• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Is there a way to update to a newer version? Like going to v1.0.2 from v1.0.1 ?

Version 1.0.2 is not publicly available yet. But when it comes out, I strongly recommend playing from the beginning because we improved a lot of writing and extended a few scenes in the prologue. Also some internal variables for the newer content will be dependent on what happens in the prologue, so it'll be safer to play from the beginning.

You can still load from an auto-save file that's generated from the previous version. Just install the new version in a new folder, boot it up, delete the old version/folder and you get to keep all your old settings and saves.

But again, I strongly recommend starting from the beginning.

VisualJae

Years
Any ideas on the next release ?

#1 question you never ask about a game in development!

When a beta, next version, update, etc. is coming out.

Because if the developer(s) know when it's coming out, it would've been posted already.

That said, no idea. Hoping for February, no guarantees, but how many days do we have left? Hmm.

VisualJae

Years
I didnt mean to be rude sorry :3 i really enjoy this game so take your time! :D
No rudeness. Just so everyone knows that any questions regarding release dates, unless such a date has already been publicly posted, will never be answered.

This applies to all games, not just this one.

VisualJae

Years
DEMO VERSION 1.0.2 IS LIVE!

Download link »» bit.ly/1Q8tE1S

Pokémon Academy Life (visual novel) - DEMO VERSION 1.0.2 NOTES

IMPORTANT:
For those who have previous demo versions installed, you must start over from the beginning of the game in order to play this demo in full. Many internal variables were changed, added or removed, impacting many parts of the game. If you attempt to load an old save file, it is highly likely you will encounter bugs or your game will crash.

Plus, we rewrote some parts of the prologue section so you might as well take another ride through it!

There is no doubt that there will be some kind of bug or inconsistency somewhere in the game. If you spot anything, report it to [email protected]. Your assistance is much appreciated!

VERSION NOTES:

List of changes from 1.0.1c:
- Many prologue scenes were rewritten.
- One new scene added to the prologue.
- Several prologue scenes were overhauled or extended.
- Numerous animation transitions fixed; some may still exist.
- Various GUI elements streamlined.

New content in 1.0.2:
- New scenes that carry on through the first day of classes.
- New characters and CG art implemented.
- Huge number of alternate dialogue paths based on choices.

CLOSING WORDS:
Thanks to everyone who have offered their support. Knowing there are quite literally thousands of you out there wishing us the best keeps us going. While a single linear playthrough in this version might not last more than three hours or so depending on your reading speed, there is an insane number of different side-routes you can take. The game is still in its infancy, believe it or not, and we just managed to finish setting the foundation.

From this point forward, we will be going all-out in terms of writing for plot and story progression. Engines are also being developed to add depth to the game. The next version may take a while for release so in the meantime, play the crap out of this version, report all the bugs you encounter if you can (we'll try to implement the fixes when we can and put out a cleaned up version when possible), and stay tuned for more news.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
The update looks awesome
Can you give us a table with the types each character chose?

VisualJae

Years
The update looks awesome
Can you give us a table with the types each character chose?
Normally I would say yes for the sake of testing purposes, but in this case I would like to first let players explore on their own without guidance. For most characters you can guess what classes they'll be in based on a mix of signature Pokemon and personalities.

Perhaps after a few days I can upload a walkthrough.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
Wow guys. Just wow. I've already played through twice today trying to make as many different choices as possible and I can see myself spending hours trying to find all the little changes between paths!

I can't wait to try all of the type elective classes - so far I've done water, ground, poison and electric. The electric class had me in stitches!

Honestly amazing work, and don't worry, I will play the crap out of this demo until the next version arrives! :)

VisualJae

Years
Wow guys. Just wow. I've already played through twice today trying to make as many different choices as possible and I can see myself spending hours trying to find all the little changes between paths!

I can't wait to try all of the type elective classes - so far I've done water, ground, poison and electric. The electric class had me in stitches!

Honestly amazing work, and don't worry, I will play the crap out of this demo until the next version arrives! :)
Yeah, there are 306 variations in which you can pick the type electives and the characters may have slightly different dialogue depending on when you meet them. Obviously we couldn't cover all the combinations, but we tried to make them a little unique.

Glad you liked the Electric class. I had so much fun making that scene, but you gotta thank our writer!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Normally I would say yes for the sake of testing purposes, but in this case I would like to first let players explore on their own without guidance. For most characters you can guess what classes they'll be in based on a mix of signature Pokemon and personalities.

Perhaps after a few days I can upload a walkthrough.
That´s ok. Everything will be a surprise from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
This post is including plot and gameplay elements of the new beta,
so if you don't want to spoil yourself too much you might want to skip my post ^^

One thing that I was a bit confused by was the fact how Red chooses his seats,
when there's two familiar faces in one of his classes.
It makes sense that letting the player choose would create many more possibilities
of how the conversations in class go but I felt like his dicisions were a bit weird.

I'm going to referr to a certain scene here, so again, you have been warned :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Wow been a while since I was able to be on pokecommunity, been busy with school but things have kick off for you man. I am glad this visual novel is getting more views. :), best of luck to you.

Years
I just finished the demo! It is very awesome, interactive, and creative. I plan to do other paths in the future while I wait for the next demo to come out. That will probably be in a while. Great work, keep it up!

Back