• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Wow thanks peregrinfig. Now how would I make her re-appear? I've not used this method before.

Use clearflag 0xFLAG. It will appear again. :)

Also, I made a script to edit wild pokemon data when a person is talked to. The script works, but it wont write the byte to the pokemon data offset. Why won't it write????

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
I don't know about that wild pokemon script =/

Next question..

What is wrong with this?

Spoiler:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I don't know about that wild pokemon script =/

Next question..

What is wrong with this?

Spoiler:

I want it to play the text (which it does) and to activate running shoes. I have it set the flag after speaking to him for this first time, but when i try to run outside, nothing :/

The reason is because you have two flags. Try removing the "checkflag 0x1000" and "setflag 0x1000" then add "checkflag 0x82F" at the start.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
EDIT: I figured out my problem. I modified Pallet Town and Route 01 and somehow changed their place "type". So I can run but not in those areas. Gonna have a look what was changed when I imported them.

Nope. The solution was... Making the headers of those areas "Show Village Names" instead of "Show Names". Didn't think that would affect running but whatever XD

Last edited:

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
Use clearflag 0xFLAG. It will appear again. :)

Also, I made a script to edit wild pokemon data when a person is talked to. The script works, but it wont write the byte to the pokemon data offset. Why won't it write????

Umm, because you can't write to the ROM? You wouldn't be able to make a script that does this. Remember, you can ONLY write to the RAM.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
EDIT: I figured out my problem. I modified Pallet Town and Route 01 and somehow changed their place "type". So I can run but not in those areas. Gonna have a look what was changed when I imported them.

Nope. The solution was... Making the headers of those areas "Show Village Names" instead of "Show Names". Didn't think that would affect running but whatever XD

Oh, well, I had a similar script, and the problem was because of having 2 flags in one script. :/

Also for information, editing the headers can also be a way to run inside, etc. ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
"Also for information, editing the headers can also be a way to run inside, etc. ^^"
I noticed, I'll remember that ;)

So does anyone know how to alter what players play what tracks? The way I understand it, the music that plays depends on the type of trainer, such as "BUG CATCHER", "RIVAL" or "LEADER". I'm assuming someone there is a script with a list of those, telling the game which track to play?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
"Also for information, editing the headers can also be a way to run inside, etc. ^^"
I noticed, I'll remember that ;)

So does anyone know how to alter what players play what tracks? The way I understand it, the music that plays depends on the type of trainer, such as "BUG CATCHER", "RIVAL" or "LEADER". I'm assuming someone there is a script with a list of those, telling the game which track to play?

Use Google and see if you can find Mastermind_X's ASM routine. You just put in the hex (you'll need to change the variables used, his example doesn't work) and you can use variables to change the music to be played in a battle. There's really no easier way other than renaming classes, but that means you still only have one class with that music, just under a different name.

Wow thanks peregrinfig. Now how would I make her re-appear? I've not used this method before.

Also: Is there a script to make music fade in? playmusic 0x000 just makes it burst straight in. Sounds quite sloppy =/

As nobody answered this, fadesong 0x(song number) 0x0.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Thanks again peregrin! For the fadesong too, was still wondering about that.

The ASM thing just went way over my head :S

I'm not after making a specific battle play a song, I'd be happy to just change the song of one class, as there are already loads of "spare" classes from r/s.

PeregrineFig

Years
Thanks again peregrin! For the fadesong too, was still wondering about that.

The ASM thing just went way over my head :S

I'm not after making a specific battle play a song, I'd be happy to just change the song of one class, as there are already loads of "spare" classes from r/s.

The RSE classes have regular battle music, they didn't bother to make them retain their special songs in FRLG. So, say you changed the Leader class to something else. The new class would have the gym leader battle music, but if you made a new Leader class or used the RSE one, you'd get regular battle music. There's no non-ASM way around this, unfortunately.

Now I have a question. I tried to optimize my headbutt tree script. I'm using JPAN's hacked engine, and have variables that should make a pokemon sometimes fall out of the tree sleeping, with a setvar after the battle to counterbalance it, so you won't find a sleeping pokemon in the grass after not getting a headbutt tree pokemon. The problem is, I've tested it over and over and the pokemon is NEVER asleep. Is there any obvious problem with this script and the part dealing with vars 8004 or 8005?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Why would a pokemon still be asleep after falling out of a tree? :P

I found his music tutorial. I did not understand it what so ever =/

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Right, what I would like to know is if it is possible to make a script that you talk to a person and then the Hero OW changes. If it is possible please let me know how :) Thanks for reading

PeregrineFig

Years
Right, what I would like to know is if it is possible to make a script that you talk to a person and then the Hero OW changes. If it is possible please let me know how :) Thanks for reading

If you happen to be using JPAN's FR hacked engine, you can just set a variable (forgot which one, read his instruction manual document) to the index number of the new OW in the script. If not, the only way is with ASM.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Ok, while I was making a medium sized script, I encountered an annoying error. Instead of saying the regulat text, is say: qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF. Why does it do this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ok, while I was making a medium sized script, I encountered an annoying error. Instead of saying the regulat text, is say: qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF. Why does it do this?
Post the script. It could be a problem with the script. Or you could open the compiled script with XSE and see if there's anything wrong.
Is there an expanded version of Advanced Text out for LeafGreen?

No?

Shiny Quagsire

Years

One recommendation: Don't use Leaf Green. Not a very good idea. There is no tutorials, no tool support, and everyone will tell you to switch to fire red.

the qAF qAF script:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x8028B8
lockall
textcolor 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x81692B0
waitmovement 0x0
clearflag 0x2B
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81692B7
waitmovement 0x0
clearflag 0x4001
playsong2 0x0
fadedefault
msgbox 0x88028FA MSG_NORMAL '"ALDER: Let me think[.]\pOh, that's..."
pause 0x1E
setvar 0x4055 0x2
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8028FA
= ALDER: Let me think[.]\pOh, that's right, I told you to\ncome! Just wait!\pHere, [player].\pThere are three POKéMON here.\pHaha!\pThe POKéMON are held inside\nthese POKé BALLS.\pWhen I was young, I was a serious\nPOKéMON TRAINER.\pBut now, in my old age, I have\nonly these three left.\pYou can have one.\nGo on, choose!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1692B0
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1692B7

PeregrineFig

Years
One recommendation: Don't use Leaf Green. Not a very good idea. There is no tutorials, no tool support, and everyone will tell you to switch to fire red.

the qAF qAF script:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x8028B8
lockall
textcolor 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x81692B0
waitmovement 0x0
clearflag 0x2B
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81692B7
waitmovement 0x0
clearflag 0x4001
playsong2 0x0
fadedefault
msgbox 0x88028FA MSG_NORMAL '"ALDER: Let me think[.]\pOh, that's..."
pause 0x1E
setvar 0x4055 0x2
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8028FA
= ALDER: Let me think[.]\pOh, that's right, I told you to\ncome! Just wait!\pHere, [player].\pThere are three POKéMON here.\pHaha!\pThe POKéMON are held inside\nthese POKé BALLS.\pWhen I was young, I was a serious\nPOKéMON TRAINER.\pBut now, in my old age, I have\nonly these three left.\pYou can have one.\nGo on, choose!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1692B0

#org 0x1692B7

If I'm right in guessing that's a level script, it's more than likely a problem with the #raw word. Open the map header in A-Map, hit ctrl+H, copy the map script offset, paste that into XSE, and hit the level script button, then decompile. Change the #raw word 0x(some 4-character value, usually FFFF) to 0, and compile it.

Either do what they said and use FireRed, or learn hex editing and get a table of characters for Pokemon. You can very easily repoint and edit text in a hex editor. I was really worried when I first discovered I couldn't run A-Text, but soon learned I don't need it anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
I need help with this script, it's suppose to check to make sure the pokemon you pick is a certain pokemon and if you pick the wrong one it stops you and takes you to the back of that string. What happens is that when I'm supposed to pick Venusaur it let's me pick any pokemon without stopping me. Then when I'm suppose to pick Onix and I go to pick another pokemon or when I try to go back (which you aren't suppose to be able to do at that point) it takes me to my @Goback string. This is just a little bit of my script, but everything else in the script works perfect except this part. Please take a look.
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back