• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Now, discussion of Grass types... uh... wait, what's the current topic?

Seems like we have an... image problem with some of the Grass types. :p (pun maybe intended)

Anything can be scary. Anything can be cute. It all depends on how you view it! That Shaymin pic is probably one of the best examples of it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
That is true Twiggy, with a few design adjustments you can turn literally any pokemon scary. x(

Alright new topic.

If you had the option to change one non-grass type into a grass type, what would it be? (And a twist:) If you could change a grass type into another type, what would that Pokemon be?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Alright new topic.

If you had the option to change one non-grass type into a grass type, what would it be? (And a twist:) If you could change a grass type into another type, what would that Pokemon be?
The Pokémon I would turn into a Grass type would be Scyther. As Alex already provided an example of, it can easily be mistaken for a Grass type, and I honestly think that it seems more suiting. By replacing Flying with Grass it would become a Grass/Bug dualtype, which would be the first one of that.

There aren't really any Grass types that I think should've been something else, but I'd pick Deerling if anyone. I don't get why it got the additional Grass typing, as I think it would've been fine staying a Normal type :|

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I'm wondering if its time for a new topic? Most members have answered the current ones. :p

New topic: 'Which Grass type Pokemon do you find scariest?'

I think for me its a hard choice between Scyther and Victreebell... Although I suppose the Bellsprout family aren't renowned for their speed so it might not be all that hard to outrun one of them! Scyther on the other hand would hunt you down and... *shudders* This picture ain't for the faint of heart ;p

Spoiler:

Edit: D'oh, Sycther's not grass. xD But it should be ;D

I would also have to agree with Cradily on this one. I just can't help but the eyes. I would go with Ferrothorn...yet I can't see myself to get myself scared by it as much as Cradily.

That is true Twiggy, with a few design adjustments you can turn literally any pokemon scary. x(

Alright new topic.

Hmm...that's quite hard. I would have to say that Ferrothorn seems more of a dark type than grass, so that takes my vote. As for who should be grass..I really can't say.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Alright new topic.

Interesting topic! I'm not sure if we're talking about for usefulness or based on the Pokemon, so I'll speak in terms of the Pokemon :3 I think one Pokemon that really should've been Grass type is Scyther. It looks much more like a Grass type than bug type to me! Its Flying side also confuses me a bit... I think one that shouldn't be grass type is Paras/Parasect... They seem to me like they should either be just Bug, or Bug/Poison. :3

By the way, does anyone else think 'Grass' type is an odd name? I'm not sure what else they'd be called, but something about 'Grass' seems weird to me... Maybe Plant types might sound more natural? :p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ooh, good points. Mmm, though I always though paras was a grass type due to its little mushroom. :3 But Scyther definately, shouldn't be flying type epescially when I can recall a pokedex entry stating it rarely flies..or something along the lines of that. (That also remind me of gyarados which is Water/Flygin which I hate! ;o;)

Mmm! I've always thought that to, but I guess I've sort of adapted to the name over time tbh; but I wouldn't mind a change which I think is highly unlikely. ;;

Well here's a little activity, though done several time in other clubs, I think, would be good to do, just for the sake of it xD;

Make up a grass type move:

Name: Nature Lash

Physical or Special?
Power: 90
Accuracy: 85
Type: Grass
Description: The users scratches the foe with a claw or scythe covered in sharp leaves.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

----------
----------
Grass

The users burns of unneeded growth to sharply increase speed, but the attack stat is lowered.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Name: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Torterra
Why did you join: I love Grass-type Pokémon. Grass-type Pokémon are cool and cute.

Years
You've got a lovely Exeggutor icon, Curious. :3 I love it!

Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott! ♥
Reason for joining: Grass types are my favorites right next to electric. I'm planning on doing a grass-only run in Crystal and Emerald very soon, too. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
You've got a lovely Exeggutor icon, Curious. :3 I love it!

Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott! ♥
Reason for joining: Grass types are my favorites right next to electric. I'm planning on doing a grass-only run in Crystal and Emerald very soon, too. :D

Welcome to the club Cirno, glad to hear you love these cuties. ;> And thanks for the compliment haha. I love Whimsicott too, I've started a new game in my White and I traded a petilil for a cottonee. Although its nicknamed; Fluffee, I don't care it's still cute; and pretty strong I have to admit. ;p However unfortunately it's getting pumped by Burgh. D:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Recently I've been playing through Sapphire again and using Treecko as my starter... It's so good! It kills everything that the rest of my team can't handle with its Leaf Blade. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't have a great move pool. :3 I bring this up as it seems we don't currently have a topic being followed, so here's a new one! ^^

New topic: Which Grass starter do you find most useful in-game?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Good topic, probably Turtwig out of them all, simple because of its impressive typing and its ability to be able to use moves such as Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crnch, Leaf Sotrm etc when evolved which make it quite a powerhouse, the only issue with it is its speed. (When a torterra)

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^ what he said. Turtwig, when fully evolved can learn some great moves and its typing is pretty good. I also like the Grass/Ground combo.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
*is embarrassed*

Then again, that is precisely the reason why I stick with Turtwig. It's really useful in battles and is bulky enough.

Years
The best Grass starter without a doubt is Turtwig cos it gets good attacks, good defense plus an interesting typing as Torterra, its only problem is speed.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I would LOOOOOOOOVE to join this club!

Name: Sector Revenge
Partner: Autumn the Leafeon!
Reason for Joining: Grass type are just amazing! If only our actual real grass can cooperate with us rather than getting blown by the wind all day long, I'd have some entertainment in my life LOL

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would LOOOOOOOOVE to join this club!

Name: Sector Revenge
Partner: Autumn the Leafeon!
Reason for Joining: Grass type are just amazing! If only our actual real grass can cooperate with us rather than getting blown by the wind all day long, I'd have some entertainment in my life LOL

Welcome to the club. :3 Interesting grass theory, xD; I sure hope my grassed stayed how it was for awhile, nice and trimmed. Mowing it is hazordous in this heat. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back