• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yeah that makes the most sense, they need to make the movie 'special' in a sense. If Genesect is already in the anime then people wont care to see it, so having a shiny, extremespeed Genesect in the movie is their way of differing it from the anime to give people an incentive to see the movie. I actually believe this is the first time that they haven't hinted at a new Pokemon in the title, every single time they have revealed a new Pokemon in February for a movie it was already hinted at in December so it's just odd. Could mean no Gen VI Pokemon, but I doubt that. There's no way they'd let Genesect carry the movie alone if its already appearing in the anime, even if it is a shiny one. I guess it's not like they HAVE to hint at a new Pokemon being revealed later - they can just reveal it in February to surprise us.

Or they think that every1 is still collecting medals in BW2..ala perhaps its slightly to soon to throw "new gen" news in our face, so they started with the shiny part (Ive seen tons of "next gen news"-fear amongst fans although I dont understand it.)

Aynway, last year, this time, we merely had confirmation that Kyurem will star, and a very vague hint at new forme for it. There was also an artistic detail to the movie title that looked similar to Keldeos red mane, but had we not hacked the games for it, we wouldn't have a clue it meant anything.
Only in the January corocoro it then hinted at a new pokemon reveal in February.

Also note that this shiny Genesect is gonna be distributed before the movie.
Makes me wonder what the main event pokemon will be. A random guess is, something Eevee related that will unlock something in whatever upcoming game (what is it with the continued eevee hype??).
Like how Celebi and the beasts turned out to actually be the only way to even get a Zorua in BW. I very much disliked that, but I can see them do that again with whatever the main role turns out to be.

Btw
What other movie had shiny versions of already known legendaries as co-stars? The Zoroark one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Actually, the Pokemon short for Movie 16 is going to be "Pikachu and Eevee friends" which you can see in the bottom corner of the scan in the middle which makes me believe all the Eevee hype is to set up a new Eeveelution being featured in that movie short. But there should also be another Gen VI Pokemon for the actual movie, so theres a lot to think about. If remakes are coming next year, then we should see some sort of Hoenn focus in the movie whether its a Hoenn legend also being featured or whether its the Hoenn starters all being featured (which is what they did for HGSS)

I want these remakes more than anything, but I feel like its more logical for Gen VI to come first and that's what I think will happen.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
This might not be as relevant but I just realized...

RSE had current routes from the floating island to Slateport.
These currents returned in BW(2) near the P2 Lab.
I don't think the other games had them.

Btw according to serebii:
The first details of the next Pokémon movie have started to come through the Japanese magazine, CoroCoro. The sixteenth movie has been revealed to feature a shiny Genesect, showcasing the appearance it has in flight, and be called Extremespeed Genesect (神速のゲノセクト), with tradition dictating there will likely be an addition to the title in the Spring. The movie is due for release in Japan in July 13th 2013. Attached is a Pikachu short that features Eevee called Pikachu & Eevee Friends (ピカチュウとイーブイフレンズ). In addition to that, Genesect is to be given again in Japan from January 11th 2013 to February 10th 2013 in Pokémon Centres across Japan for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Okay Eevee being hyped up might mean several things one of which is it's getting a new forme in Gen VI and they're preparing us for it. Or gen I is behind remade as Bill is the biggest Eevee lover. Or it's a reference to the gift Eevee in B2W2. Or the creators are like Bill and simply love Eevee...

Well a shiny star is a good way to end a generation if this in fact the end...though gen V has the least movies since II irc: Gen I had 2, Gen II had 3 ,Gen III had 4, gen IV had 4, and Gen V has 3...oh wait no they do got four if one counts the two copies of Victini's... so perhaps this is it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If anything hints about RSE remakes, it will be Jirachi or Deoxys being in them. Mew was in the 8th movie and Celebii was in the 13th movie. If they follow that, one of the event only pokemon for Hoenn will be in the this movie or the next. And it is only December, so it is probably too early to reavel new pokemon at the moment. And with all this Eevee stuff popping up, I think we will see new Eeveelutions, or a new pokemon like Eevee.

Besides the fact, they are really only telling us about the Genesect event coming in Jan. because it is about a month a way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't see why he would be referencing a non Pokemon game. It wouldn't make any sense to me.

Gamefreak doesn't just make Pokemon Games. HarmoKnight was in production after Pokemon Black and White so yes, it makes sense that they'd put something that Gamefreak is working on in a game that Gamefreak made as a hint from an employee from Gamefreak.

Years
I think the point is being missed about the revive being next to his desk. Look at it as it being next to his desk that it accompanies is space like his work area. So as he fumbles about trying to come up with a new plan symbolically the answer is right in front of him through the revive. Which means it is most likely a pokemon game... what would throw me off completely if it was a pokemon tcg revive haha
It is symbolic though.
It could be kanto, it could be hoenn. Heck it could even be johto or sinnoh at this point gamefreak is full of suprises... the only thing i have to ask though is what about the refrences scattered all over the place in bw2 that is rse revive...
The rocket grunt being replaced by the magma and aqau grunt
Reversal mountain? Of course heatran dwells there but really they could of kept it a lava pool ofvthat was the case... i know someone will say well since black 2 is like a opposite futre world it gets the inactive volcano which has since become a cavern lake but really why go through the trouble if it didnt serve a purpose in the story?
Well kyogres lair looked alot like that... groudons lair looked alot like reversal mountain in white 2... could be just churning up tile sets ahead of time
Im also sure there is either a boy or a woman somewhere ( im replaying black 2 now. Ill tell yall when ibfind it). That goes on about the land being expanded and why it is harmful and the sea being expanded and why it is harmful also.
Then again that could be what the grunts talk about but still...
The inside of strange house looks like the inside of the abandoned ship near pacifidlog and you cant say humilau isnt a replica of pacifidlog and we have marlon
What other games had a water type for the 8th gym leader?
We have hidden grotoes now
Which looks alot a cooler and more advanced and serves a cooler purpose the only other games we had anything like that was the secret bases in r.s.e
We have rapids ( we had em in black and white but still)
I love the fact that someone is going to say that none of this gives factual proof of an rse remake it is hilarious because it isnt about factual proof its about picking up on the hints and either being accuraye or being trolled by gamefreak. Its all in good fun.
I cant stand it when no one wants to spin off ideas or help elaborate instead they wanna come in with theor suit and tie and cut all imagination short and start talking about facts... one thing you can always rely on gamefreak for though is a tight lip
So if your waiting on facts, you might as well wait for complete confirmation. Of the next game people.
Untill then ima have fun speculating and hint searching on black 2

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Strange house is the same as the old haunted mansion from D/P/Pt. The ghost girl from there is the same one from the bridge in B/W and possibly the same ghost girl from D/P/Pt. She mentions in the mansion that she had to move to another far off region which is why she left her pokemon alone in Unova.

Coincidentally its the same story that the anime used for the pink haired chick from D/P/Pt. One of the ones that you get to team up with in Gible's cave under the Sinnoh Cycling Road.

Speculating leads to finding facts to support the speculation. If you hate when people do that then you hate speculating as a whole. The point to finding hints it to find proof of the next games coming out.

As for the item, I don't see that as a valid point. Black and White were a revival for Pokemon overall. They even seem to be pushing this fact with a lot of their new merchandise standards. Both Pokedexes released (3DS and App) start off with Unova only. (For the App you have to buy extra upgrades to unlock the other regions)

You also can't deny that they were infact working on HarmoKnight while B2W2 was in production. Gamefreak makes other games. It can be a non-Pokemon related videogame.

As for Tilesets, B/W/B2/W2 doesn't use old tilesets. The tile sets from B/W/B2/W2 are rendered sets while all of them before Gen 4 aren't so all the tiles for Gen 5 are remade tiles. If they bare any resemblance to tiles from any game older then that's a coincidence. They recycle the same tiles and improve them every generation. Labratories all use the same tile sets just updated to meet the standards of the game.

The PC chick references Bill when she gives you an Eevee. You don't see people screaming for Kanto remakes again.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
In order for the possibility of a R/S remake to fully fulfill, they need to have Gen VI games incompactible with the Gen V games, because it makes little sense to transfer a Pokemon from the original R/S to a Gen IV game via Pal Park, then to a Gen V game via PokeTransfer, and finally to a Gen VI game via different type of transfer. Originally, I thought the R/S remake will disclude only the Unova Pokemon, so they can be in be only in the original Gen VI games due to the possibility of having cross-gen evolutions only for Unova Pokemon, but due to the chances of getting an Eeveelution based on the whole Eevee promotion, that destroys the theory.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Right now, the largest "clue" is definitely Reversal Mountain.

Black City and White Forest made more sense... But a mountain with lava in one and water in another just seems damn weird without Groudon and Kyogre. I mean... They can make some changes ANY other town/city, why must they make it in Reversal Mountain?

I cannot get any clue from the Strange House. That ghost girl is the same one which haunts the Marvelous Bridge. It's like a continuation of that story. I don't find that place bearing any resemblance to the Abandoned Ship.

Years
Strange house is the same as the old haunted mansion from D/P/Pt. The ghost girl from there is the same one from the bridge in B/W and possibly the same ghost girl from D/P/Pt. She mentions in the mansion that she had to move to another far off region which is why she left her pokemon alone in Unova.

Coincidentally its the same story that the anime used for the pink haired chick from D/P/Pt. One of the ones that you get to team up with in Gible's cave under the Sinnoh Cycling Road.

Speculating leads to finding facts to support the speculation. If you hate when people do that then you hate speculating as a whole. The point to finding hints it to find proof of the next games coming out.

As for the item, I don't see that as a valid point. Black and White were a revival for Pokemon overall. They even seem to be pushing this fact with a lot of their new merchandise standards. Both Pokedexes released (3DS and App) start off with Unova only. (For the App you have to buy extra upgrades to unlock the other regions)

You also can't deny that they were infact working on HarmoKnight while B2W2 was in production. Gamefreak makes other games. It can be a non-Pokemon related videogame.

As for Tilesets, B/W/B2/W2 doesn't use old tilesets. The tile sets from B/W/B2/W2 are rendered sets while all of them before Gen 4 aren't so all the tiles for Gen 5 are remade tiles. If they bare any resemblance to tiles from any game older then that's a coincidence. They recycle the same tiles and improve them every generation. Labratories all use the same tile sets just updated to meet the standards of the game.

The PC chick references Bill when she gives you an Eevee. You don't see people screaming for Kanto remakes again.
I know that strange house served a purpose.
And i my comment wasnt under the intention of offending anyone.
And i never said they were using old tile sets. I wad saying that
They could possibly have created the tilesets to the new parts of unova with rubysapphire emerald remakes in mind. See if the tiles are already done mostly they can change the color slightly and it will be just as good as new.
Another thing is that in the room of the gamefreak building the other guys are people that work on pokemon games for game freak, not gamefreak employees that work on all gamefreak games
Although one could argue me wrong and say well that particular guy didnt say his name i also consider that a good point but i stand behind mine
I meant no offense

And i was comparing the tiles of the inside of abandoned ship and the inside of strange house. Not the story or trainers or anything

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
There is a lot of things in BW2 that resemble RSE. It is hard to say if anything is hinted at RSE remake or if they just wanted to add stuff again that they liked. Hoenn and Unova both have deserts. They both have 8th water gyms. They both have 6th flying gyms. And they both have routes like Reversal Mountain outside. Like someone said, the rocket grunt was replaced by Aqua/Magma Grunt. If there is any hint at all, it is the fact Hoenn is the only region that is not on the DS,not counting Kanto because it is in HGSS.

Also they brought back the Pokemon Rivalry like between Seviper and Zangoose with Durant and Heatmor. There is also still a large chunk of Hoenn pokemon that cannot be caught still.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I know that strange house served a purpose.
And i my comment wasnt under the intention of offending anyone.
And i never said they were using old tile sets. I wad saying that
They could possibly have created the tilesets to the new parts of unova with rubysapphire emerald remakes in mind. See if the tiles are already done mostly they can change the color slightly and it will be just as good as new.
Another thing is that in the room of the gamefreak building the other guys are people that work on pokemon games for game freak, not gamefreak employees that work on all gamefreak games
Although one could argue me wrong and say well that particular guy didnt say his name i also consider that a good point but i stand behind mine
I meant no offense

And i was comparing the tiles of the inside of abandoned ship and the inside of strange house. Not the story or trainers or anything

And as I said those tiles are closer to the tiles used in the Haunted House in Sinnoh. None of the Gen 3 tiles exist past Gen 4. They render new 3D like tiles for 4th and 5th Gens. More so for the 5th Gen which uses more 3D graphics than 4th Gen games. They may use old ones, but tiles from 5th Gen aren't from any other gen.

There is a lot of things in BW2 that resemble RSE. It is hard to say if anything is hinted at RSE remake or if they just wanted to add stuff again that they liked. Hoenn and Unova both have deserts. They both have 8th water gyms. They both have 6th flying gyms. And they both have routes like Reversal Mountain outside. Like someone said, the rocket grunt was replaced by Aqua/Magma Grunt. If there is any hint at all, it is the fact Hoenn is the only region that is not on the DS,not counting Kanto because it is in HGSS.

Also they brought back the Pokemon Rivalry like between Seviper and Zangoose with Durant and Heatmor. There is also still a large chunk of Hoenn pokemon that cannot be caught still.

Only Deoxys and Jiranchi can't be caught between Gens 4 and 5 (They can't be caught in any gen for that matter but that is beside the point). In Gen 5, only the Starters and weather trio aren't available.

As for Durant and Heatmor, that isn't a Rivalry. Heatmor hunt Durant. They don't fight for preditorial superiority like Seviper and Zangoose do. Zangoose and Seviper hate each other and fight on contact. Heatmor don't hate Durant. They view them as food and little else. Durant just protect themselves as much as they can, but its a completely different relationship than what Seviper and Zangoose have.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Actually Deoxys can be caught, it was in that island in Emerald whose name I can't remember but that's besides the point. It does seem like some of the Tiles in B2W2 are meant as a test for RS remakes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually Deoxys can be caught, it was in that island in Emerald whose name I can't remember but that's besides the point. It does seem like some of the Tiles in B2W2 are meant as a test for RS remakes.

To get to Birth Isle, you had to download from an Event an Aurora Ticket. Only way to get a Deoxys was through the Ticket's event. Deoxys otherwise was uncatchable outside of events in all games.

Years
Gamefreak doesn't just make Pokemon Games. HarmoKnight was in production after Pokemon Black and White so yes, it makes sense that they'd put something that Gamefreak is working on in a game that Gamefreak made as a hint from an employee from Gamefreak.

I know that they make other games, but i've never really looked out for those types of hints. The game freak guy also said "A New Plan". What kind of "New Plan" does he speak of? You could be right about it's a different game Game Freak is making. But it's also just as likely it's another Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back