• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

How is it all going to end?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Caution: Highly speculative topic.

So, we all know that the anime will not last forever, sadly. Some day, it will have to end. Possibly after the Unova arc (Highly unlikely), or maybe after the 6th or even 7th arc. Who knows?

However, I do have this question that has been floating in my mind for a quite a while now, and I thought I'd ask you guys ;D Now I don't know if this has been asked before, and if I had to guess I'd say it was, but regardless, here we are.

How do you think the anime should end? How do you think the anime will end?
Will Ash finally become a Pokémon Master? Or will they leave an open horizon for numerous possibilities?
Do you think Ash will ever meet his father? Will he ever give up?

There are numerous ways you can interpret the end of the anime, so go ahead and speculate! (:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Well, the most likely/possible ending would be all-grown-up Ash becoming a Pokemon Master and his friends achieving success in whatever goals they have been pursuing throughout the series. Ash should be much more mature in his battling style and not be as if he had never battled before in his life like in the beginning of every new season. Perhaps there will be a full-out showdown between the best of champions such as Cynthia etc. against Ash and Ash will come out victorious at the end. Perhaps Ash's father would be revealed to be someone nobody would have ever thought of and everyone's mind = blown.

Well, it is a kids' show after all. They'll have to make the protagonist win, or else the kids will not like it much at all.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Despite the fact that what I'm about to say is a bit harsh, Ash shouldn't be Pokemon master. He hasn't learned anything, imo. But if he does, I stand corrected.

The obvious ending to the anime would be "everyone achieved what they wanted to achieve" and "everyone lived happily ever after." Though corny as it may seem, Japanese people prefer happy endings.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
It will as everybody has said, him becoming a Pokémon master. It's just how these things go.The Pokémon Company will probably try to satisfy it's fans by making the anime go for as long as possible. I will probably end with him winning one of the championships, then trying to win all of the regions championships again. They will probably also show Ash having all of the Pokémon, since that is what the creators promised Ash would do. And maybe some unknown secrets might be revealed.

It might be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Sirfetch’d

I don't think he will ever be a Pokemon Master. He couldn't beat a newly hatched Snivy with a Pikachu that in the games would be lv.100. I think It will end somewhere in Kanto. Misty and Brock will both make an appearance and possible May, Dawn, Tracey..etc. I think it will end with a extended show, possibly a movie. Ash or Pikachu will have a near death experience and it will be a real intense episode leaving you at the end hanging wondering what would have happened next.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well first he has to beat a Pokemon League and then he will have to face the Champion's League. I think in one episode he will see his dad and he will have to defeat him to become a master. It would be nice to end the saga with all his friends traveling with him. But that is a little too many.

The best ending would be this last saga.

Team Rocket finally starts to take over. The leaders become rebels and Team Rocket Leaders will battle you for a badge. If you lose,you lose your pokemon. Ash will have to team up with May,Brock,Misty,Dawn,Cilan,and Iris and maybe old rivals as well to bring Team Rocket to the ground and all regions. After Ash saves his friends and his and their pokemon and gets all the badges,they will head to where ever the biggest TR HQ is and have to battle like a Pokemon League in order to get to Givonni or a higher leader,maybe his dad. People will try to save them and enter,and he will have to battle aginst others with what he is fighting for and the people who lose and stood aginist TR would be punished and pokemon taken away. Then when all of Team Rockets teams up on Ash,Jessie James and Meowth will turn good and turn on Team Rocket and all of his friends he has met would help him. And once he beats his father,someone the champions couldn't beat.he will become known as a pokemon master and finally see which girl he falls for.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Despite the fact that what I'm about to say is a bit harsh, Ash shouldn't be Pokemon master. He hasn't learned anything, imo. But if he does, I stand corrected.

The obvious ending to the anime would be "everyone achieved what they wanted to achieve" and "everyone lived happily ever after." Though corny as it may seem, Japanese people prefer happy endings.

Ever saw the ending of Death Note? lmao, nothing happy about that one haha.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
We will see an aging Ash waving his hand in a farwell signature to his son who is going to be a Pokémon master!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I don't think the anime is going to be ending any time soon- it's almost guaranteed to keep going as long as the franchise exists, and there don't seem to be any problems on that front, so there you go. As for how it ends... I'm gonna be like everyone else and say it'll end with Ash becoming a Pokemon Master. But after that, I can see him deciding to keep traveling anyway, so that the show has kind of an open ending.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
We will see an aging Ash waving his hand in a farwell signature to his son who is going to be a Pokémon master!
wut O.o

------

I'm definitely gonna cry when the Pokemon franchise as a whole ends, hopefully it happens sometime after I grow way out of it (And at this point I doubt that'll ever happen u_u).

For what I think (And I was trying to sleep when I posted the thread which is why I didn't mention this then xD), I think the anime should end like this:
Something very exotice will happen. Think about it, people would go crazy if the ending was left open, I mean this is a kid's show after all. And the franchise just abruptly ending with something cliche or very predictable like Ash becoming a Pokemon Master would be dull. I think they'll try something new, something like the battle frontier. Ash challenges the Pokemon League once more, reaches the finals this time, and at the last second, Team Rocket barge in and cause chaos. Then there's probably a whole season about stopping Team Rocket after Ash forfeited the match in order to stop them (This could be played around with a bit). Team Rocket would have a scheme bigger than any of their previous ones and they'd be after something, huge. Eventually, as mentioned, the Team Rocket Trio (Jessie, James, and Meowth) after witnessing their boss's total disregard for their safety or being, will turn sides and help Ash stop a now over-powered Giovanni and his admins/grunts.

Eventually, Ash alone is the one to stop Giovanni and save the world, and so he is offered the title of Pokemon Master because of all his effort into saving the world and forfeiting the Pokemon League's final match for that purpose. He considers it, but then declines because of his love for the life on the road, and he just walks into the horizon to challenge yet another another Pokemon League Championship.

How the anime will end:
Ash will become a Pokemon Master. (:

v_v

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Realistically...They'll keep the anime going for as many generations of new games as they can come up with until they start repeating plots, then the Anime will fall into an indefinate hiatus halfway through one of the Generations, never to be picked up again.

Seen a few do this which were closed a few months later by a very fast falling final arc that's usually halfway through the story.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
I believe its going to end once Ash becomes a League Master and has beaten every league.

Either that, or its when Ash finally gets killed by a legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
When Ash finally wins the league. Or when Team Rocket rules the world.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
How do you think the anime should end? How do you think the anime will end?
I would first want them to gradually show him progressing upon ever Saga and now digressing into some noob as well as Pikachu, so basically stop nerfing Ash/Pikachu especially like they did after DP. Now that Ash would be progressing would could actually see more of a development of him as a trainer and a person. Going with that his battling becomes more refined and he wins major competitions such as leagues. After he obtains a certain amount of accolades then the show eventually wines down he meets his traveling companions and they have a big reunion party then all his loose ends are tied up. How it will end though, I wouldn't be surprised if they run it into the ground trying to repeat the same stuff they are doing, the ratings represent peoples lack of interest then they abruptly can it.

Will Ash finally become a Pokémon Master? Or will they leave an open horizon for numerous possibilities?
First they need to clearly define what a Pokemon Master is too Ash. Is it winning leagues? Is it becoming a Champ? Is it a combination of being knowledgeable in every facet of Pokemon related things? Probably more along the lines of numerous possibilities as Pokemon Master is so subjective.

Do you think Ash will ever meet his father? Will he ever give up?
According to a story boarder, it depends if they will use him in farther maturing Ash. So this all bears on will we see the development I was alluding to earlier. For Ash dad to come about I think he would indeed need to keep going forward and the writers would have to allow that and now keep resetting him. At this point though its quite unforeseen when or if this will happen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The ending will probably have something to do with disbanding/destroying Team Rocket by Ash or some other protagonist or a team of good guys.:\

As for Ash winning the league he has gotten closer to winning after each region so he might actually win...eventually.

Back