• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Alright, I've decided to to Pokemon Red as the next chapter of Solo Dratini. I do have one question before I get down to it though;

Due to Dratini's horrible level-up movepool, Brock will... not necessarily be hard, but very very tedious, as my only moves are Wrap, Leer, and Thunder Wave (unless I wanted to grind to Lv 30 to learn... Slam... or Dragon Rage at... Lv 40...) which means the battle would entirely be "Leer 6 times on both Pokemon, then Wrap to death."

However, in RBY, there's a glitch that lets you skip past Brock and go to Mt. Moon without fighting him. I would still fight Brock before Misty; however, in the first room of Mt. Moon, there's a Water Gun TM that would help out immensely in the gym. I'm not sure if it qualifies as "cheating" though, as it does not require any sort of outside device to accomplish, as it is simply an oversight in the programming. So then would I be allowed to glitch into Mt. Moon and get Water Gun before fighting Brock, or not?

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
As James pointed out before Hitmonlee learns Foresight by leveling up at level 36. Thus allowing you to only have to use Hitmonlee.

Nice, nice! I'll follow your advice and move on with the challenge, thank you! I'll provide an update later on. :)

EDIT: Update #4

Man, what a huge update I have for you! Thanks to lots of boredom, speed button, and a new strategy to get past Ghost-type, I made my way to... well, Mt. Silver. :D

We had a long (actually, short :P) journey across two regions, sixteen gym badges and lots of trainers. Only bad thing is: why doesn't Hitmonlee learn Earthquake in Gen II? :(

121x24o.png
1zxqxax.png

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Well, here's my final update on my Charizard Crystal solo run. I defeated Red and finished the game.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Charizard (M) @ Lv.81
Item: Charcoal
Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Rage
Wing Attack

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Alright, I've decided to to Pokemon Red as the next chapter of Solo Dratini. I do have one question before I get down to it though;

Due to Dratini's horrible level-up movepool, Brock will... not necessarily be hard, but very very tedious, as my only moves are Wrap, Leer, and Thunder Wave (unless I wanted to grind to Lv 30 to learn... Slam... or Dragon Rage at... Lv 40...) which means the battle would entirely be "Leer 6 times on both Pokemon, then Wrap to death."

However, in RBY, there's a glitch that lets you skip past Brock and go to Mt. Moon without fighting him. I would still fight Brock before Misty; however, in the first room of Mt. Moon, there's a Water Gun TM that would help out immensely in the gym. I'm not sure if it qualifies as "cheating" though, as it does not require any sort of outside device to accomplish, as it is simply an oversight in the programming. So then would I be allowed to glitch into Mt. Moon and get Water Gun before fighting Brock, or not?

I know how much of a pain it is to grind so I completely understand where you're coming from, and grinding to level 30-40 just to beat Brock would be ridiculous. Also both of Brock's Pokemon know Defense Curl so the plan of using Leer to get -6 Defense won't really work out. Sooooo, I will allow this. But. After beating Brock try not to use Water Gun until you fairly get to the location in Mt. Moon that it can be obtained.

Sorry for making you wait for my reply when you could have already made a lot of progress.

Small Announcement

Hey everyone,

Sorry if updates seem a bit slower than usual. I've just been swamped with school work, I'm in my first year of college, and right now it's 2:30am and I'm still up doing homework. Also I have a job interview Friday so if I get the job updates may be even slower. BUT! I will do my best to update at least once a week.

Good luck on your challenges everyone, and have fun! :D

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so finally complete Ultimate Nidoqueen run... And I totally forget on screenshot :( But, at least, there is final Nidoqueen:

031.gif

Ivy
Lvl. 81
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake​

I must say that this was really fun and I will return for sure for another Solo run.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Well... I may have exaggerated a bit with Brock. There's no doubt that Water Gun makes the battle extremely easy. However, it is still quite doable without it because Wrap is horribly broken.

Spoiler:

2cVrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
CHscC3K.png

07AfoRa.png

Seraph, Dratini Lv 14
>Wrap
>Leer
>Thunder Wave
>Water Gun

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I'm signing up for the next one, again.
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Pidgeot
Challenge: Single
Game: Fire Red

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Username:PokeChalenger217
Pokemon:Aerodactyl
Challenge:Ultimate
Games:Blue, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black 2
I hope this challenge will not be too difficult.

Edit: I defeated Brock and have my first badge.
I started my game and named myself Jason and picked Charmander on purpose. I beat my rival with 7 HP left and did the rest of the beginning stuff. When I got access to Poke balls, I hacked Aerodactyl into the wild. Alot of scratches and 3 Pokeballs later, Aerodactyl is caught. Aerodactyl was nicknamed Aero after Red's Aerodactyl in Pokemon Adventures. With lots of time spent grinding to level 10, I faced my rival and whipped him easily. Viridian Forest was just as easy as my rival, with no trouble at all. Immediately after arriving in Pewter City, I challenged the gym. Easily leaving the gym trainer in the dust, Brock was my last challenge for badge one. Surprising, Aero and I beat up Brock, despite being only level 12. One badge down, 7 to go.

Wing Attack
Agility

Now it is time to start thinking about move sets for Aerodactyl.

Last edited:

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Well it's been some time...
Fire Red Update 4

Beat Koga
Pokemon_Fire_Red_1380439477800.png

About to face Blaine, so I'll probably update this in due time

I also started Black 2, so I'll just do an update for that too.

Black 2 Update 1

Like I said for the Beldum run I absolutely failed (twice!), I couldn't get the Swinub until I beat Cheren

Beat Roxie
(Horrible picture ftw)
IMG_20131004_165411.jpg

I'll try to get better pics later on

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Update #2
I left off when Aero destroyed Brock without using a potion, and I won my first badge in Kanto. Immediately, I headed to the Pokemon Center and healed Aero. Within a couple hours of heading back to the Pokemon Center every ten minutes because of PP issues with Wing Attack, I reached Cerulean City. With some refreshing air, Aero and I decided to beat the Nugget Bridge trainers, but first, my rival wanted a battle, which went something like this:
Aero VS Pidgeotto- Wing Attack crit hit, Sand-Attack(Pidgeotto), Wing Attack KO(Aero)
Aero VS Abra-Wing Attack crit hit OHKO
Aero VS Rattata-Wing Attack miss(Aero), Tackle crit hit(Rattata), Quick Attack crit hit(Rattata), Wing Attack miss(Aero), Quick Attack(Rattata), Wing Attack crit hit OHKO(Aero)
Aero VS Squirtle- Wing Attack crit hit(Aero), Tackle(Squirtle, what an idiot XD), Wing Attack KO(Aero)

Healing up afterwards, Aero defeated all the Nugget Bridge trainers, including the Rocket, with Aero being Lvl.22 at this point, and I should have mentioned this before, but I already defeated the two gym trainers. With all the training done, Aero and I challenge Misty to a fight. That battle went like this:
Aero VS Staryu- Wing Attack crit OHKO
Aero VS Starmie(at this point I was nervous)- Wing Attack(Aero), X Defend, Wing Attack crit hit(Aero), Bubble beam(Starmie), Wing Attack KO

Another gym badge was ours, and Aero and I waited till he next day to continue. Defeating every single trainer, I'll just skip to the two major battles:
Rival Battle#3:
Aero VS Pidgeotto- Wing Attack(Aero), Gust crit hit(Pidgeotto), Quick Attack(Pidgeotto), Wing Attack crit KO(Aero)
Aero VS Raticate- Quick Attack crit hit(Raticate), Wing Attack crit hit, Hyper Fang crit hit(Raticate), Wing Attack crit KO(Aero)
Aero VS Kadabra- Wing Attack crit KO(coincidence?)
Aero VS Wartortle- Wing Attack crit hit(Aero), Bubble(Wartortle), Wing Attack KO

Now for Lt. Surge battle(I stocked up on 10 super potions and 5 paralyz heals):
Aerodactyl VS Voltorb- Wing Attack(Aero), Screech failed(Voltorb), Wing Attack(Aero), Screech failed(Voltorb), Wing Attack KO(Aero)
Aero VS Pikachu- Wing Attack(Aero), Thunder shock(Pikachu), Wing Attack crit KO
Aero VS Raichu(at this point I was nervous)- Wing Attack(Aero), Thunder shock crit hit(Raichu), just what I needed Raichu to land on Aero(sarcasm), Wing Attack(Aero), Thunder shock(Raichu), then repetitive healing with a max potion and 5-7 super potion out stalling Thunderbolt, then thunder shock, finally, and then just as he uses a X Speed, I happen to get a crit KO on Raichu with Wing Attack. 3 badges down, 5 to go.

Wing Attack
Agility

On a positive note: X and Y come out today! :D and yes I will extend this run to X and Y when I get access to them.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Username: WarriorCat
Pokemon: Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
Challenge: Single
Games: Y

I'm gonna give this a try. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
Since I'm too tired to re-type my post after I lost it, so I'll just say that I got two more gym badges and Aero is Level 53 with Wing Attack, Double Team, Toxic, and Double Edge. That is all I'll say, although I wish I could post proof... Anyways, hopefully I'll beat Sabrina tomorrow and if I get time, Blaine, but I doubt it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Username: roserade31
Pokemon of Choice: butterfree
Challenge: ultimate
Game(s): blue, gold, ruby, diamond, white 2

Years
First one down. Started with Emerald because I had it handy.

Hitmonlee is a great pokemon against any type except for Psychic and Ghost, for obvious reasons.

First gym was no problem, rock is weak to fighting.

Fighting against fighting was literally a battle of who has the bigger muscles. I clearly did.

Fighting vs electric was easy, plus magneton being steel made it weak.

Fighting vs fire was easy since I was overleveled.

Fighting vs normal, nuff said.

Fighting vs flying was interesting, ended up using strength on all the pokemon

Fighting vs psychic was the hardest. Sending out Hitmonlee with my HM slave zigzagoon, then killing zigzagoon with hitmonlee made the opponents get a free turn to attack me. Claydol using earthquake and Xatu using psychic killed me for a while, but then I grinded a bit. They started not killing me, and then eventually using calm mind on occasion. Solrock and Lunatone were easy since rock is weak to fighting.

Fighting vs water was easy since I had gotten the tm for earthquake and also had hi jump kick.

For the elite 4:

Had type advantage over dark
Ghost was interesting because I had to use earthquake every time. Probably went through 25 earthquakes in that one battle (used ethers and elixirs to restore pp). Sableye with Double Team is now my least favorite pokemon.
Ice was easy as I had the type advantage
Dragon was easy up until Salamance, but I managed it with hyper potions.

Wallace was easy except he kept poisoning me, so I had to use full restores. Milotic was the only one that gave me any real trouble because it kept recovering. Two Hi Jump Kicks to the face solved that easily.

Hitmonlee's stats at the end

Level 72

Strength
Brick Break
Earthquake
Hi Jump Kick

I can't post my picture as proof because I don't have 15 posts yet :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Update 1
I will just be posting how I beat each gym leader
Spoiler:

Team
Butterfree level 75
Psybeam
mega drain
Psychic
sleep powder

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
This is the final update of Kanto, which I think was hard and will be the hardest part of this solo run.
The battles:
Vs Gary Battle #6: Easy, all OHKOs.
Vs Giovanni #2: Another easy battle, although Rhyhorn had to take a DoubleTeam+Toxic+Double-Edge combo to take down.
Vs Sabrina: Easiest gym battle out of this solo run, for sure. Double-Edge=All OHKOs
Vs Blaine: Growlithe and Ponyta were OHKOed by Double Edge and the other THKOed.
Vs Giovanni #3: The third hardest gym battle, after Misty and Lt Surge. First, I used Double Team 6 times for maximum evasion, then proceeded to use Toxic+Double-Edge for Rhyhorn and Rhydon and OHKOed everything else with either Wing Attack or Double-Edge.
Vs Rival #7: OHKOed everything except Rhyhorn which I used my famous combo for Rock-types to take it out.
Now, before I go on to the Elite 4 battles, I do want to say that Aero fainted battling a Dewgong in Victory Road, but I had a MX Revive, so... that was the only time Aero fainted.
Vs Lorelei: Honestly, I expected this to be really hard, and I'll agree that this was the hardest battle in my Kanto part of this solo run, but it was easier than I thought. Double Team the first six turns and attack. I even had to use Toxic on Slowbro and wear it down because it was using withdraw.
Vs Bruno: The easiest Elite 4 battle. The usual combo for the Onixes except with Sky Attack and of course the obvious move for the rest.
Vs Agatha: It doesn't go without saying that Agatha was challenging as always. Status still hit Aero fairly commonly even with 6 Double Teams. Other than that, only Golbat needed two hits to defeat.
Vs Lance: After my Double Teams in the case that I missed, I OHKOed all his Pokemon, although Gyarados made me use a Max Potion.
And finally...
Vs Champion Rival: Using Pidgeot as Double Team setup bait, I sweeped my rival's team, although Pidgeot did mirror move two of my Double Teams which was annoying. OHKOed everything except Rhydon(obviously) and Blastoise(surprisingly), although Blastoise missed Blizzard, giving me and Aero the victory. We were the victors! Then my mom told me that we were moving to Johto, which means another adventure will come soon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
This is the final update of Kanto, which I think was hard and will be the hardest part of this solo run.
The battles:
Vs Gary Battle #6: Easy, all OHKOs.
Vs Giovanni #2: Another easy battle, although Rhyhorn had to take a DoubleTeam+Toxic+Double-Edge combo to take down.
Vs Sabrina: Easiest gym battle out of this solo run, for sure. Double-Edge=All OHKOs
Vs Blaine: Growlithe and Ponyta were OHKOed by Double Edge and the other THKOed.
Vs Giovanni #3: The third hardest gym battle, after Misty and Lt Surge. First, I used Double Team 6 times for maximum evasion, then proceeded to use Toxic+Double-Edge for Rhyhorn and Rhydon and OHKOed everything else with either Wing Attack or Double-Edge.
Vs Rival #7: OHKOed everything except Rhyhorn which I used my famous combo for Rock-types to take it out.
Now, before I go on to the Elite 4 battles, I do want to say that Aero fainted battling a Dewgong in Victory Road, but I had a MX Revive, so... that was the only time Aero fainted.
Vs Lorelei: Honestly, I expected this to be really hard, and I'll agree that this was the hardest battle in my Kanto part of this solo run, but it was easier than I thought. Double Team the first six turns and attack. I even had to use Toxic on Slowbro and wear it down because it was using withdraw.
Vs Bruno: The easiest Elite 4 battle. The usual combo for the Onixes except with Sky Attack and of course the obvious move for the rest.
Vs Agatha: It doesn't go without saying that Agatha was challenging as always. Status still hit Aero fairly commonly even with 6 Double Teams. Other than that, only Golbat needed two hits to defeat.
Vs Lance: After my Double Teams in the case that I missed, I OHKOed all his Pokemon, although Gyarados made me use a Max Potion.
And finally...
Vs Champion Rival: Using Pidgeot as Double Team setup bait, I sweeped my rival's team, although Pidgeot did mirror move two of my Double Teams which was annoying. OHKOed everything except Rhydon(obviously) and Blastoise(surprisingly), although Blastoise missed Blizzard, giving me and Aero the victory. We were the victors! Then my mom told me that we were moving to Johto, which means another adventure will come soon.

I have no idea why my post was posted two times, but I forgot to say Aero was level 78.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back