• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How do I disable all Pokeballs?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2022
Hi, there looking to remove pokeballs from the game entirely for a game I'm working on. Goin to make the focus be on buying eggs and breeding instead of catching anything.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Entirely? What if you just make sure that the player can never get a Pokéball? Don't put them in Marts, don't put them on the ground, don't let any wild Pokémon hold them, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2022
Well I've removed them from Items in PBS and also the bag slot. However when I enter a battle using the bag causes a crash.

Heres the error report.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'd have left them in the PBS and just make them inaccessible. But good point about the bag slot. I'd guess your error might be related to that? Take a look at PScreen_Bag line 331 (where that error originates) and see what's causing it—probably there's some reference to balls, or it's part of a loop that includes balls—then try to think of a way to remove or disable that reference.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2022
I'd have left them in the PBS and just make them inaccessible. But good point about the bag slot. I'd guess your error might be related to that? Take a look at PScreen_Bag line 331 (where that error originates) and see what's causing it—probably there's some reference to balls, or it's part of a loop that includes balls—then try to think of a way to remove or disable that reference.

Now I can't seem to find anything related to pokeballs in Pscreen_Bag though there are references to pockets but I've changed all those in settings.

I have managed to get it to load the bag but no items are accessible it just shows a faded bag background. I did this by changing line 2429 in PokeBattle_Scene to remove pbispokeball but that isn't helping

EDIT: I have figured it out it was due to the lack of definition of what pokeballs are but I added it back with balls still being inaccessible

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
It is also possible to make pokemons uncatchable using the script of when you try to catch the pokemon of a trainer and the trainer push the ball away. But I guess it's not so useful if you just take care not to leave a single pokeball accessible, which should be fairly easy if you don't use the essentials maps

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 12, 2020
Why not try to clear the pokeballs in item manger and turn them interesting blanks like the ??????? Items

Back