• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

singing in the rain.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I sometimes sing along to a song I love on the car. I may not be good at it, but certain occasions I do sing. One of the few rare occasions I sing out loud is during the national anthem.

Do you like to sing? - yes at times

Do you consider yourself good at it? - No, unless I memorize the lyrics

Do you let people listen to you sing? - unless its the national anthem in public (example football games - doing it a lot in the African Cup of Natons) or a song I really love, and my other family members also like, I don't mind singing a part of it, what ever part of the lyrics I memorized

Do they think you're good at it? - No, I can improve

Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" When ever I get privacy, Yes, and maybe out loud especially in the shower, I imagine myself that I'm Tom Araya or Dave Mustaine on stage, performing my favorite song

Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)? - No, it doesn't capture my attention

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Singing is one of my favourite things. <3. I love doing choir and singing to the radio, it makes me happy most of the time and I enjoy it. I don't consider myself the best singer, but it's strange how different my singing voice sounds to my normal one XD;. I don't really let people listening to me when I sing, I've had my friends ask me to do it but I'm a sort of shy type so I don't ever really sing to anybody else, much ;-;. And I consider myself okay at it, I think there could be a lot of improvements though honestly haha :3. Yeah I love rocking out in the car to songs on the radio, I ocassionally sing in the shower too!

Years
I'm pretty good at singing, but I hate singing in public or hearing my voice recorded.

Trust me, my recorded singing voice would look terrible. And nope, I would never sing on a talent show EVER.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I looooooove singing, but I'm not as good as my sister. My sister's the one with the musical talent, while I have the arts-technology-journalism kind of thing. I do consider myself pretty okay at singing. I don't break glass, so that's a good sign.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Sometimes I sing, but I know for a fact that I can't sing at all. I can't seem to give my voice that vibrato, which makes it sound even worse.

Years
I guess I don't mind singing, although I wouldn't say that I'm really all that great at it. Mediocre, perhaps. I feel like I used to be better, but I'm just so out of practice with it.

As for letting others hear it...nope. Not happening at all. Way too self conscious about that to even consider it.

Although actually, I guess there have been some times in stores when I hear a song I like, and I end up singing quietly to it and don't mind as much who hears it. That's most definitely an exception though. :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm not a good singer but at the same time I'm far from the worst I've ever heard lol. I never sing around other people though because I think the most awkward thing in the world is being sung to. I would never to it to anyone because I would never want it done to me.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I love to sing, but I can't sing for my life! Lol! I usually only sing when I'm by myself or in the shower or something, but I consider myself a terrible singer. If I do sing around others, it's usually just because I'm joking around or mocking a song or something. Other than that, people don't hear me sing often. I would never, ever, ever audition for a singing show because I'd just be made fun of, lol.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Do you like to sing? Do you consider yourself good at it? Do you let people listen to you sing? Do they think you're good at it? Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)?

Wasn't sure if this would go in OVP or GE with the reference to the shows at the end.

I like to sing, no, if I know them well enough, no, I'm not that crazy about myself xD No, I don't sing bad but I don't sing good, especially like those people.

Years
Until puberty changed my voice quite a bit, I was actually really good at singing (so much, that I was one of only 6 or 7 guys in our metro area's honour choir, which even performed for the Prime Minister and Dalai Lama after I left). I've still got a pretty decent range in my voice, but at some point over the last ten years I've seemingly went tone-deaf. And unless I wanted to be one of the people that get made fun of during auditions, I would never try out for any singing competitions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I love to sing! As far as I'm concerned, I'm a wonderful singer and should be putting on concerts for people around the world! I sing to anything I know the lyrics to and I generally sing in front of everyone. I just have to be in the right mood to be singing in front of people! Usually that'll happen from just wearing headphones and singing that way. That's when I sing as freely as I feel I can. I don't really worry about stares or anything like that when I sing.

Back