• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Speaking of sign ups and no updates, a lot of people have signed up for the Favorite Challenge, but then I never see them come back and update. Makes me sad. Like they forgot or something. It won't hurt my feelings if they just say "i don't wanna do this anymore" lol. :(

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
hehe, I still have my save file for Blaze Black 2, but I got stuck on Clay a while ago, then got caught up doing other things. I'll probably finish eventually though since I have yet to play the whole hack through.

Years
Speaking of sign ups and no updates, a lot of people have signed up for the Favorite Challenge, but then I never see them come back and update. Makes me sad. Like they forgot or something. It won't hurt my feelings if they just say "i don't wanna do this anymore" lol. :(

They probably didn't get a team they liked and didn't even start it. :p

To the issue about non-updating sign-ups. I was thinking of maybe having a 50 post requirement perhaps. Those who haven't been on the forums for very long tend to be very demanding and, where's my info, and so on, and then they don't even update the next couple of weeks. It's like, really? Pester me with PM's, VM's, and thread posts for me to "hurry up" AND not even start when I get around to assigning sheets. I think some challengers like the idea of a random challenge, or a surprise of some sort, but then end up not liking the cards that they are dealt - so to speak. I'd just feel bad for those who are new, that actually want to partake in my challenges though. So, I'll just suck it up and continue my weekly bingo card generator day.

Oh, and the other thing, just an example off the top of my head, but we don't really need a mono-species, duo-species, and tri-species thread for example. If that were the case, why not fuse them into one thread. Or an ultimate "locke" thread for the variations of nuzlockes. Maybe the challengers are spread too thin among the many different challenges to keep track of which ones they signed up for?

But then we have the issue of stepping on thread owners toes :(
I don't really want to start any issues!!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions for the Organism Challenge! It seems no ome is taking part of the challenge, but it takes time and patient. I don't want to add/fuse Amphibians, there are only a few amphibian based Pokemon and I already have the Primate class for that small of amount Pokémon. Mammal class is an option, but alot of Pokemon are based on mammals. But I'll see.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions for the Organism Challenge! It seems no ome is taking part of the challenge, but it takes time and patient. I don't want to add/fuse Amphibians, there are only a few amphibian based Pokemon and I already have the Primate class for that small of amount Pokémon. Mammal class is an option, but alot of Pokemon are based on mammals. But I'll see.

Hey don't worry about it. Maybe people are busy right now. It's still summer you know, vacations and stuffs :P
I'm actually gonna do the Organism challenge once I'm done with my event challenge, it seems really fun :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Sorry in advance for this massive post.

@deku & myrrh
Personally, I'd find it pointless and ridiculous to see someone sign up for some challenge then never update again.

I don't really care about being put up in the "challenger's section" or whatever... I mean, anyone could always do challenges without ever signing up.
I end up doing this a lot, actually. Not NEVER update, but not update for months and months. I'm sure you guys have noticed that I'll come for usually like a couple days to a week and then disappear for another like 3 months. Its just how I do challenges. I sign up for a bunch, and then half the time they go inactive before I get enough free time to play through them. So those don't get updated on anything but my personal list. Granted, I still believe that I will complete every challenge that I've ever signed up for, its just that some of them have been inactive for like a year. One day about a year ago, I went back and cataloged every challenge that had ever been posted on this site. I've since lost that list, but there were some challenges there that have been inactive for years and years, and are still on my list to complete. But I will, someday. Its actually really unfortunate, because Pokemon is my "fall back" game/s to play. I usually only play it when I'm not doing a bigger project (100% infamous, 100% katamari forever, 100% ni no kuni, or my most recent ambition, 100% civ 5 on steam). However, I know that some day I'm going to catalog again, and when I do, if I see I posted in a thread, I'm much more likely to see that challenge and do it later on.

Its like I said before. I mostly nowadays do challenges when I'm free and have some time. I'm kind of like this, in a sense, because I do the challene before I get added, just after I sign up. I've done so many challenges now that they don't fit in a format that I like in my sig. So I trust the owners of big challenges (jd in the monocolor, necrum in the monotype, and James901 in the solo) to keep things somewhat updated so that I can tell what I haven't done. For most of the other challenges, I only care that I get put in the challengers section because like I said in my first paragraph, when I catalog again, I'm likely to forget every challenge I've done, and if a challenge looks cool, I'm likely to think I haven't done it and end up doing it again (which would be alright, but there's other challenges I could be doing for the first time still!)
To the issue about non-updating sign-ups. I was thinking of maybe having a 50 post requirement perhaps. Those who haven't been on the forums for very long tend to be very demanding and, where's my info, and so on, and then they don't even update the next couple of weeks. It's like, really? Pester me with PM's, VM's, and thread posts for me to "hurry up" AND not even start when I get around to assigning sheets. I think some challengers like the idea of a random challenge, or a surprise of some sort, but then end up not liking the cards that they are dealt - so to speak. I'd just feel bad for those who are new, that actually want to partake in my challenges though. So, I'll just suck it up and continue my weekly bingo card generator day.

Oh, and the other thing, just an example off the top of my head, but we don't really need a mono-species, duo-species, and tri-species thread for example. If that were the case, why not fuse them into one thread. Or an ultimate "locke" thread for the variations of nuzlockes. Maybe the challengers are spread too thin among the many different challenges to keep track of which ones they signed up for?

But then we have the issue of stepping on thread owners toes :(
I don't really want to start any issues!!
I think this is a bad idea. Something that I would recommend instead, is not update until after the person either updates once, or has like 3 badges (your choice on which one you would choose). Not updated new people's stuff will make the already shy average new poster not want to do the challenge. If the challengeer/champion list is for ANYONE, I feel like it should be for the new poster. They've probably lurked here for a while, and seeing their name up on the list will make them feel better about themselves. Plus, there are some 50+ posters that I've seen that do the exact same thing :P

Maybe combine the duo and trio species challenges. In fact, iirc one of the versions had them both together. I don't think combining them with the solo is a good idea though. Having the only restriction be a limit to 2 Pokemon is not even close to being on the same level of challenge of soloing RBY with a Pidgeot/Fearow with 0 type coverage. Plus, the solo is big enough that it doesn't need any added traffic.

As far as stepping on toes, this brings me way way way back to before there was a challenge board. Back in the day, the challenges were just posted on their individual generation boards (Metal/Color, RSEFRLG, etc. I went to each board and asked the OPs of each of the solo threads if they wouldn't mind me taking over (granted, back then they weren't updated or posted in very frequently, I'm sure it would be different now). Eventually, I got all the solo challenges, which I united under one post, and the same for all the monotypes (other than the ultimate). It was quite a bit of work getting to all the OPs (again, would be much easier now that they're already here and not scattered), but most people won't get mad at you if you ask nicely. They might say no, but its worth a shot if we're bettering the challenge board.

11wildy

Me!
Years
You could also think up one yourself, as the game really isn't very pupolar. You could try to monotype or nuzlocke it I suppose. or a solo challenge if you're crazy enough (well, my best deck on it has only 1 Pokemon)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Does anyone else running challenges have people signing up and putting something other than their username in the username field of the sign up form? It's really annoying.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YES. Before I left for band camp, I was noticing that left and right. ._. I always say "username:" when I make sign ups in my challenges, so idk how that happens.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I am a little bit confused. I thought I had put up my challenge for approval, but it wasn't in unapproved challenges, but neither is it in the topics list?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am a little bit confused. I thought I had put up my challenge for approval, but it wasn't in unapproved challenges, but neither is it in the topics list?

Yours is there, it's just lower to the bottom cause it had been sitting there unapproved for a while cause I was gone. Just contact me next time instead of bringing it up in here, cause then it'd be brought to my attention quicker.

I don't know why people put that in signups though. Is it that hard to look to the left of the screen to see usernames?

Easier to copy/paste when they put it in their sign up form tbh. Especially weird usernames like m8eyultr4finenla. Usernames I know well, like your or Necrum, I just type those in, but there are harder ones and it's easier to copy it out of the post than the link in their postbit cause you might accidentally click the link or something stupid. And having your username looks more official imo. They've just always been like that, even before this forum was created.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, it saves a lot of time when updating threads, especially more popular ones like Monotype. I mean, switching between windows and tabs to see a name that's hard to remember is not fun, and copying from the area where a person's username is displayed always seems to cause a bunch of really weird problems. Plenty of other things on this site also have Username on the sign ups, like tourneys for example, and even club sign ups. Any form in real life is gonna require a name, not having Username at the top would make it look funky in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, if this is not the place for this, please let me know.

I've been running the Hunger Games Challenge for about 8 months now, and it's been fun, but I'm not sure how much longer I can manage it. I haven't been able to participate for a long time, considering my old computer sucked and my new computer doesn't have my files. Also, school has just started, and that has been taking up a lot of my time as well. If anyone would be interested in taking over the challenge, just message me, and we can get that arranged. Again, if this is the wrong place for this, please tell me where I can post this. Thanks!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
This is definitely the right place. I personally know nothing about the Hunger Games, so it's not really something for me, but I'm sure someone wants it.

In other news, I'm almost done updating my Monotype Challenge after over a month! Yay! Gonna be posting info about how XY is gonna be handled within it later today, so anyone playing Monotype should keep an eye out.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Speaking of going afk,i've been gone for a while,and i'm now in my Senior year of HS,but somehow,I have time for this stuff again :P. so i'll get back on some stuff I've been stalled on,and maybe start some new stuff when I can.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I'm almost done with my Olympian God challenge that I'm making. Hopefully this challenge will be a hit, because I put so much effort into it! xD

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Well there could be a challenge where you can only catch the 6 Pokemon that'll be on your final team. Not sure if someone posted something like hat but thought I should post it anyway...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just a little over a month till we have to update challenges to XY standards! Gonna be fun. :) New Favorite Challenge will be posted in December, hopefully. I think I said that or January is when it will go up. It's gonna be interesting with a new type.

I gotta do a major update on the event tomorrow. I would have done it today, but I'm just way too tired. I got home at 3:30 AM and had to get back up at 9 to go to work, so I've just been trying to chill out today. Got a lot of personal stuff causing me grief too, but oh well, it'll pass. I'll be doing the raffle winners tomorrow after I update as well, so that'll be fun. Mac did a great job RNGing the prizes. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back