• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
For me the thing that bugged me the most was the lack of an EXP progress bar. i would always find myself groaning when i had to go to the stat screen to check the EXP to the next level.

TheFinalBrandon

Frigid Heart
Years
For me, it was Seafoam Islands. All it was for me is go in menu, Strength, push boulder to hole, random encounter, go down hole, rinse, and repeat. It gets even more annoying when you accidentally fall down a hole and you have to find your way back to the place you were pushing the boulder. Worst. Dungeon. EVER.

"Wait, there is a shorter route to Cinnabar Island from Pallet Town? So that dungeon was pointless? FUUUUUUUUUUU

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
For me the thing that bugged me the most was the lack of an EXP progress bar. i would always find myself groaning when i had to go to the stat screen to check the EXP to the next level.

This just felt like a hassle, especially in the later levels. Also, having to save every time you wanted to switch to a different PC Box.

Years
For me it was always Snorlax. I am find with being halted due to not unlocking something, but missing entire regions of the game because of a sleeping Pokemon? I would have much father just had a dock that was missing, and I needed Surf to get over it, or Large rocks I had to push out of the way. Not a single large Pokemon stopping me from accessing an entire Gym, multiple side quests, the Safari Zone, and numerous other things.

Aurielle

Warning : Choking Hazard.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
I hated any point in the game where you had to use an HM, because you always had to go the menu screen to use it. Same thing with the bicycle. I had a guide, so the actual areas weren't difficult for me~ Just took a long time.

Years
Having to open the menu screen for using HMs moves and other key items, as well as having limited storage in your PC for items. I liked to store all my TMs and more powerful healing items and such in my PC until I got to the elite four, when I would then use them, and often times I had to use them sooner because I never had enough space.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Everything, RBY all had incredibly broken combat system. From one Sand-Attack making you miss for the next twelve rounds (if you survived that long... >.>) to Slash and Razor Leaf being 100% chance critical ratio, it was all messed up.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
Great to see I'm not the only one who hated going to the menu screen to use HMs x) & I really hated the dark cave between Cerulean City & Lavender Town.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
For the longest time, I didn't know about the item storage feature at the PCs.
I threw away the majority of battle items and TMs because my bag was filled with Key Items. I felt dumb when I decided to explore the PC and saw "Item Storage System" there. -_-'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Rock Tunnel by far...
Going through that thing, remembering you don't have flash, decide to not go back and get it and then go through the whole thing without it...
Well that or Pokemon Mansion...that is just confusing, the first time through.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Any part which involved Zubats or Tentacools attacking you every two steps.

Giovanni's Gym when you don't have Venusaur or Blastoise on your team in yellow. Also the Hyper Fang spamming Ratatta & Raticate.

Having to fight Brock on Yellow. I had to train a frikin' caterpie for ages :/

These things, pretty much. Although wouldn't a Caterpie be a dreadful choice since Bugs are weak to Rock-types and Butterfree is double-weak to Rock-types? I used a Mankey, but it was still a nightmare.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Sabrina's gym! To this very day I don't know the exact way to get to her. I just go from teleporter to teleporter hoping I'll find her lol.

Years
Waterfall only learned by Goldeen and Seaking without transfer between Johto games. Not that its better than Surf. Just unfortunate.

IN game users of Sand-Attack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
The Silph Co. was a huge pain for me when I first played the games. I had no clue where to go and I was constantly getting sidetracked with all the extra training I had to go through with the Team Rocket grunts.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Wrap (And all similar moves), definitely Wrap. Though this was a greater issue in Stadium.

Oh yeah. This. especially if they play the Hypnosis card or if your just plain slower.

I remember when my CHARMELEON was almost KO'd by a frikken VICTREEBEL...

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
i really hate the caves theres zubat everywhere and you cant move very well and some you need flash and i dont like wasting an attack spot on flash....

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
Same with the person above, I hated the caves. Especially the one you needed flash for, I never would get flash and I memorized that stupid cave so I wouldn't have to use flash lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back