• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ~Cursed Books: OOC~ [PG-13]

Years
CBbanner_zps79a83313.png
~This is a RP that has gained dozens and dozens of fans every time I've posted it periodically. I have decided to share this RP with the community.

What is CB?

The role play is based off a collection of books out in the world. Each book containing a dreaded curse to torment the victims life and in return, the book grants its victim power. A power that grows that can be used to help others, or to end all things as we know it. Whatever the victim decides.

The main story objective is to hunt down the owner of the 'Book of Chains' and defeat him, so he is the main antagonist. The owner of the 'Chains' book does not suffer a curse, instead, he can slightly alter the destinies and change the outcome of anything by a small degree of all those around him or her and the cursed book owners; as well as use their powers. The draw back for using their powers is he (or she if I decide) must suffer the same curse the book owner is undergoing while using this power and can only use its degree of strength the original owner can reach.

The victim can be rid of his or her curse he or she simply lives their life. Every book is blank, font to back; And every eventful moment the victim lives or adversity the victim overcomes, the book records as a testament to their life. When a book is full of the victims life, front to back, the victim is free of their curse and keeps the power they were given without having to suffer the consequences they have lived through. Even then, this is very difficult to do, with the antagonist making their life difficult and even sometimes impeding their progress as they hunt him or her down.

Story

Time Line:
I have run CB through medieval and modern time lines. For this one, I'm aiming for a little in the center. The age of industry mixed in with the age of monarchy, sort of a steam punk setting. We'll be in a land called 'Tiera' There are 3 countries in control here. The Diligent, a country in the south that is still ruled by monarchy with a heavy tax system in place, yet a very prosperous land for the rich and wealthy. The Twan, a country to the north that runs on democracy; A land of soldiers, farmers and inventors with ingenuity turning the gears of their nation. Lastly, Yovo, a country to the south between Twan and Diligent, on west, A peaceful country bound to old ways. Farmers, bakers and all sorts though afraid of war and destruction; so they're a little country, however they still favor technology and anything it benefits to them.

The Warning: The origin to the accursed books is unknown. However every hundred years, a being, shrouded within darkness approaches each victim, inflicting them with a specific book and warning each of them before retreating back into the nothing it has come from. The warning phrased it repeats; "For thee those accursed, may they find refuge until freedom becomes granted; For that they shall be the ones to reverse at all that comes to end. May thy children be blessed with the power thy book grants." The first book that is always delivered is the Book of Chains, before the whole mess begins.

Currently, there is a war brewing between two factions in the land of Tiera, the Twan and Diligent, constantly fighting for control over each others territory continent. In the land of the Diligent, a young prince is riding along the dark path until he is approached by the shadowed being. Passing him off the Book of Chains; giving him the warning, though intriguing the prince when the being mentioned power. At first, the young prince thought it was a bluff; However he began small practice sessions, alone to see what his power was. Putting some focus to it, he was able to notice he was able to bend the outcome of duels, gambles, games and smaller battles from guerrilla Twan factions. He then begins to hatch a plot to control all of Tiera, beginning by attempting to claim the lower thrones in the Diligent's kingdom; when he attains the highest throne in the monarchy, he will lead every army each king has ahold of to victory and soon, control all of Twan and Yovo. the only ones who can stop him are those accursed with each book the victim is granted. The antagonist can change the outcome of almost any battle to his favor, but cannot change the outcome of each power used against him.

worldmap2_zps1e55a0b4.png

Setup

Book List:
This is a list containing the first 13 books set for the RP.
However if prefer your own cursed book, I'll allow it; though I must approve it first.

Spoiler:

Custom Book List
Spoiler:

Book Form:
This is a SU form if you prefer to make your own book.
When you perform your setup, you must PM me the form or post a public message on my profile requesting permission if you plan to start off with a custom book.
If you plan to use a book from the list, then you don't need to PM or contact me, just post your profile and wait to be approved.
Book Name: Name the book.
Curse: What is the user cursed with?
Power: What is the victim given for his suffering? Be fair.
Notes: List all of the drawbacks to the power, what access in your power for how many pages filled, notes to what you can do and what you can not, the severeness of the curse and so on. These notes are required when filling out the form so I and other players can know more about your situation and I can give challenges based on what's put in here. So don't leave this blank; Otherwise the request will be denied.
Setup Form:
Name: Who are you?

Description: You may use text to describe yourself or a photo off the net. If its a pic, be mature and keep it PG13, please.

Class/Job: What did he or she work as before being cursed? Do they still have that job? A soldier? A cook? A mechanic? A prince?

Book: You have a choice, you can either become a cursed victim or be an adventurer; or be an adventurer who gets a book later on.

Likes, Dislikes: What does the character like and dislike?

Combat Technique/Weapon: Martial Arts? Dual Weapon Wielding? Broad Swords? how does your character fight and defend him or herself?

History/Biography: Include a detailed story about your character, what their lives were like before becoming cursed. If your character is not cursed, still, put in a detailed description about them and their life.
Starting a Cursed Life:
If you need help staring off, you can begin with this post.
As [Character] walks alone along the back roads of [Yovo, Twan or Diligent], A dark being appears, thrust a square projectile to [character]'s chest, proclaiming his warning: "For thee those accursed, may they find refuge until freedom becomes granted; For that they shall be the ones to reverse at all that comes to end. May thy children be blessed with the power thy book grants." As the being vanishes, [character] looks upon their lap to see a book, blank from front to back. As they get up to stand, they can't shake off the feelings something about their self is off.
Finish up the rest of the post after this here.

Rules

~The IC will be posted after 5 profiles have been approved/registered to the OOC.
I'll be joining myself, so we need 4 more.

[Becoming a Cursed Victim]
-Claiming a Cursed Book will grant you both a power and a curse you must carry with you throughout the course of the RP.
-All CURSED book users books are BLANK at first, every page start to back.
-With each step and event of your life that passes, they will be recorded to your books.
-The books will write themselves, so there is no need to attempt to write the tale yourself. All attempts used to write or draw in these books will vanish if you attempt to forge your way through it.
-The more of your life recorded within your book, the more powerful your character becomes.
-When the book is completed with a word on EVERY page. You are free and have lifted your curse.
-When you become free, The power you obtained remains with you, you get too keep it as proof your are a survivor.
-STEALING a Cursed book is possible but you DO NOT GAIN any power nor ANY curse, IRREGARDLESS.
-You must have your book with you at all times. If you do not. The book will not write and thus cannot finish, placing you under the curse until you recover your book.
-If your Book is Destroyed, you are stuck with your curse for life and cannot revert to your former self before hand. All the books have seals to prevent damage to a certain degree such as average camp fires, and a reinforced spine & body. Extensive hits or exposure to magma and such will start tearing at the book, once its ripped in half or burned or anything, your done and have no hope of returning to being human.
-If your book has been destroyed, you also lose your power that came with it. The book is indeed the MAIN SOURCE of your power.
-The degree of your curse remains after the book has been destroyed.
-If your book is stolen, you still have your power irregardless until it is destroyed or recovered.
-If you finish your book, the power is still yours for keeps, even if the book is destroyed.
-These rules above can be ignored if you recover the 'Book of Chains' from the main antagonist and alter your fate to be free. This rule applies to those who have books. However, if you still HAVE your book after recovering the 'Book of Chains' and release yourself, you lose your power along with it. If you still want too keep your power and be free of your curse, you must remain on the path and finish it.

[Basic Rules]
~Follow the TOS
~Be fair
~Be mature
~There may be more than one owner for each individual of each book. So there may be 2 drifters or 4 blue moons and so on.

Last edited:

dudegirl626

schOOL TOMMOROW
Years
I'd love to reserve a spot. I'm writing right now.
This is a fantastic idea and I look forward to hopefully being a part of it!

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Hey this is a really interesting concept! mind if I reserve a spot? I have to go to work, but will have my su up by tonight hopefully :)

Blind oath for me (yay toph!)

Years
Spots reserved, awaiting profiles: 3
Required left to start: 1

I'll repeat again to anyone wishing to join, there can be more than one carrier of the same book! Do not let anyone grabbing one of the book titles first discourage you!

You can join in at ANYTIME!

Years
5 profiles reserved.
I'll post the IC soon.

Name: Talos

Description: Talos has bright teal colored hair and green eyes. He wears a leather long coat with his investors emblem sewn into his back. He is always seen with his toolbelt strapped around his waist and his boots covered in thick steel to protect his feet from heavy objects.

Job: Mechanic/Inventor

Book: Drifter

Likes/Dislikes: Rain, Candy, Machines, Fireworks, Money / People who consider themselves more powerful, Clowns, Being indecisive

Weapon/Combat Technique: 1x Hunting Knife, 1x 6 - Chamber Gun
Preferring close combat, the new use of his ice powers pushed him to come up with innovative ways to fight. As an inventor, he develops hollow bullets filled with water that explode on contact. With good timing, if he can focus, He can freeze the bullets after impact either impeding his opponent or damaging.

History/Biography:
Born and Raised in the country of Twan. He grew up before the war under the care of a hard working mother and l fatherless by age 10. Taking an interest in invention, he educates himself day by day working to improve his knowledge of machines and gear. As later devices and vehicles are invented, he starts working on an engine to assist in transporting siege weapons. Walking home from the junkyard with a set of parts to help complete his project is when he encountered the being and the 'Drifters' book was thrust upon him. The morning following, Talos took notice to a subtle change within himself, where he then took notice when his power first took form, his wrench, freezing over the metal until it encased the bolt and the wrench itself in ice. From here, his journey to understand his curse, his new found power and his book begins.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ahhh!!
I couldn't stop myself... I'm gonna join this RP it just looks too cool
could you reserve a spot for me? btw since this isn't getting too much attention would it be okay if i advertise it in the rp discussion thread?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here's my basic SU. Sorry about it taking so long. I've been having problems with creating new characters.

Name: Cad Varnish, otherwise known as "The Raven" for his dark appearance.

Description: Cad looks like your stereotypical mercenary: Roughly handsome. He stands at about 6'7, being quite tall, and is rather muscular. His hair is long, shaggy, and black, and hangs roughly around his shoulder. His eyes are a deep blue: Piercingly so. His face is clean shaven, giving him a smooth appearance. His normal apparel consists of a long, black cloak, as well as black, leather pants. He prefers not to wear armor, seeing as it only impedes him. He wears black leather combat boots as well.

Class/Job: A Mercenary. He used to be a high ranking general in the Diligent military.

Book: None...Yet.

Likes, Dislikes: Cad is loves fighting, and has based his entire life off of it. Not only does he love it, he excels at it. He is an ex-general, so he is used to positions of power, liking to give orders and have them followed. He has a strong hatred to those who live in Twan, due to years of warfare. Among other things, he prides himself in the side of his sword. Cad calls his blade the "Buster Blade." (DISCLAIMER! I do not own the Buster Blade name, nor do I own the rights. I just think it's freaking AWESOME!) He will reluctantly work with Twanians, but only if he respects them or if they pay him enough. Cad's grown accustomed to working solo, preferring to handle situations by himself, although he will work with a group of any size, be it with one other person, or controlling an army of thousands.

Combat Technique/Weapon: (Couldn't help myself xD) His sword is essentially the Buster Blade.
Spoiler:

Cad has one strategy in battle: Brute force can solve anything.

History/Biography: Include a detailed story about your character, what their lives were like before becoming cursed. If your character is not cursed, still, put in a detailed description about them and their life.

Last edited:
Years
You still need a Biography.

However, everything else seems to be fine.
You may update your History/Biography during or before the IC.
Until then, your profile has been approved.

The IC has been submitted, its awaiting approval.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I... am -very- intruiged by this RP. I think there's alot of potential for really cool and interesting characters, though I have a couple questions before I dive in head-first;

Firstly, how is the RP going to be? Will it be sandbox, are you going to lead our characters together? Considering they could be on three seperate continents of the world, that might be a little tough.

Secondly, once they get a book, would they have -heard- of said book? Like, have heard rumors of it, or just... know what the powers/curse of it might be?

Thirdly, I was planning on snatching the Dark Legacy book, and I'm just wondering, would his ability to form weapons grow as time went on, so it'd only be really weak at first, or would it be at a fairly good level to start off with? Could I train to become stronger with my power? How quickly would the curse take effect? Like, would the friends/loved ones only start forgetting a couple things about me, like my favourite dish, or that I cleaned the stairs or something, and then after a long time (Days? Weeks? Months? Years?), they'd forget me?

Years
I... am -very- intruiged by this RP. I think there's alot of potential for really cool and interesting characters, though I have a couple questions before I dive in head-first;

Firstly, how is the RP going to be? Will it be sandbox, are you going to lead our characters together? Considering they could be on three seperate continents of the world, that might be a little tough.

Unlike Earth and Sky, this may have a sand box element at first glance or at first notice. However I plan to lead the characters and band them together into one group.
For starters, those receiving their powers for their first time may not take notice to their curse at first and only note their power. Once their book records a page of an event; victims may take notice of whats happening to him or her and may attempt to look for a cure while more gullible characters may ignore the side effects until they become noticeable; it's until that point they may force themselves to look for help. When the group forms, new victims may hear rumors or news of the group, whichever the case, they may seek them out to attain answers to their ailment.

Secondly, once they get a book, would they have -heard- of said book? Like, have heard rumors of it, or just... know what the powers/curse of it might be?

There is a story plot device, a character I will be introducing that has a vast knowledge on the books. He will be seeking out the victims to accomplish his own agenda; though he will aid them in defeating the carrier to the Book of Chains.

Thirdly, I was planning on snatching the Dark Legacy book, and I'm just wondering, would his ability to form weapons grow as time went on, so it'd only be really weak at first, or would it be at a fairly good level to start off with? Could I train to become stronger with my power? How quickly would the curse take effect? Like, would the friends/loved ones only start forgetting a couple things about me, like my favourite dish, or that I cleaned the stairs or something, and then after a long time (Days? Weeks? Months? Years?), they'd forget me?

I'll try to answer this one in order:

-Your power is weak at first until your book has at least one page recorded of your characters life that it starts off at a decent level of use. So for example, at a blank book, you can form claws that disintegrate in sunshine and hold their form at night. After one page or more, you can form a dagger that can hold its form during both day and night. A few more pages will net you a short sword or a shield and so on.

- Your power only becomes stronger as you attempt to move along and rid yourself of your curse, though training is highly recommended to test the limits of your power and make your character more and more accustomed in how he or she uses it so that, in a sense, they will be able to do more with what they have on hand and be able to handle more as it will come to them when this power grows.

- Your curse takes effect quickly, but only progresses quickly as your book fills up with what you do with his or her life. To put it to better example, if your book is blank, your just have a weak power and there is no curse holding over you. When the first page is written with a few words, loved ones, like you asked, will start forgetting smaller things about you such as your favorite dish, smaller chores and accomplishments. As your power gets stronger, they will forget friends and so on until you start forgetting your own accomplishments and place in the world.
The moment your character works towards lifting his or her curse is the moment it takes effect. Like your power, its weak at first but will grow as your progress.

I'm sorry if any of this upsets you some and I hope I did not discourage you any.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
~Cursed Books~ SU

Name: Nate Ward

Description:
Spoiler:

Nate has ginger hair and when not in his wolf like form he has larger ears and a tail which he tends to keep hidden behind his red chinos when out in public, sometimes he just forgets about it and it ends up on display a lot. He wears a brownish shirt over a yellow t-shirt and wears converse boots. He isn't as happy as in the picture usually.

Class/Job: Nate works for a thieving gang known as the full moon as he was accepted into this group as long as he shared them their power. The gang commits small thievery projects for clients who pay good money to have something changed slightly in a ledger or have a letter stolen for them.

Book: Red Sun

Likes, Dislikes: Nate hates people who show off or are too cheesy or look weird. In a sense he judges people by their first few words or actions. He has a fondness for marshmallows and fast speed. He hates running and physical exercise and loves his food, and will get quite emotional over a bowl of cereal. He doesn't like showing his emotions in public but loves being over emotional and friendly within the full moon gang. he also hates anything with cheese in and doesn't like the sunlight.

Combat Technique/Weapon: Nate doesn't really have a style, and often goes by luck. He will often avoid a fight and try and be stealthy instead, but when worse comes to worse he will stand back and let his team do the work while he figures things out strategically. His weapon is his intelligence in a way, but when the curse kicks in he knows that he has more power, so he will then attempt to fight a bit, but will still think strategically about his plans.

History/Biography: Nate never had much of a life before he was curse. He was born and raised in Yovo, and had a typical boy's life. His father fled to Diligent after committing major crimes against the government but was arrested and killed at the port. Nate was 12 when this happened but it never bothered him because his father had never been much of a father in the first place. His mother then went blank for the next few years, stressed and emotionless, never speaking, and soon Nate was too stressed for it. At 14 he fled north of the capital city to where he got lost in a wood on a full moon, and out of nowhere came the book. He was promised power, and he got power. Soon he found his appearance changing though, and suddenly became scared and confused at his own form. He fled to a village where he thought he would be safe but was greeted by an angry mob who were soon trying to kill him. Soon after that he fled and found a group of travelers in the wood. They weren't scared, as they were the full moon gang. Later after that Nate got involved with the gang and they respected him for who he was unlike the villagers. No other major events happened in Nate's history, but after that moment he realized that he wanted that power. He began to understand the power he had, and could send messages and read minds of those close to him. People say he is a perspective person, but truly he is just using his power. He soon began to like this power and that's when the gang decided to use them in their biggest scheme yet.

Last edited:
Back