• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Is it worth voiding a warranty to clean out a dusty xbox 360, and replacing a case?

is it worth voiding a warranty to open and clean out a dusty xbox 360, and replace the original case with the same case because of maybe 2 minor, almost unnoticeable scratches? (i want my 360 to look good and perform at its best, but I don't want to let the good warranty go to waste incase I get RRoD or that e74 error thing covered by the 3 year warranty.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Just Bought a Wii (I'm late to the party)

I'm super excited about it!! I've only ever played it a handful of times at friends' and families' houses but I've never owned one. They're incredibly cheap used now so I picked one up, only the problem I'm having right now is its library...

I got the bundle from GameStop that's the pre-owned Wii along with five games (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii Play, Link's Crossbow Training, Bakugan, and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels) for $100.

I plan on keeping Kirby's Epic Yarn and Wii Play, as I'm not interested in the other games because they seem kind of gimmicky.

I'm having difficulty deciding which games are must-haves for the Wii. When I looked at the available games (granted it was a very small GameStop) there seemed to be a ton of the sort of one-shot games, if you know what I mean? Disney Princesses, cartoon-based ones, stuff for little kids/families.

Games I plan on picking up soon are:

• Animal Crossing City Folk
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution
  • Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility
  • Harvest Moon Animal Parade
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

I've never been super familiar with the Wii's library so if anyone can recommend anything (preferably comparable to the games I plan on getting), that'd be awesome! cx

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
From games that I've played, I'd say...

Boom Blox
de Blob
GoldenEye 007
Kirby's Epic Yarn
LostWinds
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Okami
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports Resort
World of Goo
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Unless you have a seal anywhere that reads "Warranty void if opened" on your 360, go ahead and open it up. They won't notice a difference most likely since you're not messing with the internal parts or anything.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Go for these as well:
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers(Its like Zelda, open world, but with telekinetic powers and 300 random task to achieve using them. It sounds stupid, but that's the point, having stupid fun)
Xenoblade Chronicles(Massive RPG, that needs time. I dunno if your willing to, but its so beautiful)
Go Vacation(the minigames are a bit wonky but the OW makes up for it, and so does the house building)
Endless Ocean 1&2(both are open world ocean exploring with little gameplay, but they are amazingly beautiful and calming. And 2 has an awesome underwater mansion that you can explore)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
IMO, the three (or, four) must haves are:
-Rhythm Heaven Fever (Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise in Europe)
-Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
-Donkey Kong Country Returns

But I absolutely recommend all of these as well:
-Punch Out!! (Hard, and has a nice arcade feel. It's basically boxing without footwork: Good countering, reflexes and reactions are all you need. Title Defense mode is brutal, but it's where the game shines. Get if you want a retro styled game that is unforgiving. Has amazing animations.)
-Wario Land: Shake It!/Shake Dimension (Good off beat platformer. A bit on the easy side, unless you go for the challenges, and the level design shows it's juice when you try go for them. Gorgeous game, feels like playing a cartoon.)
-Warioware: Smooth Moves (So much content and one of the best uses of the Wiimote.)
-Zack and Wiki (Excellent point and click adventure with fantastic puzzle designs.)
-Little King's Story (The most charming game of the generation imo. It's an RTS, a lot like Pikmin, but more strategic.)
-Another Code: R (If you're in Europe.)
-Trauma Team (If you're in the US.)
-Metroid Prime 3
-Trauma Center
-Zelda: Skyward Sword (for the combat. game has too much filler, but if you can tolerate those then absolutely.)
-New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (if you can get the Gamecube version with the bongos, though, then get that instead. Or double dip since both are pretty different.)

And if you missed out on the gamecube: The two must haves from that system are F-Zero GX and Smash Bros Melee. You can find both cheap enough online.

Last edited:

Riveria

Ocean Breeze and River Flow...
Years
Minecraft Servers?

Hi! My MC IGN is aprilflowers, I'm looking for epic servers for minecraft .3.
Any of these requirements may help me find a good server.
My requirements, at least 5 required:
The Jobs Plugin
The Towny Plugin
Optional PVP (Arena's etc)
Mob Arena Plugin
No Whitelist
Friendly Staff
An Online Forum
Plots
A Creative World
Money;Shops;ChestShops
NO HEROBRINE (Oh yeah, I went there.)

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The Pokecommunity actually has a very server of its own, which satisfies around 90% of what you are looking for. I'd definitely recommend you take a look here. (You might catch me on there most nights!) Most of the players there are members of the forums here too so don't feel afraid to ask questions and mingle.

Have fun!

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I suppose my question goes here...
Up until today, my Wii was perfectly fine. This morning however, my game disc would not eject. It makes some weird sound(s) but nothing happens! I have tried:
-Turning the Wii upside down
-Holding the eject button for 10 seconds
-Turning off and on multiplue ways
How do I get my game out?! :(

Years
Up until today, my Wii was perfectly fine. This morning however, my game disc would not eject. It makes some weird sound(s) but nothing happens! I have tried:
I don't think there is much chance you could without breaking it further. If you don't feel comfortable trying to fix it or dis-assembling it, I would try go down to your local game store and see what they have to say and maybe they could repair it for you. Alternatively, you could just search Google for ways; but it still won't be as safe as getting someone at your local game store to do it for you.

Perhaps this is fate telling you to get a Wii U

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

From experience, it's possible that there's some small object in there that's preventing the disc from ejecting, or it might be broken right from the inside. taking it to a repair shop helps...I wouldn't recommend you to fix it yourself. I believe you can also ship your console to Nintendo directly, but that might cost you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Can't get my n64 to work, help?:)

I got it from eBay, and don't just say "oh its broke" cause there was a picture of her playing it with the date and time etc.

This is a PAL (English) N64 so there is no red/white/yellow insert to the tv thingys..
I've plugged it all in, it turns on with the red light,
To be honest idk what TV channel it should be on so that'd help alot, thanks.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Soo..... what are you plugging it into the TV with?

This is my question, too.

I might be wrong, but I think you're supposed to use some sort of converter cables to be able to use it in North America (because you have to connect it to the TV using AV cables). If not, then you just need the AV cables to connect ito the TV and the power cable, of course.

Here's what AV cables look like:

CVC_3RCA-3RCA-10ST.jpg

One side connects to the back of the system and the other to the TV so that the TV receives the video signal.

If you didn't get any AV cables when you bought the system, then you need to buy them. They're not too expensive, and this is the only way to connect the N64 to your TV.

Also, once you've got it connected to the TV using those red, yellow and white cables, you should try using the input button on your remote (while the N64 is on) and switch through the input channels to see which channel works.

So, here's what you need:

• AV Cables (Red/Yellow/White) to connect to TV
  • Power Cable for N64 to connect to electricity

Let us know!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Alternatively to the composite cables already suggested, would be N64 S-Video cables if you can find them. Should give you a slightly better picture, which would be preferred if you're not using an old CRT set

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
What should I do about a Nintendo 3DS whose charging port has pins bent upward so much that the charger fails to make contact with it most of the time? Try to force the pin back, or just replace the out-of-warranty system (It's almost two years)? I am thinking of getting a 3DS XL to replace it anyway.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
What should I do about a Nintendo 3DS whose charging port has pins bent upward so much that the charger fails to make contact with it most of the time? Try to force the pin back, or just replace the out-of-warranty system (It's almost two years)? I am thinking of getting a 3DS XL to replace it anyway.

I would recommend getting another one if you have the money, the Limited Edition Pikachu system is coming out on the 24th in the US(if you live there), and it's the same price as a regular 3DS XL, $199.99, so if you're going to leave with a 3DS, do it in style. :D It's going to be sold at many places, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop, but they're limited, so you might have to be fast to get one.

Back