• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
A standard set of ASM tutorials

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted on PokeCommunity. It's been bothering me lately, I wonder if its a good idea to have like a standard set of ASM tutorials. Thing is, I find none of the tutorials so far are actually complete (including mine).

Thoughts?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted on PokeCommunity. It's been bothering me lately, I wonder if its a good idea to have like a standard set of ASM tutorials. Thing is, I find none of the tutorials so far are actually complete (including mine).

Thoughts?

Yeah much understandable and much easier ASM tutorials would be great... :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Thoughts?
It would be awesome! Especially what can be done with ASM in ROM hacking and how to implement it =)
It would surely bring new hackers to the scene ;)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014

Thoughts?

That would be extremely beneficial to the ROM hacking community. :D

Like many others have said, I feel like the existing tutorials don't quite show us practical applications to Pokemon. I know ASM is a programming language that doesn't just include Pokemon ROMs, but there's a reason 99% of the hacks on POKEcommunity is Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
hey guys do yopu think it would make sence to start with rom hacking if i no nearly nothing about scripting and all this stuff? because i relly want to design my own maps and everything but i always think its too camoplicated?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Yeah, go ahead and start one. I do suggest that you try and learn things by searching around in the tutorials section or something. It's never too complicated if you're committed/motivated enough, so go ahead and try it out!

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Yeah much understandable and much easier ASM tutorials would be great... :)

It would be awesome! Especially what can be done with ASM in ROM hacking and how to implement it =)
It would surely bring new hackers to the scene ;)

That would be extremely beneficial to the ROM hacking community. :D

Like many others have said, I feel like the existing tutorials don't quite show us practical applications to Pokemon. I know ASM is a programming language that doesn't just include Pokemon ROMs, but there's a reason 99% of the hacks on POKEcommunity is Pokemon.

Yeah, go ahead and start one. I do suggest that you try and learn things by searching around in the tutorials section or something. It's never too complicated if you're committed/motivated enough, so go ahead and try it out!

I tried to do that back then but never got to cover the application side. This time I'd write on GoogleDocs, by the way what do you guys think of the existing ones I wrote. Are they easy to follow? I plan to redo them but I need to know whether it is too hard, too easy, too much theory etc.

MrFantasy

Mysterious Trainer
Years
This is a little off topic but has anyone heard of the Ash coma theroy? Because I'd like to see a hack based off of after he wakes up xD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
By the looks of things (and this is me guessing), it's the Battle Island thing, Resort Gorgeous part me thinks, to keep in line with the Region Map and to allow The Underground to function properly.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Not bad. Though that instrument that makes those wavy noises are amusing for perhaps the wrong reasons! That's more an instrument fault though, I've experienced very similar things in Ruby... Which reminds me... I have some experience too. 100% looped too.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Here's something I've been working on for my hack. I plan on doing a lot more of these, but this is the only good one I have right now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
This is a little off the current topic but I had an idea for a hack and wanted to see if there was any interest before I actually started it.
Hack Name: Pokemon Emblem

Hack of: Fire Emblem (GBA)

Info: This isn't a hack of a Pokemon game I know, but the idea is to use the Fire Emblem gameplay with Pokemon. Everything in the game would be based around Pokemon, only the gameplay would really remain the same. I would change the storyline to be all Pokemon, characters would be characters from Pokemon. It is pretty much a complete transformation of the game Fire Emblem into a Pokemon game.

This is just an idea I thought of and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a hack like this before I start making it. So please let me know if you would play this hack or not. (By the way there was a similar game like this released in Japan I think, but it didn't really follow the Pokemon storyline very well. Plus I don't know how to do translations, and am not really concerned with learning that at this time.) If you're interested to see this game be made, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Comment here or PM me.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
for GBA does adding 4th and 5th generation Pokemon improve gameplay for you guys?

Not for me. I'm fine with what we had with the 3rd generation. And I certainly don't want the 5th generation in any games I play :P.

Though I suppose I would be rather neutral about the 4th gen making an appearance in hacks, as long as there was enough variety between all the Pokemon used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back