• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
If it's the real deal, the bird looks great! The bug thing looks rad too.

Years
I do like how the new bird is more colorful than the past gen birds, but Game Freak please give its final evolution some Staraptor-esque stats. There hasn't been any useful regional birds apart from Staraptor you know.

I like the new bug too, about time we had a pink bug that isn't Burmy/Wormadam Trash Cloak.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I do like how the new bird is more colorful than the past gen birds, but Game Freak please give its final evolution some Staraptor-esque stats. There hasn't been any useful regional birds apart from Staraptor you know.

I like the new bug too, about time we had a pink bug that isn't Burmy/Wormadam Trash Cloak.
You forgot about Wurmple (thought it is more of a reddish pink)?
I too hope it'll be more useful, Unova's regional bird was disappointing despite being a three stage bird. Speaking of regionals It'll be nice if Nocowl and Swellow got final forms.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I hope at least they give it some sort of coverage move, like how Staraptor has Close Combat. I'd make it a lot better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You forgot about Wurmple (thought it is more of a reddish pink)?
I too hope it'll be more useful, Unova's regional bird was disappointing despite being a three stage bird. Speaking of regionals It'll be nice if Nocowl and Swellow got final forms.

I think those two are good enough how they are. :( Like many Pokemon that were stopped at generations ago, there's a chance their evolutions could suck and I'm not sure if we really should be risking that tbh. Then again it's up to GF, so w/e lmao.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think those two are good enough how they are. :( Like many Pokemon that were stopped at generations ago, there's a chance their evolutions could suck and I'm not sure if we really should be risking that tbh. Then again it's up to GF, so w/e lmao.
Well I liked all of the past generation evolutions introduced in Sinnoh so I'll likely like these two if they were to do them.
Swellow needs more power, while Nocowl needs more speed and special attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Swellow's strong enough as it is really. Noctowl could use improvement yeah, but Swellow's perfectly good for NU and there's stronger things such as Staraptor suitable for the higher tiers really. Let Swellow die where it is AHAHAHA.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That there son is a fake, a properly made fake, but a fake nonetheless. If its made its rounds on DA, then its probably like the Cactowl one, and that BW starter page with the dolphin and panda. The page is also too clean, the makers of these always use a simple black background instead of a proper CoroCoro style mess, and the O that gets under the beam of light should have faded properly if this is a professional magazine. And don't make me laugh at how the top is completely straight, but the bottom has an illusional curve added to it by poor shopping skills to make it look real. The reflectibe light properties are also baked into the paper as well. Sorry guys, while they look awesome, there is no way from this early such a scan would have come out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That there son is a fake, a properly made fake, but a fake nonetheless. If its made its rounds on DA, then its probably like the Cactowl one, and that BW starter page with the dolphin and panda. The page is also too clean, the makers of these always use a simple black background instead of a proper CoroCoro style mess, and the O that gets under the beam of light should have faded properly if this is a professional magazine. And don't make me laugh at how the top is completely straight, but the bottom has an illusional curve added to it by poor shopping skills to make it look real. The reflectibe light properties are also baked into the paper as well. Sorry guys, while they look awesome, there is no way from this early such a scan would have come out.

Daym that's a lot of analysis! Buuuut yeah I figured it was fake, but still being hopeful was nice ;_; I do hope the next CoroCoro does reveal new mons tho.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Not to mention, I don't think CoroCoro had ever used the English word "NEW" whenever they're revealing something... well, new. Just comparing it to last month's scans alone with Yveltal and Xerneas, you can tell there's a big difference in the actual scan and this one. Plus, it's still quite early I would think before new CoroCoro scans for this month start popping up.

Whoever made this though, they did a pretty good job with the 3D rendering and making that look pretty believable. But deviantArt? Not exactly he best primary source to find these things and turn out real.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I thought the same about new but I just assumed there was a logical explanation for that and we'd get the mons we wanted :x But nevertheless from the starters designs I think the designs of the other Pokemon will most likely be awesome too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Daym that's a lot of analysis! Buuuut yeah I figured it was fake, but still being hopeful was nice ;_; I do hope the next CoroCoro does reveal new mons tho.

Not disproving the fakeness as I think its fake as well, but there was more analysis in the one where the fans had "proved" Gen 5's leaked Starter Final Evolutions to be fake. Then a month later we all found out that they were real.

One of the biggest "flaws" found was the type of paper and presentation of the Pokemon at that time. Over analyzing Pokemon news always gives a headache. XD

I'm sticking with, its fake until a proper source posts that it is true. So until Pokemon.com post it all info is fake to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right I remember lmao. I secretly hope it turns out like that, too :( But even so we won't know anything for sure until the 15th which is almost 2 weeks away, ugh!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
About that fake CoroCoro image... I was absolutely fooled by it. xD

Those artists did such a great job at making it look too real. I bet it has fooled many people into thinking that it was a real CoroCoro leak. Wait, is it April 1st already? xD

*checks the date* Naw, of course not... it's only 2nd of February. :P

But yeah, about that... I was quite amazed when I heard that it was actually fake, but now when I think about it... they pretty much used the scenes of a wild Pikachu encounter and sending out Fennekin from the trailer, and just put the 3D models on top of those Pokémon to cover the ones from the trailer up. When you think about it, the designs look very similar in shape to Fennekin and Pikachu.

But ah well, we'll be seeing CoroCoro leaks probably sometime after February 10th. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back