and Paras when they had finished. It was a quick trip to the cafeteria - the hard part was carrying everything.

Getting a table close to the counter helped, but she eventually had no choice but to set the eggs case down to free up her hands. A chicken caeser wrap for herself and four bowls of pokemon food for her pokemon made for a simple lunch, but it was all they needed. Setting the bowls on the floor next to her table she released her team from their pokeballs - a Joltik, a Larvesta, a Shellmet and a Paras - and sat down.

"Chow down everyone. Good work."​

Years
Jack Jacobs

"Hmm" Jack smirked her cockiness made Jack really want to beat her now and Blade had the same notion rushing going through his brain. She amused Jack as she did not appear as the type of girl who would be good at pokemon battles but looks are always deceiving and her attitude showed major confidence maybe too much as the cockiness meter was off the charts. Jack watched as the big black ball of energy flew towards Giga. "Giga use Dragon Rage" Giga fired out his own ball of energy from his mouth which hit the shadow ball head on resulting in an explosion covering the battlefield with smoke making it hard to see through.

A large crowd began to surround the battlefield now as two suicune member battling there one another was always an exiting encounter. Through the smoke and confusion Jack shouted out his next order "Use Scratch!! Giga flew through the smoke flying towards Samuel the Absol claws ready to strike him down.

Last edited:
Years
Atlus Midgard

"Ahhh, that was a meal, wasn't it?" Atlus sighed as he finished his meal. "Nub! Dle! Vee! (yep)", they sighed in unison as they finished. He noticed a blue coated female with an egg(Nika Valentine, but he doesn't know it yet) get a basic lunch for her and four pokemon. When she realeased them, he saw four bug types, which surprised him, to say the least. She must be good to get into Suicune dorm and have only bug types. I better watch it if I battle her.

He waited until they were almost done, and decided to walk up to the girl, nervious, but he didn't have nothing better to do, and he was at a loss to where the Raikou dorm was. He got to the table, and took a deep breath, half for nerviousness, and the other half to see what her pokemon smelled like. He only smelled the smokey aroma of the Larvesta and the earthy humus smell of the Paras, the others unnoticeable by the two overwhelming odors. "Hello, my name is Atlus Midgard. I'm new here, so would you be able to point me torward the Raikou dorm." Flan and Snort stood warily behind Atlus, and Munch stood boldly on his shoulder, happy to see other fellow bug types.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia watched as the smoke from the explosion filled the area. Lucia heard Jack's next order and grinned. This would be too easy. Trainers always shouted out their attacks but thanks to the move instructor that had taught Lucia and Samuel all the various ways to name his attacks she would always have a element of surprise. "Samuel, go on with defense mechanic one! Follow up with attack mechanic three!" Lucia shouted into the smoke.

Samuel waited in the smoke and then Giga came into view. Wasting no time Samuel used Protect and a green shield appeared around him, protecting him from the Scratch attack. Following Lucia's orders Samuel took in a deep breath and unleashed a Ice Beam directly at Giga.

Lucia calculated her next attack in her head. She couldn't go with Protect again, the probability of it not working successfully in tandem was pretty high. Instead she would wait for Jack to make the next move before she called out her next attack. All she hoped was that Samuel had caught Giga off guard.

Years
Jack Jacobs

The smock was thinning out but all Jack could hear was Gigas claws clashing against something creating a loud bang still unable to see Jack got a little worried but stayed calm. Through the smoke though Giga came flying through crashing to the ground in obvious pain. Smoke cleared and and the Absol stood strong and unharmed. Giga struggled to get up but stood to his feet, little pieces of ice falling off of him in the process (An ice attack huh) Jack began to think up a strategy (she uses her fancy tactics i'll use real battling experience) "Giga use Leer!". Weaken the Absols defenses and finish it off quickly "And follow up with Dragon Rage go!"

The tactics Lucia was using was high grade apparently she had good training from professionals but how could Jack figure how to stop her Mechanic this and and mechanic that trying to throw off the opponent. It would take incredible focus for Jack to beat her but that's the sort of challenge he wanted. Meanwhile Blade sized up his potential opponents looking at both the combusken and the other scizor the female trainer had by her side.

Gigas eyes glowed a bright red as he stared down the Absol in an attempt to lower its defense stats while still getting ready to fire off his Dragon Rage after.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika set the last portion of her sandwich down on the plate and turned to look up at the boy addressing her. She wasn't in the habit of being interrupted while she ate... at least not anymore. Back at home she'd been forced to suffer constant bullying and antagonism.

An extremely boyish looking girl with black framed rectangular classes and short blonde hair held under a flatcap, she looked extremely serious for her age. Lifting a napkin she dabbed at her mouth before responding to Atlus - her appearance and mannerisms seemed far more in line with a middle aged business man than a teenage female pokemon trainer.

"Didn't you receive a map in your welcome pack?" She asked, neither helpful nor condescending. There was something guarded about her.

The Joltik, fascinated by the new arrivals, clambered up her legs and body up to her head, where it settled itself atop her flatcap and stared at Atlus and his Sewaddle inquisitively.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Samuel looked right into Giga's red eyes and managed to stare for a few seconds before he had to turn his head away from the intimidating sight. Lucia frowned, "Samuel, you are Bernavard! Feel that Bernavard pride! Face your fears head on!"

The Absol gritted his teeth as he forced himself to look back at his foe. The sight still intimidated him but he held his ground... for five more seconds before he had to twist his face away again.

"Sammy! Use the Force!"

The Absol glared at Tyro, "Shut up!"

"Samuel fight it! Use attack mechanic one!" Samuel, however still was trying his best to look away from Giga. Lucia frowned. Samuel was weakened and if the leer was kept up he wouldn't be able to fire off an attack. "Samuel fight it!" Lucia shouted out in vain.

Years
Jack Jacobs

Jack smirked, it was working the Absol was weakening and Lucia seemed a bit in a panic now with her pokemon on the backfoot. Giga was ready to attack and glad he would have had the chance to strike back after being hit by the ice beam earlier.

"Dragon Rage full force!!!" Jack shouted as Gigas eyes returned to normal and he opened his mouth and forms a light blue orb of energy inside of its mouth Giga fired the big ball of energy towards the absol and watched as it tore through the ground heading straight for it. (Good Work) Jack was pleased the attack look like Giga put alot into it and was confident that the under pressure trainer wouldn't be able to handle the pressure to deal with the attack properly.

Blade watched on and shuck his head as he saw the combusken made a stupid comment. "Well he's an idiot" Blade murmured as his focus shifted back to the battle and Gigas powerful attack.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Samuel cried out as the Dragon Force hit into him. He was pushed back and after the attack ended staggered back up. Samuel hadn't forgotten about Lucia's earlier command and flung a Shadow Ball right at Giga.

Lucia smiled, "Samuel is the most battle polished Absol you'll meet. His mind always remembers commands. Now hit that dragon with your Bernavard pride! Attack mechanic three!"

Samuel opened his mouth and aimed right for Giga as he let loose another Ice Beam.

Roberto just sighed as he watched the battle. He turned his eye to the Scizor on the other side of the field and stared for a good few seconds before he looked away back at Lucia.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele,
Academy Grounds
--------------------------------

Maxwell looked at Sapphire as she apologized for her Flareon's behaviour, he flashed her a smile and said:

"There is no need for apologies, Sapph. You should be glad that your Flareon loves you enough to want to protect you from harm! In fact, most of my Pokémon are protective of me. That of course includes this lazy bum here," Maxwell pointed at Slackey, "This food-hungry piglet," he pointed at Wilson who gave off a snort, "And this rebellious hot-head over here!" he then pointed at Quillie who made his flames a bit bigger. Just to show off of course.

The Quilava's mood changed a little bit, now leaning more towards nervous than confident as Duster came up to them.

[Well hello there Duster, fancy meeting you here!] he said happily, although a hint of nervousness was present in his voice. [So I presume that everything has been good with you ladies since I met you last time?] he continued.

[Oh yes, Slackey is fully aware that Sprinkles is a baby. That's why Maxwell won't let him close, that bozo would hug the Eevee so much that his lungs would be severly damaged. At the best. But you can't blame the guy, he just likes babies a lot.] Wilson said as he trotted over, giving a small bow to Leena, Duster and Sprinkles. Quillie looked up at Sprinkles, a little annoyed about the Eevee's behaviour.

[Hey, kid.] he said, [You think that you wanna' have a little more respect around people?]

[Pppffth, says you. I think that YOU are the last person to talk about mannerisms whatsoever Quillie.] Wilson laughed.

[Shut up, Stump-nose.] Quillie growled quietly.

[And my argument just proved itself.] Wilson responded with a cheerful and happy voice. Quillie just grunted and looked back at Sprinkles,

[Besides, how are you going to do that? As Duster said, you're a baby. You have no strenght-capabilities to even harm a Butterfree.] the Quilava smirked a bit as these words left his lips.

"So, off we go then!" Maxwell proclaimed in a cheerful tone, taking a step towards Oak Town. However, he stopped for a while and looked back to see that Bunny-Pokémon looming around. He then smiled and looked at Sapphire, "Unless there's something you'd like to take care of first?"

Years
Jack Jacobs

The Dragon had hit hard pushing back the Absol with the impact but it was not over and Absol had countered again. More pompous talk about her pokemon the same attitude he hated about suicune members but her Absol was quick to return a ice beam attack straight at Giga and it didn't miss. Hit hard by the stream of ice that the absol just released Giga tried to stay on its feet in an attempt to stay strong but the dragon type eventually fell to its knees eyes spinning around Giga was out for the count. "Hmmm, nice try Giga" Jack returned him to his pokeball and without even a word Blade had already stepped unto the battlefield.

"You ready?" Jack asked almost jokingly knowing that of all his pokemon Blade was the most fierce and determined of them all. Blade without even taking an eye of his opponent nodded (Absol was badly hurt from the last attack, you got the upper hand buddy) Blade stared down the wounded absol a bit before even thinking about making a move and Jack had to approach the situation cautiously.

"Ok Blade Metal Claw!!" Blades claws changed color to a metallic silver and then the scizor began to hover a bit off of the ground before rushing towards the absol. His speed was incredible and even Jack was surprised that Blade who hadn't battled in such a long time was still able to move that quickly. And all that speed was heading straight towards absol in a red blur.

Back