• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PPRE (Project Pokemon's ROM Editor) Tutorial & FAQ

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I had a question. This download doesn't include a starter editor for Platinum? The one I have is only for DP.... but is it possible to use the starter editor for Diamond and change the 3 starters, save it and make a patched rom, find the narc. file for the starters and replace the narc. file on Platinum??

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
this tool is awsome! i would like to make one suggestion though. I use a smaller screen laptop and it is really annoying not being able to see the bottom of the tool. This stops me from seeing the bottom attacks for editing. So could you make it so you can change the size or have a scroll bar as this would help people in many ways i think. Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2012
my pkmn pearl keeps freezing when i walk after editting a trainer with PPRE, how can i fix it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
hi there new member here. if i'm allowed to ask, would, if there's a future update to this app, this be compatible with Pokemon Black White not the sequel?

EDIT: excuse me for bumping if this is an old thread but i tend not to help it.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
oh Thank you so much! I want to translate some pokemon to my language but I'm total noob yet hehe I think that will helpme so much! :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
hey guys just trying to get some info fast since the project Pokemon site has a slow forum. If any1 here is familiar with the rom hacking tool for 4+ generation known as project pokemon rom editor or ppre, I want to edit the gym leaders pokemon in soul silver, but under the part where you change the number of pokemon she has, there are these thing called channels, or ch0, ch1, ch2 etc, what are they?
and the final question. when editing the pokemon, there is a thing called form # and u0, what are those? i think the u0 is the Pokemon ability since it takes a number value, but im not sure about that and form #?
if the u0 takes specific number values or anything else here that i asked takes number values mind giving me the number values and what they do?
cheers

Last edited:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Some suggestions for the next Windows release:

1. Include an optional setting to alphabetize item, move, and species names. Finding them by code number is very hard for new users; I often lost my place scrolling through the menus.
  2. Allow users to type in the full name of existing menu items; this would cut searching time.
  3. Include the TM/HM numbers on the relevant checklist: counting unmarked groups of boxes confused and frustrated me.
  4. Make it easier to add new moves to a species' learnset without overwriting old moves. I wanted Lunatone to learn Mirror Shot at level 23 and Moonlight at level 45; but I had to erase and re-enter several existing moves to do that.

UPDATE: Still struggling with PPRE for Windows beta; I can't save any changes to an existing move's type. I put my starting ROM in the right folder, selected/set the ROM, and wrote to the new ROM afterwards...but my edits don't appear when I check the next time. What could be causing this? (I suspect that the developers forgot to put a save button in the move editor!)

Last edited:

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
I'm havig problem with thenewpoketext D:
We edited a good part part of the the extraction on the xml, using notepad++ and stuff but then I tried to patch it it to narc again and it gives error and it shut on my face (lol) I don't know if I did something wrong e3e

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
This felt a bit promising before checking that this is uncompleted, the tool is from 2006 and that the thread is from 2010 :/ ...
Kinda sad it doesn't have a Sprite Editor either :c

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
This felt a bit promising before checking that this is uncompleted, the tool is from 2006 and that the thread is from 2010 :/ ...
Kinda sad it doesn't have a Sprite Editor either :c

well, actually is pretty easy editing sprites with Tinke , you just need to find them, export as a image, and then import again... Like this I translated all the graphics of platinum to portuguese XD , but I think this don't work for the pokemon themself, because I couldn't find/open any ... but I'm sure you can find a way :v
well if you really need a tool, what about Overworld Editor DS ?
look for it here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287993
Hope it helps XD

now I hope I can find a solution for my problem x3x

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
well, actually is pretty easy editing sprites with Tinke , you just need to find them, export as a image, and then import again... Like this I translated all the graphics of platinum to portuguese XD , but I think this don't work for the pokemon themself, because I couldn't find/open any ... but I'm sure you can find a way :v
well if you really need a tool, what about Overworld Editor DS ?
look for it here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287993
Hope it helps XD

now I hope I can find a solution for my problem x3x

But.. doesn't Overworld Editor DS allow you to edit the Overworlds? ..
I specified "Sprites", like Front, Back and Icon from the different Pokemons :/
PokePic is useless, whenever you try to import a sprite it mess it up.
Someone should make an Advanced Series like tool for the DS Roms.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years

for sure it's nothing easy to do :/
well i'm giving a look here com platinum .. the icon is pretty easy to get with thinke ...
root> icongra > pl_poke_icon.narc (platinum, there also for DP inside :v lol) I think there are nly one pallete and "Rnan" for all?
well I'm not sure XD
http://i.imgur.com/dLQGdeK.png
the pokemon graphis don't looks a thing here :/ but it's on pokegra.narc I think ...
http://i.imgur.com/xWgFagm.png
the trainers are easy to see hmmm well I eally don't know how to help more than this :/

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
sorry for doupblepost

Hey just found this, maybe help you out? o3o
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=176672

now I'm also in a quest looking for overwolrd sprite editor so if you have found/find on please show me!

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jun 8, 2022
Really late to this PPRE thing 😅, but I have a question. If I were to use this to modify my Rom would it reset my game back to the very beginning? I'm asking because I tried using the Pokemon Randomizer to modify trade evolution in my previous rom and had to start over again. So here I am asking before I actually modify my rom. Thanks in advance!!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Really late to this PPRE thing 😅, but I have a question. If I were to use this to modify my Rom would it reset my game back to the very beginning? I'm asking because I tried using the Pokemon Randomizer to modify trade evolution in my previous rom and had to start over again. So here I am asking before I actually modify my rom. Thanks in advance!!

please do not use PPRE unless you don't mind countless hours of debugging and issues if you actually end up using it, check out this discord server:
https://discord.gg/zAtqJDW2jC

and specifically DS Pokemon ROM Editor for a better tool to do some nds rom hacking

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
I tried to open the nds rom of pokemon White and it gave me an error of, ROM is not loaded.
Does it not support pokemon black and white? please help me. Thank you.

Back