• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Making a list of imprinted stamped numbers on original carts - Please Help!!

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
For several years now I have been trying to track down and locate a complete list of all known original cart imprinted numbers. So far, none has surfaced except for the ones I have have below. This list comes from my own personal research, and I have had a youtube video on it. However, I know I have missed some, and I want your input for the following things:

Please tell me:
Region - Currently my list ONLY consist of US released numbers
Imprinted Number - My list is below, and I want to have a more specific list. Not a range (20-22)
ERSB Color - The ESRB can be either WHITE E (earliest versions of the games) or BLACK E
Pokemon Game - Either Red, Blue, Yellow or Green (JPN)
And if possible please include a picture of your cart showing off the number and the E.

Thank you all for your help! And as I have said, here is the complete list SO FAR that I have put together from researching.
I will update it as I can. Please continue to post this thread up so we can have a completed record for history and verification purposes :)

Red
00-00A
11-11A
12-12A
22-22A
34-34A
1M

Blue
00-00A
12-12A
20-20A
22-22A
34-34A

Yellow
00-00C
11-11D
20-20C
22-22E
34-34D

[/SPOILER]

Red
US - 09 - ??
US - 11 - WE
US - 20 - WE

Blue
US - 00 - BE
US - 00 - WE
US - 20 - WE
US - 34 - WE

Yellow
US - 12 - WE
US - 13 - ??
US - 34 - BE
US - 34 - WE
US - 3__ - BE

Attachments

• imprint and E Blue.JPG
    imprint and E Blue.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
  • imprint and E Red.JPG
    imprint and E Red.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 6
  • imprint and E Yellow.JPG
    imprint and E Yellow.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
EXAMPLE:

Region: US
Imprinted Number: 20
ERSB - White E
Game: Blue

OR

US - 20 - WE - Blue

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 5

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
idk if it's gonna be any use to you, but I still have my Yellow cartridge:

Spoiler:

Imprinted Number: 34
ESRB: Black E
Game: Yellow

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
On the following I have popped all of these bad-boys open and confirmed that they are all legit (I had to change the batteries) all from the US

Blue: 00-WE
Red: 20-WE
Yellow: 34-WE
Yellow: 3-BE

My last one does not match any of your list, but I can confirm its legit not only that I opened it up, but its actually my ORIGINAL pokemon game I opened back in 2000.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Thank you! I have a question, the solitary numbers, is there just that one number or could it possibly be a 1 that didnt imprint properly?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
Thank you! I have a question, the solitary numbers, is there just that one number or could it possibly be a 1 that didnt imprint properly?

The 2 is a 20, sorry that was a typo.

As for my old yellow, I don't know, maybe? Its definently not 3_ anything, but they may be something in front of the 3.

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 23, 2021
Hello! Came from your YouTube comments to post this!

Imprinted Number: 11
ESRB: Black
Game: Yellow

Cant upload pics from phone but I'm staring right at it. :) hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 25, 2021
Hello! I am coming from YouTube.

What do you know about the numbers on Pokémon Silver? Are they the same as the rest? My number is 34

Also if by any chance can you link me a Pokémon Blue or Silver from eBay that is authentic? I am looking to purchase some soon.

Back