• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shadow (Recruting)

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
Introduction:
Hello,Pokecommunity!This is The1337Spriter and I wanted to make a ROM Hacking team!This team focuses on making games about Shadow Pokemon!We are pretty nice and good people to get along with!This is something good for ROM Hacking noobies too,since I will train you to the fullest extent in any category you want accept Scripting and Music Editing.We love to joke around,have fun ROM Hacking,and just chatting around!Almost anyone can join!

Restrictions:
Don't be mean or prick like.

Training Areas:
Text Editing
Mapping
Trainer Editing
Pokemon Editing
Spriting

Current Project:
Pokemon Darkness
Version 1.0
Introduction to ROM Hack:You start out in the town of LITLLEDARK,which is a town that has been devestated by the XD001 attacks(Shadow Lugia). Almost immediately, you are recruited into THE COMBATER OF DARKNESS or C.O.D.You are sent in as an agent,whose mission is to infiltrate and destroy CYPHER!Beware though,CYPHER has gotten lower and eviler than ever!

About Me:
I wanted to develop a pokemon game since I was 4 years old!I have figured out how to 2-5 weeks ago,and it is a dream come true for me!I love joking around(My jokes my be accidentally offending sometimes.),chat,and ROM Hack and play pokemon games of all sort!I especially love Pokemon Ruby Destiny:Reign of Legends,and that's what encouraged me to learn how to ROM Hack!

Team Application:
Specialty:
What you want to be trained on:
What will you do to ROM Hack with us:
ROM Hacking Since:
Proof of work(Not Necessary!)

What positions are available:
Mapping
Scripting
Pokemon Editing
Text Editing
Story-lining
Spriter
Titlescreen Editor

BTW,you will need the software Teamviewer7.7 downloaded after you join because it makes file transfer between members really easy!

Last edited:

NightkymZ

Ultimate Tiles Matcher
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Okey man...I only can help you about the tileset which can looks better graphic than pkmn ruby.So,see my link below and pm me if you deal(Only insert tileset and mappers) with me.
Name:NightkymZ
Prooof:See at the link
Online:Everydays

Tohoma

XSE School of Script Graduate
Years
Team Application
Name: Tohoma
Specialty: Scripting
What you want to be trained on: Not really interested in picking up a side trait but if anything I guess it would be Spriting
What will you do to ROM Hack with us: Basically Script anything from simple dialogue to events.
ROM Hacking Since: August 2012
Proof of work(Not Necessary!): My post count isn't high enough to input pictures but if you want I could pm some pictures to you.

ℨᶾanana

✪ Dragons Lead ✪
Years
Name: KiraKonGxi (you can call me Kira)
Specialty: Mapping and Pokemon Editing
ROM Hacking Since: Augast 2010
Proof of work(Not Necessary!):

[The Rock and the Hill Just ignore -.- i forget to put it]
PM me if you want to see Pokemon Edit

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
The jobs taken are tilesetter,mapper,and scripter!The positions left are :
Pokemon Editing
Text Editing
Story-lining
Spriter
Titlescreen Editor

Hey,Kira.Do you want to start ROM Hacking,now?

Last edited:

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
I now will need to post some rules before joining the team.
1:Long Periods of Time of Inactivity will result in ban.(1 week)
2:Getting randomly pissed off and leaving will get you banned.(Depends on Age)
3:Near younger members,don't show/talk pournographic/offensive materials.(I will let you know of those members.)
4:BE NICE!

Guys,I really need help with the project since no one but me is showing a work effort/showing up.....
I would appreciate if some people joined and helped,and at least gave effort.

New starters have been made in this game and they are pretty cool.They are light versions of Palkia,Dialga,and Lugia!They are weak at first,and hard to train,but their true power will come out after a couple of levels!Here they are:
View attachment 66563

View attachment 66564

View attachment 66565

Last edited by a moderator:

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
Sorry people,but due to my laptop crashing due to many Trojan horses,I have canceled project darkness.Sorry,folks........

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
Specialty:Text-editing pokemon editing
What you want to be trained on:Nothing but if i did it be scripting
What will you do to ROM Hack with us:I will do anything you need me to do
ROM Hacking Since:08/23/11
Proof of work(Not Necessary!):I don't have any pics to show sorry

other info:I am working on other hacks at the time as well so i might be a little late with some things

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
Guys,I've gotten the thread restarted,and I have the new positions available.
Scripting
Tilesetter
Mapper
Story-lining

Scripting will definantly be needed,since we have a bug with event pokemon.
Mappers will be needed,since I honestly can't make a good map,even though that I know how to make a map.
Tilesetters will be needed,since I want the game looking a bit cleaner and newer!
Story-liners will be needed,because me and a friend can't just come up with an entire storyline that easily,right?

Please,get these positions.I could pretty much do everything else,but these five positions.Oh,and guys,thanks for making this a hot thread!

Also,we have recently fixed two gigantic bugs in the game!One made it so you couldn't insert a new title screen and mixed up other pictures' code,and the other glitch made random wild pokemon spawn.I pretty much redid the whole game from scratch in one day.Of course,we haven't made it that far in the game yet.

The glitch with the event pokemon we were talking about was something to do with them coming back after you catching it/k.o.ing it/or you being defeated from it.

Just to be mean,I have made the capture rate of shadow event pokemon to have a capture rate of 1.
This will give us a 1/65565 chance of a master ball missing on one of these shadow event pokemon.:)
Another thing I will do after we finish the game is to make it un-gamehsharkable.:)We will change the Game ID so it won't work with gameshark anymore,unless you cracked the code,like Datel did.:)Happy trails!

Also,members of the ROM Hack team will now need the newest version of TeamViewer,which is TeamViewer 8!

NOTE: Don't worry,there will be multiple master balls within this game!
Oh,and another thing,I DARE you to try to catch a Shadow event pokemon with an ultra ball!
Against Shadow Lugia however,use a master ball!It is garunteed the 1 hit ko you,with any pokemon,and its stats are in the 400-600's,so do yourself a favor,and use a master ball!

Last edited:

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Specialty:Spriting. Story making.
What you want to be trained on:Spriting ( I'm really good. Just want to improve.) and mapping.
What will you do to ROM Hack with us:Uhh... Spread your team's name?
ROM Hacking Since:Uhhh... SPRITING since about a year
Proof of work(Not Necessary!):photobucket.org (search wasay3.)

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
BlueEon,you have been accepted!I can make a good story line,but I run out of ideas and get story-writer's block sometimes.Thanks a lot!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Specialty: Story making.
What you want to be trained on: Scripting/mapping so i can help with more then just story making.
What will you do to ROM Hack with us: I will improve myself if accepted and if this game is finished spread the word.
ROM Hacking Since: Have never hacked a rom i have made some maps but never finished and implemented into a ROM before.
Proof of work(Not Necessary!): N/A

I don't know alot about ROM hacking but i have been reading ima total noob when it comes to it BUT i have the time on my hands(more then alot others)to learn if someone is willing to teach me.

Years
Specialty: scripting\mapping
What you want to be trained on: world map, title screen
What will you do to ROM Hack with us: i have a lot of spare time so asinine me and ill get to work ;)
ROM Hacking Since: ive hacked fire red and emerald roms for practice but wont to do something for real
Proof of work(Not Necessary!): N/A
I'm technically new but have been practicing and be leave i can be an assets.

The1337Spriter

Pokemon Master
Years
Alright,I know nothing about scripting,but have a text editor that edits it for you.Winjungj,you will be accepted as a story maker.Blazeikenboy,you will be accepted as a map editor,also the project will fully be active again at March the 1st.Thank you for joining!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
if not to late i would like to join

Specialty:scripting
What you want to be trained on: events but i can do it myself if needed
What will you do to ROM Hack with us:some intermediate scripting
ROM Hacking Since:3 months
Proof of work(Not Necessary!)none

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Deleted by BlueEon. Already Applied.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
would like to join (ps:still a rookie at rom hacking)
Specialty:story making?
What you want to be trained on:pokemon editting
What will you do to ROM Hack with us:story making and adding pokemon
ROM Hacking Since:2013 been training secretly for a few months
Proof of work(Not Necessary!):nope my work all been deleted because they are failed works

Back