• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Are there are significant events after beating the elite four a second time?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is it possible to see white kyurem in black 2?

If you transfer a Reshiram after you caught both Zekrom and Kyurem, you can use the DNA Pins on Kyurem and Reshiram to get White Kyurem instead of Black Kyurem with Zekrom. Though you can only have 1 form of Kyurem (Black/White) in your party. If you try to use the DNA Pins again, it will defuse White Kyurem instead or fusing a second Kyurem with Zekrom.

Years
Where can I restock on Heart Scales in the game?
They must be generated somewhere.

Your best bet is going to a house in Driftveil City and talk to a lady in there and if you show her a Pokemon knowing a certain TM or HM move, she'll give you a Heart Scale. This can be done once a day.

She's located in the building just north of the gate to the PWT.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Where can I restock on Heart Scales in the game?
They must be generated somewhere.

They also respwan every day on the beaches so keep using the dowsing machine

To add to the poster higher up on this side: you cant restart the game and keep the keeps if you restart the keys will disapear as well

Last edited:

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Quick Question (please provide a how-to if possible):

I heard somewhere that you can upload your VS Recorder battle videos to a computer.
Is this possible? If so, How?
(Black 2)

Thanks In Advance

Regards, Chris

Toko

Forest Dweller
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2021
Hi,

I've played through White 2 and wonder whether the Shiny Charm is worth getting?
Is the difference when breeding for shinies noticeable, in comparison to the Masuda Method? I really don't want to waste a lot of time getting one shiny egg.
Also, do you have any tips for other things to do? I've got every badge, beat the elite 4 a couple of times, caught every legendary Pokemon.

Years
Hi,

I've played through White 2 and wonder whether the Shiny Charm is worth getting?
Is the difference when breeding for shinies noticeable, in comparison to the Masuda Method? I really don't want to waste a lot of time getting one shiny egg.
Also, do you have any tips for other things to do? I've got every badge, beat the elite 4 a couple of times, caught every legendary Pokemon.

The Shiny Charm makes shiny encounters three times as likely. Normally the chance is 1 in 8,192 but with the Shiny Charm it goes up to 1 in 2,730 for wild encounters and 1 in 1,024 for breeding.

When breeding the Masuda Method it's a 1 in 1,366 probability so yeah the Shiny Charm difference pretty noticeable compared to the Masuda Method. It's worth getting if you can get every single Pokemon, and if you're in need of a certain Pokemon check out the Quick Trade Thread in Trade Corner where you're guaranteed to get what you need. Don't even bother about the GTS thanks to the stupid requests there.

And there's loads of things you can do in the post-game too, such as rematches against Colress, N, the Shadow Triad, Hugh and also if you used Memory Link with Black or White, Cheren and Bianca, in which they use their original B/W team based on what starter you chose in that game. There's also Cynthia who can be battled in Undella Town.

You can also take part in even more matches in the Pokemon World Tournament, and also do a tag battle with Cilan, Chili and Cress. You team up with one of the trio against the other two. New areas also open up and you can catch even more Pokemon, as well as transfer Pokemon from your 4th Gen games. There's also the White Treehollow challenge you can do.

Also, you can call Yancy/Curtis with the Dropped Item Xtransceiver sidequest and as a reward after 50 calls she/he will trade you a Pokemon every day, they are all at Level 50 and come with their Hidden Abilities.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
And you could also enter Pokestar Studios and Pokemon Musical too if you don't mind. And if you transfer keys from Black 2 (after you cleared Black Tower in that game), you could take on Black Tower in White 2 too!

Last edited:

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
(Repost from up there, cause it was skipped ;))
Quick Question (please provide a how-to if possible):

I heard somewhere that you can upload your VS Recorder battle videos to a computer.
Is this possible? If so, How?
(Black 2)

Thanks In Advance

Regards, Chris

Years
So I'm planning on getting the special Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 copies at Walmart, but usually they run out of stock on a day that I can go there. So I was wondering: If one orders Pokemon Black and White 2 from the Walmart website will they be the special copies with the Dream World Sinnoh Starter codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back