• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What To Do With Useless Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I usually release the Pokemon that are completely useless to me...and honestly I've never felt bad about it.

But now that I see people say that they feel bad for releasing Pokemon, I feel bad for never feeling bad. o:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I usually put them into my PC and never look at them again, haha. If someone wants them, though, then I would have no problem giving it away to them. When I was younger, I used to have a lot of filler Pokémon in my PC boxes. Now, though, it's not really the same anymore. I do end up catching a few random Pokémon every now and then (just for fun), but most of the time, I catch Pokémon only if I absolutely need them. d:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I just leave them in the PC. Occasionally, someone will want to give away a Pokemon to me, so I just use these "useless" Pokemon to trade off to them. If I ever end up filling my PC box to the max, I'll probably just release all the extra Pokemon that I've accumulated to make space for more Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
What do you guys do with useless Pokemon (such as Dunsparce) that clog up your PC? I know that abandoning them is a possible solution but I always feel really, really bad doing that.

By abandoning do you mean releasing them? Because I usually release any abundance of pokemon I don't plan on keeping. I let them roam free in the wild just like they were doing before I imprisoned them in a tiny ball. And I find sentiment in that more than I do if they were collecting dust.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
I wouldn't call the pokemon in my PC useless. I caught them for a reason, right? If I have decent doubles, I trade them to friends or via WT

Years
I leave them in the PC. We (usually) have more than enough room to store all the available Pokemon and more so there's really no reason for me to release them. I collect everything no matter how useless!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
'Useless' isn't in my vocabulary. I don't think I've ever released a Pokemon. I don't really see the point when I have plenty of PC storage. :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
D^: My first XY capture was like a... Dunsparce, lol. I wonder if I deleted it or Wonder Traded it away, haha. I'm a bad person lately! My Y filled up so fast with breeding projects so I may have... released some of my captures. <.<

I usually keep a box called "Wild" that holds some of the early Pokemon I caught during the story. I only keep them around for sentimental reasons.

Years
Personal challenge of mine, but what i do with my "useless"pokemon is raise them till their level 90-100. I admit it becomes quite dull at times, but it keeps me busy when I'm bored

Back