• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting (In HD Video Form!)

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
hey i need your help with your super script, i love it,
but i tryd to compile it to a clean rom i just put it on a Script tile, but when i go on it, the game freezes, can u do a walkthrough how to add that to the game step by step thank you

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
When I put the trainer radius on A-map, then I test it, one step before I go into their
sight range, they come up to me and say endlessly, something like this: qAF...
So I'm stuck...

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
hey, i found this on youtube, and when i went back to try and find it again it seemed like it vanished.
it was the most helpful thing on scripting i could find on the entire web... but i could never get it onto
the game :( in the end i used XSE instead of pokescript.
could you make similar tutorials for that? i still need help...

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
Awesome tutorials, If i hadn't have found these I probably would have given up hacking straight away!
Now I use XSE, but I'll still use PS for things I can't do in XSE, like camera moving :D
Keep up the awesome videos :)

PS. Good luck on Pokemon White :D

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Awesome tutorials, If i hadn't have found these I probably would have given up hacking straight away!
Now I use XSE, but I'll still use PS for things I can't do in XSE, like camera moving :D
Keep up the awesome videos :)

PS. Good luck on Pokemon White :D

You can move the camera in XSE as well, there is no difference between the two...

Code:
//This script, is an example of moving the camera in
//XSE. (Since anything in PS can be done in XSE lol)
//--------------------------------------------------
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
special 0x113              //This Special will ENABLE use of applymovement 0x7F (Camera...)
applymovement 0x7F @move1     //This moves the camera (0x7F) up 3 spaces
waitmovement 0x0
message @helloworld 0x6
applymovement 0x7F @move2     //This moves the camera (0x7F) down 3 spaces
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114               //This special ENDS the usage of the camera  (Camera must be over player to work)
release
end

#org @move1
0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE
//The movements in this script are for FIRE RED, and LEAF GREEN, R/S/E use different
//movement numbers, if you wish to use this script in R/S/E, please change the numbers
//of the movements accordingly!

#org @move2
0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE

#org @helloworld
= Hello world!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2010
request you should do a tut on how to make a script to sell stuff

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I would be great, if you create the video about how to program "Boss fights" like Marowak in the first generation and "ghost" like unseen ghastlies(where pokemon cry and can't fight the enemy)

P.S And maybe some camera lessons would be good. How to move camera on another position, or create some spacial effects on camera

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
I would be great, if you create the video about how to program "Boss fights" like Marowak in the first generation and "ghost" like unseen ghastlies(where pokemon cry and can't fight the enemy)

P.S And maybe some camera lessons would be good. How to move camera on another position, or create some spacial effects on camera

Well these fancy new programs I've actually never used before. I do have a tutorial on camera movement, however.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
you should do a tut on how to make an event like the boat
how it can take you to a new area or something

Last edited:

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
You should definitely do a tutorial on trainer gender based events. Such as if you chose to play as a girl, one thing occurs, and if you chose to play as a boy, another happens.

PokeStoneR

Soul Master
Years
These HD Video's on scripting are by far the best I have ever seen, and the same time the most helpful.

With great music and easy-to-follow guides, you have created a great beginner tutorial on scripting.

Thank You.

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
hey Foullump,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you, for your tutorials, without them I would never have gotten into hacking!

So THANK YOU!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Excellent tutorial. I'm gonna try to learn this stuff in my free time. I want to try my hand at a hack. Haha

Years
Yo, Foullump.

Loving the tutorials, but I have a request. Is it possible to make a script so the player can do an in-game trade with an NPC? And if so, is it possible to customize the trade like the asking pokemon, the nickname, the item they have, etc? That would be cool.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
Foullump you still checking this? xD, i cant find any good way to learn how to use movecamera scripts buttt i also like the idea above this comment(about in-game trades)

sooooo is it possible for you to show how to make those?

Back