• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
Game: PKMN Ruby
Type: Trigger Script
Editor: XSE
Script: Rival Battle

Spoiler:

-just making sure nothing is wrong with the script itself, since it won't trigger...if so then I'll look somewhere else for help :-)

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Okay, for the script I need for my hack, I need some enlightenment on the create sprite

This is what XSE gives for createsprite
sprite # to use
virtual people #
x coordinate
y coordinate
behaviour
facing

and this is what I interpret it as:

sprite #to use: the picture, like what you see in OW editor

virtual people #: like the person event #. If i wanted to assigned 01 to this value, I could then move it with applymovement 0x01 @move

x coordinate:...
y coordinate:...

behaviour: I am unsure how to do this, becuase I do not know how to get the numbers needed for it.

facing:same as above

So can someone explain this command to me? and would I write it out as ceratesprite 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? or createsprite ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

and what about the facing and behaviour. would I use movement #'s?

Years
Okay, for the script I need for my hack, I need some enlightenment on the create sprite

This is what XSE gives for createsprite

and this is what I interpret it as:

sprite #to use: the picture, like what you see in OW editor

virtual people #: like the person event #. If i wanted to assigned 01 to this value, I could then move it with applymovement 0x01 @move

x coordinate:...
y coordinate:...

behaviour: I am unsure how to do this, becuase I do not know how to get the numbers needed for it.

facing:same as above

So can someone explain this command to me? and would I write it out as ceratesprite 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? 0x?? or createsprite ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

and what about the facing and behaviour. would I use movement #'s?

I presume that behaviour is simply the movement type, like in advance map, but then in hex numbers. I presume the numbers are in the same order as the movement types in A-Map. Try it out and see what you find!

Facing is simply the way the sprite will face. The numbers can be found in std.rbh (I think...), but you can also use FACE_LEFT, FACE_RIGHT, etc, to mark the way they have to face. Once again, try it out and see what you find!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Game: PKMN Ruby
Type: Trigger Script
Editor: XSE
Script: Rival Battle

Spoiler:

-just making sure nothing is wrong with the script itself, since it won't trigger...if so then I'll look somewhere else for help :-)

You forgot to use waitmovement commands...
Spoiler:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I presume that behaviour is simply the movement type, like in advance map, but then in hex numbers. I presume the numbers are in the same order as the movement types in A-Map. Try it out and see what you find!

Facing is simply the way the sprite will face. The numbers can be found in std.rbh (I think...), but you can also use FACE_LEFT, FACE_RIGHT, etc, to mark the way they have to face. Once again, try it out and see what you find!

Okay, I understand, but would I number all the behaviour types in A-map like having the first one(which is no movement) 0x00, and the next 0x0, and the tenth 0x0A? also, is the virtual peple # the same as the person event #?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Hey guys, I have a new problem.

For the very begining part of my hack where you see the RPG sprite for the first time, I'm putting my first map script, so that right as the game starts you're in a script. I've set the first one's Script type to 04 and it's flag 4017, aswell as the offset 2. Here's the script for that one.

Spoiler:

Now the 2nd map script is 02 and it's flag is 4018, and the offset 2 is set. Here's the script for that one,

Spoiler:

Now my problem is that until the end, the script will work, but at the end it says, Player put ????? in the items pocket, and then the game freezes. Could some body help me please?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I've got a problem with this script:

Spoiler:

this script meant to be a sailor that asks you if you want to go to the orange islands,it's a yes\no script,the only problem is that if I say no he still wraps me there,how to fix that?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

Spoiler:

this script meant to be a sailor that asks you if you want to go to the orange islands,it's a yes\no script,the only problem is that if I say no he still wraps me there,how to fix that?

well the problem is, if you pick yes you warp and if you pick no you warp. ...you have to have something for the no to goto...

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years

Spoiler:

Here is what it should look like...

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @orange MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @warp
release
end

#org @warp
warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x2 0x6

#org @orange
= Would you like to go to the\nORANGE ISLANDS now?,be aware that\pyou can't come back...

Keep in mind, that's the minimum amount of code for this script to work.
You may want to add another message box if you say no, but that's not neccesary. Also, notice that there is no "end" command after the @warp pointer. This is because a warp always ends a script.

Find some free space in your game, and put that code in your hack. Let me know if it works ^_^

Please Rep For Help

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Well I'm gettin that error where the screen stays black after the warp. Any help?

Spoiler:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Well I'm gettin that error where the screen stays black after the warp. Any help?

Spoiler:

Are you using enough parameters for the warp command? And the warp command ends a script. Try setting the flag before the warp, and take out the release and end commands. Changes inside the spoiler in red

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Are you using enough parameters for the warp command? And the warp command ends a script. Try setting the flag before the warp, and take out the release and end commands. Changes inside the spoiler in red

Still didn't work :( I'm not understanding this because it worked a while back, idk what had happened.

EDIT: I got it, it was the fadeout 0x4, Idk why but I can live without it.. :(

Last edited:

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
Years
Hi,
I wanted to make a Script but it failed xD
Here's my Script
Spoiler:

The person should talk to me and then go 4 steps right and face down and then disappear.
But everytime I'm talking to the person the message "This tree looks like it can be CUT down" appears

What's wrong in my Script??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back