• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
But they do appear in certain sections though right? I've been looking for Skorupi with no luck.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Uh, it's been awhile since I've beein in the Safari Zone in Platinum so I'm not really sure. I never had a problem finding him. I found him close to the entrance.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Okay, so I have been trying to clone on Pokemon Diamond using the GTS glitch. I've tried several different spin amounts (including the most popular ones online), but it never works. It spins 8 times for my Flareon before it goes to trade, so I've tried stopping it at 7 and 7 1/2 spins...still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Maybe the timing is different for your wifi/router. I'd suggest if you can to look at the router itself and time when you disconnect with the timing of flight flashing, as that (supposedly from what I read ages back) corresponds to the sending of data.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I tried that, but all of the lights blink over and over again...even if I'm not using the internet. I seen online that using the light method is easier, but I obviously can't use it.

I have continued to try using the more difficult method and have yet to get results from it. I just end up frustrated after spending 15 minutes trying to clone the same Mewtwo (oh the irony!).

Are there any other ways to do it, aside from using an AR? I've even resorted to using youtube, but they all just have how to do it with either AR or GTS.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I tried that, but all of the lights blink over and over again...even if I'm not using the internet. I seen online that using the light method is easier, but I obviously can't use it.

I have continued to try using the more difficult method and have yet to get results from it. I just end up frustrated after spending 15 minutes trying to clone the same Mewtwo (oh the irony!).

Are there any other ways to do it, aside from using an AR? I've even resorted to using youtube, but they all just have how to do it with either AR or GTS.

The GTS cloning is very hard to get to work, I've tried it and it takes forever and alot of patience and yes there is another way, use the cloning thread in the trading forum. Or just message me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Okay, so does it just take practice?
I was worried that I'm doing something wrong...but even if it takes a while to master, I'm willing to try (though the only reason is so I can give out legendaries and shinies to people here without needing something rare/shiny in return).

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Okay, so does it just take practice?
I was worried that I'm doing something wrong...but even if it takes a while to master, I'm willing to try (though the only reason is so I can give out legendaries and shinies to people here without needing something rare/shiny in return).

Yes it's practice and I found that when I was doing it (my router doesn't flash) when you get it one time it will become easier cause it's not always on a certain turn of the clock.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Okay, now it won't work again.
I've spent who knows how long trying to make it work today and it just doesn't allow me to clone anymore.

The only other two ways won't work, either (my neighbors apparently have devices that search for internet, causing my WLAN light to blink even when not in use...I don't know how to do it with trading other than GTS). Is there a fourth way that I don't know about? Or am I doing something wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
Hi, I am looking for a number of Action Replay codes for Soul Silver.

I need European Action Replay codes to obtain the following items as well as the steps required when the code is activated:
Membership Pass
Oak's Letter
Azure Flute

Thank you.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Why can't I change what the Pokemon of the day is for the population outbreak? In the 5th gen games I can just reset if I haven't saved the game that day and I can just keep resetting until it's the Pokemon I want. I can also reset to change which Pokemon shows up in Urayama's garden, but I've tried many times before talking to Hikari's sister and every time I talk to her it's the same Pokemon and I have to wait until the next day.

Years
Why can't I change what the Pokemon of the day is for the population outbreak? In the 5th gen games I can just reset if I haven't saved the game that day and I can just keep resetting until it's the Pokemon I want. I can also reset to change which Pokemon shows up in Urayama's garden, but I've tried many times before talking to Hikari's sister and every time I talk to her it's the same Pokemon and I have to wait until the next day.

Swarms cannot be reset in 4th Gen but can be reset in 5th Gen.

So yeah, the answer is no.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
There is one way to reset it which is to change the time of your DS to just before midnight and begin playing before that time too, which'll change the swarm. Note that it'd disable other time-based things though (e.g. all your berries will die).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Dearest fourth gen wunderkind:

My boyfriend wants me to get him a Porygon but my HG isn't in Celadon yet will the coins at Goldenrod be usable in Celadon when I get there? Or should I get off my lazy butt and go search for his SS that's actually there already?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Not knowing this off by head or experience, I took a quick google search and nothing seemed to come up. I was going to see for myself using my own HG, but I can't seen to find the game.

Nevertheless, I'd assume you'd be able to use the coins from Goldenrod in Celadon since one's using the same coin case for both regions. But yeah, feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong.

And, there's always the option like you said to get your boyfriend's SS. :P

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I went to the cave east of Zui Town in Platinum to look for more varieties of Unown and can only find the one kind I've caught to this point (looks like the letter "P"). How can I find others?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I went to the cave east of Zui Town in Platinum to look for more varieties of Unown and can only find the one kind I've caught to this point (looks like the letter "P"). How can I find others?

You will just need to keep running around in there to find all of them, it took me forever to get all of them.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Isn't it weird though that I can only find one kind in the first room? It's not like there's a separate room for each variety. Could it have something to do with my messing with my DS clock lately to try and get the population outbreak Pokemon I wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back