• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wow, my queue is very…interesting

droomph

weeb
Years
What types of movies do you tend to watch/like more?

I personally enjoy more comedic or serious documentary types. No horror, please. I just for some reason relate entertainment to laughing and feeling comical. But when I learn, I learn, goddamn it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Stand-up comedy specials and plotless gore, mainly. I don't watch a lot of actual movies unless they're on tv and I'm too lazy to change the channel.

But yeah, I love stand-up comedy because it's guaranteed comedy with no other aspects. There's no elaborate plot, the characters are often just introduced in passing, there's no romance - and if there is, it's a setup for a punchline. Plotless gore is kind of similar in the sense that it doesn't take a lot of attention to follow it, but also because I can stomach some pretty disgusting things.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Comedy and Horror. Comedy mostly if it comes from the Landis generation of films.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't know. I've gone off war films (about the only entire genre I ever professed interest in) since they always seem to focus on tragedy and the personal plight of the lowly infantryman, while my interest is in war itself. Is it wrong to ask that the soldiers simply get on with —perhaps even enjoy— their job? Probably, but I'd certainly like a new W40k film at some point, if the quality of Relic's games is any indication as to how good one would be.

I do like what I've seen of Hayao Miyazaki's productions, at least.

Years
Science fiction, detective stories, superhero stuff, stuff involving fairy tales, thrillers. I like movies that don't necessarily deal with things I might deal with in real life (a.k.a. escapism) and just like to see creative or different things in my movies. But they've got to be intelligent with the plot or dialogue or something. I can't just watch a movie with a bunch of gore or fart jokes, or those out-there artsy films.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Fantasy Dramas, Thriller, Action, Sci-Fi, and Comedy are some of what I enjoy watching most. I like the occasional horror film too, but more so as popcorn entertainment than anything I'd put too much thought into or take as seriously as I would with a film of higher substance or quality.

I'm really into films that take you out of the real world though. Superhero films, movies such as The Hunger Games or Harry Potter for example are some of my favorite types of movies to watch. It just takes you into this whole other world where the impossible becomes possible.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Documentary, drama, and science fiction are my favorites. I don't really enjoy romance, most horror, and nearly all comedy. I like to watch movies that leave an impact on me. The last two sentences of Scarf's post go for me, too. They need to be well constructed, intelligent, and thought provoking for me to enjoy them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm not particularly into war, horror or action films. There are exceptions but, unless something has been particularly critically acclaimed, it's very unlikely that I'll pay good money to see it. Everything else, on the other hand, is pretty much fair game. I love a good comedy, sobering drama, even some fantasy/sci-fi when done well. Foreign films pose no barrier to me, and lots of my favourite films are animated. I'm very eclectic in my cinematic taste. My top ten contains dark comedies, French musicals, black-and-white satires, animated love stories and bleak, existential elegies. A real mixed bag! :D

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Documentaries are fun, but I enjoy a nice, riveting love story that's not too on the romance side but more focused on a ripe mix of the main character's as well as their story, if that makes sense. I feel like a lot of romance movies focus all too much on the physical aspects and role of the characters rather than the story. My favorite genre is probably psychological thriller, as I like being able to follow a near-paradoxical storyline that all ends by being wrapped up in a nice neat little package. Those are always fun.

Last edited:
Years
Sci-fi, Indie, and witty or dark comedies. Big Superhero flicks are cool too. I like the occasional Crime Drama and Suspense/Thriller as well. I've discovered I've also fallen in love with B-Flicks. The worse the movie is...the more I like it. I'm also attached to a few Directors: Kevin Smith, Quinton Terantino, Joss Whedon, and Robert Rodriguez.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I watch a lot of horror and a lot of animated movies. If you look on my Netflix queue, it goes from horror to kids' movies to horror x3 I also like thriller or psychological movies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It all depends whether I can be bothered to watch the film seriously or not. If I'm just in an 'eh, whatever' film then I'll put on a rom-com (usually starring Jennifer Aniston, lmao) or a slasher flick (Saw, Final Destination, etc) and just text or whatever while watching it, gleefully grinning when a character gets blown to bits, or in the case of movies starring Jennifer Aniston, dumped and picked up again and then dumped and then picked up again and married. I love Jennifer, but.. :(

But when I'm in a mood that requires a good film to satisfy me, I'm open to anything - experimental '70s flicks, crappy science fiction films of the '60s, musicals, horror, drama, anything. Just as long as I have been assured that the film at least has some merit and is worth watching.
As long as the film doesn't have Winona Ryder, I'll watch it :)

Back