• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Get a fresh copy of flora sky then try again, this time write down the steps you took to do it. I can only help if i know how to.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Sure. Here's the Details log:
Spoiler:

And here's what my shiny sprite looks like, if you think it may be causing the error:
Spoiler:

Edit: I just made the shiny look the same as the normal sprite, just to put an okay looking sprite in there, but same error. Hm

Here's the thread I made: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302311

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Everytime I try to save my hacked game it says "save error. Please exchange the backup memory." I'm very close to finishing my hack and need a few things left and this is one and then I'll be close to being done. Any ideas? Also it makes a .sav file but it won't let me load it when go to load.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Thats not a rom problem, its a vba problem. If you ever played Fr or Lg on an emulator you know you need to change the save type to flash 128k in vba options. So its not your fault, just an emulation error.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Is there a way to change the bottom of the title screen where it says 2004 Gamefreak? I figured out how to change the gamefreak during the bootup but not at the actual title screen.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
So, you want to be able to go back and select a different gender later? I'm slightly confused....

Uh, like in Ruby/Sapphire we can cancel choice and go back and choose and choose another. Suppose I think the Boy doesn't look good, then I want to go back by pressing B Button. So now I can choose Boy/Girl again. How to do it...?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Uh, like in Ruby/Sapphire we can cancel choice and go back and choose and choose another. Suppose I think the Boy doesn't look good, then I want to go back by pressing B Button. So now I can choose Boy/Girl again. How to do it...?

Oh, oh, oh. That would require a little ASM to check if the "b" button is pressed on the screen and to go back to the selection screen.

Is there a way to change the bottom of the title screen where it says 2004 Gamefreak? I figured out how to change the gamefreak during the bootup but not at the actual title screen.

Yes, it is in UnLz and it is uncompressed. It may be tough to find, but put Unlz in grey scale mode and you should be able to find it a little easier.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Where is a good place to start to learn how to locate information in VBA. Say I want to find the animation 'ember' was used. I have no clue where to start..

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Where is a good place to start to learn how to locate information in VBA. Say I want to find the animation 'ember' was used. I have no clue where to start..

For that, we already know. Go to Chaos Rush's creating battle animations thread and it will tell you how to find it. For other things, you can use the cheat finder or the memory finder in combination with the the graphic viewing windows.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Oh, oh, oh. That would require a little ASM to check if the "b" button is pressed on the screen and to go back to the selection screen.

Yes, it is in UnLz and it is uncompressed. It may be tough to find, but put Unlz in grey scale mode and you should be able to find it a little easier.

Would it be 206 in UNLZ where it says "2004 pokemon 1995-Nintendo Creatures inc. GAME FREAK inc."? Would a pic help better?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
How do i change the Pokemon name in Pokedex?

Well i finally managed to figure out how to add my own sprite into Pokemon Emerald rom successfully. Now how do i change the Pokedex name entry for the new Pokemon?

I swapped out Ivysaur for Torterra.
When i go to the Pokedex entry for Ivysaur it still says ivysaur. How can i change the species name so it says Torterra?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Is there anyway to not allow people to enter cheats in the game? I'm making a game or switching some things around in my FR and plan on having a little competition with my friends and wanna make sure no one cheats to win lol is there a particular script or setting?

You could make a few map script in your game, each checking for anything out of the ordinary and then by just locking the player on the screen, which will freeze the game.

eg...

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem RARECANDY 0x20 (use the item index number) \\checks if there's 32 rarecandies
if B_>> goto @cheated \\if there's more then goto another script, if not continue
end \\ends the script

#org @cheated
lock \\will freeze the game
end

You can also reset the game with 'special 0x10F' but these suggestions are a very rough way around doing your goal.You can check for Pokemon as well.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Theres also a special that checks for illegal pokemon. Check the union room script.

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Has anyone found a way to skip past the boy/girl choice in the beginning of FireRed / LeafGreen? For my romhack, I need the player to be male for story purposes. I saw this done in Metapod23's AshGray game, but I have no idea how he went about doing so.

(I asked this a few months ago, but I figure there's some new people around to help me out by now, so sorry for repeating my question)

Even if nobody knows, could you point me towards somebody who could help?
Thanks!

GoGoJJTech

Years
You could open the game in vba sdl h and locate the routine. Then disable it and set the Boy as the gender. Worth a shot.

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
You could open the game in vba sdl h and locate the routine. Then disable it and set the Boy as the gender. Worth a shot.

Ahh! Thanks for the quick reply!
I've never worked with that though, could you go a little more in-depth for a noob like me or point me towards a tutorial? I'd really appreciate any additional help you could give me.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Press F11 to access the debugger, and you can see what is going on in-game. Find what you need, then go into the rom and change it, or create your own ASM routine. You could also check out how ash-gray does it, and try to duplicate it if it's alright with metapod.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
You could make a few map script in your game, each checking for anything out of the ordinary and then by just locking the player on the screen, which will freeze the game.

eg...

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem RARECANDY 0x20 (use the item index number) \\checks if there's 32 rarecandies
if B_>> goto @cheated \\if there's more then goto another script, if not continue
end \\ends the script

#org @cheated
lock \\will freeze the game
end

You can also reset the game with 'special 0x10F' but these suggestions are a very rough way around doing your goal.You can check for Pokemon as well.
Where would I enter this at? I know I'd enter it at XSE but when I go to put it in Advanced map where would I enter it at?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Go to header in advance map then add a map script. Check a tutorial on this. Also the game has a special command to check for illegal pokemon so you should add that special as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back