• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The stongest and weakest pokemon

Tsunamilord

Dark lord of the Seas
Years
i think the strongest is Ditto. Now really its like haveing the same pokemon as your opponent.The weakest would be Ratata. Come on hes just a rodent.

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
Years
In my opinion Ditto is not the strongest pokemon becuase of its abilitie. Say your opponent uses a Metepod. then what? That being said the weakest pokemon is either Metapod or Kakuna. The strongest is..............Lugia.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
strongest- unknown

weakest- weedle, caterpie, metapod, kakuna, magikarp, wurmple, silcoon, cascoon

have fun with ditto... i'll love to see how Ditto will live against Mr.Mime (with TrickBand of course ;p)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
I think it's really selfish to list unevolved as the weakest. They're SOPPOSED to be weak. Some of the weakest one-stage or evolved Pokemon are Azumarril (though it gets pure power in rs), Ditto, Chimecho, Ledian (though it can baton pass, it can't really fight), Dustox, and some others I'm too lazy to list.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
no no... like comparing unevolved ones (like the little Cup thingie in Stadium) they're the weakest out of the unevolved ones... well they're too weak to even participate so too bad XD.

If we count the fully evolved ones... then sadly most likely the bug types (poor buggies always got the crap stats), and the filler normal/water types (Luvdisc, Dunsparce and etc... though for a while I did hear something about "Doomsparce" but never got to hear the moveset for it)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
however... stats don't matter sometimes... we all know that Sunkern can beat a Caterpie despite of Sunkern having the absolute lowest stats in the game for example. Though most of the time it plays a big part.

Tsunamilord

Dark lord of the Seas
Years
Yeah but i dont like to follow the stats,its best just to let whatever happens happens.And sunkern has gotten me through many-a-tight spot in pokemon

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
frostweaver said:
however... stats don't matter sometimes... we all know that Sunkern can beat a Caterpie despite of Sunkern having the absolute lowest stats in the game for example. Though most of the time it plays a big part.
Yes, but Mewtwo and Curselax together require an entire anti-team for just the two of them, and the opponent is free to choose for other Pok?mon that are good against the antis of previously said broken Pok?mon.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
can always just wish for the 33% chance with my favorite Articuno to do the job ;p

See Curselax is one of those pokemon that is powerful regardless of stats. It's a tank regardless of the low low defense (i don't even know why... calculations and math all point "Snorlax sucks in physical" but in action that's not the truth). Hmm... I guess only a charged up Zangoose with brick break and shadowball may stand a chance...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Weakest:Ditto, you know why? Well one word "Pressure". This ability will kill it easy.

Strongest:Ninjask, nuff said peeps.

Curselax:Its simple to kill, "Cross Chop", "Parish Trap". It stands no chance.

Mewtwo:T-wave, attack it a bit. Then if you don't survive send in Heracross/Rhydon "Megahorn", game.

Years
Personally,I think it depends completely on the situation that you're in.Mewtwo can be brung down by a luck-of-the-draw 1hitKO..(had to learn that the hard way in pokemon stadium.. xD; eek!)
Ninjask is indeed fairly cool with that wonder guard or whatever it's called thing,but it has too many weaknesses...say..you're in a fight with a Ninjask and another ghost pokemon,or fire maybe?Eek...-watches it fall over dead-
:paranoid: Wait...isn't it already dead?
I guess stat-wise,most people would say a legendary is the strongest,but I like to win with my favorites more than anything. :)
If I had to choose what I thought was the weakest,it'd be either Sunkern or Wurmple.They're both so cute though. :\

Last edited:

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
I think that the strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo and there is a three way tie for the weakest: Magikarp, Kakuna, and Metapod. :shocked:

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
I personally dislike categorising Pokemon into 'strongest and weak'. You should go with your favourites... However, if I had to categorise, the weakest would be Magikarp in my opinion. Strongest is highly debatable... if we're talking in like the movies, and TV Series, then Mewtwo would be the strongest as he can er... deflect practically every attack? X_x

But in the games, I would have no idea....

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Optic said:
I personally dislike categorising Pokemon into 'strongest and weak'. You should go with your favourites... However, if I had to categorise, the weakest would be Magikarp in my opinion. Strongest is highly debatable... if we're talking in like the movies, and TV Series, then Mewtwo would be the strongest as he can er... deflect practically every attack? X_x

But in the games, I would have no idea....

In the game, it's probaly Mew. It can learn every tm's and has crazy stats. Or it can be Rayquaza. Either both of them. the weakest is definately a Metapod.... It can't do anything except increasing it's attack.

Novastorm

Resident Pyromancer
Years
OK, for me Wynaut/Wobuffet have to be the most useless of all Pkmn, and as for the strongest, it depends on what stat' raising items you give your Pokee, but for me, it would have to be... Heck, how could I just choose one?!

Porygon

Banned
Years
Vai Fox said:
?Ninjask is indeed fairly cool with that wonder guard or whatever it's called thing,but it has too many weaknesses...say..you're in a fight with a Ninjask and another ghost pokemon,or fire maybe?Eek...-watches it fall over dead-
:paranoid: Wait...isn't it already dead??
*puts on geek glasses* That's Shedinja with Wonder Guard. Lol.

There is no "strongest" Pok?mon; every Pok?mon can be countered in some way, even if they can learn techniques that allow them to combat any type. Weakest Pok?mon, however, can be easily categorised by stats and movesets. Of course, when it's a L5 going up against a L55 Tyranatar, it doesn't even matter what it is. *continues to get technical* *mute button pressed* *mouths "what the heck?!?!!!????!*

Back