• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team, i guess!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Well, i have done quite a few battles with my team, and like a pro i kept track of the wins, and its was 9 wins, 4 loses. And i do know where the losses came from, but im just wondering if my team has any standout problems i missed or something so i can fix it up :)

azelf.gif
Pixiedust the Azelf @ Choice Scarf

Role: Main lead, can be used as revenge killer on some scarfed fighting types like herracross late game, nice wall crippler with trick. Also sets up rocks when it can, i rarely do this while scarfed. U-turn helps to get the heck out maybe as a finisher on some pokemon, just extra support.

Nature: Jolly

Trait: Levitate

Notable IV's: 31 Attack, 27ish Speed

EV's: 252 attack, 100 HP (its helped), 156 Speed,

Trick
U-Turn
Zen Headbutt
Stealth Rocks

---------------------------------------------------------
286.gif
1up the Breloom @ Toxic Orb

Role: The standard Toxic Orb Destructo Mushroom, its a major part of my team. Many of the people battling me now have an intense fear of this magnificent mushroom, as it can do really good early in the battle, or do well as a late game sweeper. It switches in to statuser's once its toxic is up, and once it gets its substitute, i can dish out powerful focus punches, with seed bomb support, spore for 100% sleepy, and substitute for focus punch help, and for general support. Its a very powerful pokemon, and the only thing i find that has 100% countered this beast is chandelure. others like gliscor have countered it, but i get nice switch ins to other pokemon to wall it / take any hit it gives.

Nature: Jolly

Trait: Poison Heal

Notable IV's: 31 attack, 31 speed (that took a while .-.)

EV's: 248 attack, 248 speed, 12 hp

Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore

--------------------------------------------------------

th_Porygon-Z.gif
Trojan the Porygon Z (Its legit Shiny :D)

Role: This porygon Z is a god specs attacker. It does heavy damage if it gets a special attack boost from download, and it gets very good coverage with its wide range of attacks. What i like about it, is that most people fear that it is scarfed, when it is actually specs, so it lets me predict a wall switch letting me use an appropriate move. This thing is a force to be reckoned with on my team, as it can easily 2hko a lot of Pokemon when it hits neutrally, and works very well as a mid game sweeper, and a surprise bomber (lol)

Insert Nature that lowers Attack and Raises Attack Here (i forgot .-.)

Trait: Download

Notable IV's: 30 Special Attack

Ev's: 252 SA, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse (I find it the more usefull than psychik, or hp whatever the heck)

----------------------------------------------------------------

380.gif
:):):) the Latias (Its not shiny) @ Light Clay

Role: I find latias a very good wall in the game, mine is a common Dual Screen Set, with recover and dragon pulse, and it works really well to give me a nice safe switch in to one of my sweepers such as porygon or breloom, as they will now comfortably take hits, and breloom can heal up his hp very quickly. Light Clay boosts the LS and Reflect to 8 turns, which is really really usefull! This latias also safely switches into scarfed fighting types (herracross, much?) and can wall such pokemon as infernape, and pretty much most fighting types. It takes supereffective dark type hits extremely well thanks to its special bulk and defensive bulk, so T-Tars cant do anything on this thing! It recovers up all the damage, than gets the heck out into something that can actually kill the other pokemon :)

Nature: Bold, i think

Trait: Levitate

Notable IV's: 31 Special Defense, 20-25 Defense

EVs: 252 HP, 100 Defense, 156 Special Defense

Light Screen
Reflect
Recover
Dragon Pulse

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zoroark_BW_Back.gif
lolWTF the Zoroark @ Expert Belt

Role: This thing is going to be replaced soon...im EV training and IV breeding and stuff, but currently, I'm stuck with this, so lets talk about it:
Its a decent revenge killer with high speed, it can actually lead sweep if put it in the lead, as it takes out lead azelfs (u-turn scarf....no) and ferrothorns or forretress. Zoroark is really hard to predict, giving me a solid advantage. Its moveset is sorta strange though. U-turn is for a speedy dark type counter, and to get out of a tyratinar, Flamethrower an obvious choice, as a nice way to surprise kill ferrothorns and forretress. Night Daze is just for a nice stab move, and grass knot is to get those tricky swamperts and palpitoads. and Hippowdons, sometimes

Fun Fact: Upon seeing my "Breloom" use flamethrower to 1hko a forretress, some guy forfeited and said i was cheating. For the Win.

Nature: The one that raises special attack but lowers attack (.-.)

Trait: Illusion (who has watched the movie?)

Notable IV's: 20 something special attack, 20 something speed

EV's: 252 Speed, 200 Special Attack, 56 Attack

Flamethrower
Night Daze
U-Turn
Grass Knot

----------------------One More!-------------------------------(Phew)--

073.gif
Toxicosis the Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Role: This guy is a decent Special wall, and switches in to many pokemon as death! He is an amazing ferrothorn counter, and works really well in many other walling aspects. Toxic anyone? unfortanetly, the only one on my team knowing toxic, so i have to use him well! He counters most fire types, like chandelure, taking shadow ball like a god! He has max Special Defense and some high as heck HP, making him a wall to be reckoned with. Scald is a general Water stab with high burn chance, making it a great move for a wall, HP Fire for those ferrothorns and to get the um, grass types that are pretty annoying...Toxic as support, oh and the last move being, of course, rapid spin! No instant recovery is pretty bad, but if used properly, he can slowly wear down some annoying pokemon.

Nature: The one that raises Defense but lowers Attack (.-.)

Trait: Liquid Ooze (switching into Leech Seed, much?)

Notable Ivs: 31 Special Defense

EV's: 252 HP, 200 Special Defense, 56 Defense

Scald
HP Fire
Rapid Spin
Toxic

--------------------------------------------------------------

Standing Out problems for my Team:

• Lacks a physical Wall
  • Lacks much Physical Support (soon to be fixed)
  • Scarfed Latios is dangerous, but not unstoppable to my team!
  • Needs more Laser

So um yeah thanks for reading my team synopsis and uh i hope you criticize it constructively, and i am open to suggestions you may be willing to offer!

If there is anything else you need to know, post and i'll reply and...stuff...

Yeah...Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Nice Work

Your team is very good for several reasons, but could use a little improvement don't you think? Your Pokemon don't have the highest stats, but make up for it with many status moves and combos. A strong Ghost Pokemon, such as Gengar or Chandelure, could easily one shot many of your Pokemon with a moveset like Shadow Ball, Psychic, Flamethrower, Hypnosis... I'm sorry to put out mostly negatives. Your team's positives outweigh the negatives anyway!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Your team is very good for several reasons, but could use a little improvement don't you think? Your Pokemon don't have the highest stats, but make up for it with many status moves and combos. A strong Ghost Pokemon, such as Gengar or Chandelure, could easily one shot many of your Pokemon with a moveset like Shadow Ball, Psychic, Flamethrower, Hypnosis... I'm sorry to put out mostly negatives. Your team's positives outweigh the negatives anyway!

Thanks! i do fear the ghost types, but i dont have too much of a problem with them. if they are scarfed, it might be a small problem, but if they are orbed, than i guess zoroark can outspeed. depends most of the time. but thanks :)

EDIT: oh and there is no way a gengar can 1hko my latias, unless its specs or carries extreme max special attack. Same goes with chandelure

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Hmmm....

Thanks! i do fear the ghost types, but i dont have too much of a problem with them. if they are scarfed, it might be a small problem, but if they are orbed, than i guess zoroark can outspeed. depends most of the time. but thanks :)

EDIT: oh and there is no way a gengar can 1hko my latias, unless its specs or carries extreme max special attack. Same goes with chandelure

Have you considered that the oppenent might also have more than one Pokemon that is super effective? Chandelure has the 8th highest Special Attack in the ENTIRE game. Zoroark isn't that fast. Here lemme help a bunch. I'll make a sample team. Not specifically to counter yours, but could do A TON of damage.

Accelgor with Bug Buzz
Chandelure with Flamethrower and Shadow Ball
Reunicles with Psychic and Focus Blast

These are all common Pokemon with common moves that could be FATAL to your team. Just consider it.

Feel free to also rate my current team. Ice and Electric seems to be a problem for me, but I'm working on it.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Have you considered that the oppenent might also have more than one Pokemon that is super effective? Chandelure has the 8th highest Special Attack in the ENTIRE game. Zoroark isn't that fast. Here lemme help a bunch. I'll make a sample team. Not specifically to counter yours, but could do A TON of damage.

Accelgor with Bug Buzz
Chandelure with Flamethrower and Shadow Ball
Reunicles with Psychic and Focus Blast

These are all common Pokemon with common moves that could be FATAL to your team. Just consider it.

Feel free to also rate my current team. Ice and Electric seems to be a problem for me, but I'm working on it.

Ehehehhe, i see what you are talking about. WEll i just finished EV training my Swampert, as a tank to replace Zoroark. Anyway, reuny depends on wheather trick room is up
if it is, than i might be in a tough spot, but it depends on how he will get his trick room up. If i can spore him before in case he swithing in on my breloom, than i can just sub and pretty much 2hko him with seed bomb or focus punch. And if he swithces, it'll still be good for me.

Accelgor. WTF? ive never seen this thing for a while, but hm...Bug buzz...well my team duz dislike bug type, but if i can somehow trap him into buzz, than i can swith into loom and substitute. The bug resistance to focus punch is annoying, but it'll still do a devistating amount of damage, but i see what you mean.

Chandelure? thats what old swampy is for, but if it carries energy ball, than i can switch out (shadowtagfails) to somethign that resists it. It might make problems and such, but eh, it depends on the opponent and what he does. But anyway thanks for looking at the strengths and weaknesses of my team. wait, you didn't look at the strength of my team...eh whatever :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Ehehehhe, i see what you are talking about. WEll i just finished EV training my Swampert, as a tank to replace Zoroark. Anyway, reuny depends on wheather trick room is up
if it is, than i might be in a tough spot, but it depends on how he will get his trick room up. If i can spore him before in case he swithing in on my breloom, than i can just sub and pretty much 2hko him with seed bomb or focus punch. And if he swithces, it'll still be good for me.

Accelgor. WTF? ive never seen this thing for a while, but hm...Bug buzz...well my team duz dislike bug type, but if i can somehow trap him into buzz, than i can swith into loom and substitute. The bug resistance to focus punch is annoying, but it'll still do a devistating amount of damage, but i see what you mean.

Chandelure? thats what old swampy is for, but if it carries energy ball, than i can switch out (shadowtagfails) to somethign that resists it. It might make problems and such, but eh, it depends on the opponent and what he does. But anyway thanks for looking at the strengths and weaknesses of my team. wait, you didn't look at the strength of my team...eh whatever :P[/QUOTE

I would like you to rate my future team that I will post soon

The strengths of your team outweigh the negatives big time. Latias is a good weapon in double battles if put alongside Porygon Z. I'm sure your team excels in both double and single battles. I would appreciate if you rated my future team that I am posting soon.

Last edited:

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
weather can cause a lot of trouble for this team, especially sand abuser excadrill, who gets its speed doubled in sand. if it carries a LO set with x scissor then breloom, zoroark and latias are in deep trouble. if your latias tries to set up screens then excadrill will outspeed it and get a free x scissor in doing a lot of damage, and a second one may KO latias regardless of reflect being up.

another problem is rain teams because with those teams there are a abundance iof hurricane and thunder users, both of which get 100% accuracy in the rain. hurricane is a OHKO on breloom if you don't get sub up or spore in. and thunder will put your tentacruel in a predicament. you either switch into a pokemon who will take a lot of neutral dmage from thunder or hurricane or you stay in and take the super effective hit, so your kinda cornered there.
some major threats to watch out for on rain teams are thundurus and dragonite, the first gets STAB 100%accuracy thunder in the rain and Nite gets STAB 100% accuracy hurricane in the rain. oh and latios and ferrothorn could threaten your team too.

hope this helps =)

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
weather can cause a lot of trouble for this team, especially sand abuser excadrill, who gets its speed doubled in sand. if it carries a LO set with x scissor then breloom, zoroark and latias are in deep trouble. if your latias tries to set up screens then excadrill will outspeed it and get a free x scissor in doing a lot of damage, and a second one may KO latias regardless of reflect being up.

another problem is rain teams because with those teams there are a abundance iof hurricane and thunder users, both of which get 100% accuracy in the rain. hurricane is a OHKO on breloom if you don't get sub up or spore in. and thunder will put your tentacruel in a predicament. you either switch into a pokemon who will take a lot of neutral dmage from thunder or hurricane or you stay in and take the super effective hit, so your kinda cornered there.
some major threats to watch out for on rain teams are thundurus and dragonite, the first gets STAB 100%accuracy thunder in the rain and Nite gets STAB 100% accuracy hurricane in the rain. oh and latios and ferrothorn could threaten your team too.

hope this helps =)

:) yeah it does, and my life just flashed before my eyes...hm... i really do need a counter for weather teams, dont i...well the only counter for a weather team, is another wheather team, unless you have some sorta uber tactics, but yeah i have to work my team on countering wheather

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
well to counter a rain team you could always include a swift swim kingdra on your team. Now, the opponent cant carry drizzle + swift swim on the same team, but when they set up rain you can send in kingra when the opportunity is right as it will get its speed doubled setting it up for a sweep.

other than that you just have to watch out for the specific weather abuser because most weather teams almost always have one. some are obvious like excadrill in sand but some aren't so you just have to play it smart and predict/scout

pokelooker

Staraptor guy
Years
cool team

sounds like a good team and i would really like to battle it so send me a message when you can!

ps: really creepy, your zoroak has exactaly the same moves as mine!!!!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
IMO, Azelf's 100 HP EVs seems pointless. It's not meant to last long, meaning that it's good for Tricking opponents and getting SR up (and attacking whenever possible).

Your Porygon-Z is Modest, correct? I'd also give it Trick over Dark Pulse so it can also screw over opponents.

You really don't need the 56 Attack EVs on Zoroark; I see U-turn as more of a scouting move.

Latias could use more Speed to get Screens up faster (Timid with 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe).

Your Tentacruel is Bold, right? Try this EV spread: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe and change up Toxic for Toxic Spikes.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
IMO, Azelf's 100 HP EVs seems pointless. It's not meant to last long, meaning that it's good for Tricking opponents and getting SR up (and attacking whenever possible).

Your Porygon-Z is Modest, correct? I'd also give it Trick over Dark Pulse so it can also screw over opponents.

You really don't need the 56 Attack EVs on Zoroark; I see U-turn as more of a scouting move.

Latias could use more Speed to get Screens up faster (Timid with 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe).

Your Tentacruel is Bold, right? Try this EV spread: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe and change up Toxic for Toxic Spikes.

I would like to second all of this.

Also, I found it helpful with my Breloom to invest 12 EVs into HP. That way you get the most out of Poison Heal + Toxic Orb.

I see Scizor being a huge problem for this team, in my opinion. Specifically, if it's sporting a Technician boosted STAB Bug Bite (half of your team takes super effective damage from Bug attacks), priority STAB Bullet Punch (everything but Tentacruel takes neutral damage from Steel type attacks) or Pursuit and can somehow take out both Azelf and Latias. Long story short, Scizor will most likely kill at least one of your Pokemon. Not to mention if it's Choice Band boosted. ;( Zoroark's Flamethrower and Tentacruel's HP Fire are you only true checks for Scizor. And Zoroark is one of the three that Scizor potentially can eat alive, granted it's played correctly.

But hey, no team is without threats. If you've battled against a Scizor and didn't have an issue with it.. well, keep up the good work! :3

Nevertheless, you have a neat and thoughtfully constructed team here. :D

Good luck!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022

Ok, um Tenta used to carry toxic spikes, but i didn't find it beneficial much, considering seeing all poison types i see, but if thats not a viable reason, i did sorta want toxic for the bulky flying types and latias's and stuff, and i think personally toxic is more reliable, but i see why you would say that.

I guess you would be right about Azelf, but his 100 HP EV's have helped me soooo much i cant get rid of them. So many attacks about to killl me leave me at about 20 hp, than i can do something like zen headbutt or set up rocks which makes the game, but i see your point here also

Everything else you said ive taken into consideration, and i am in the process of working on my team based on everyones comments :O

Back