• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I feel like this is gonna be really one-sided, considering there are a lot of fan favourites pitted against some that aren't quiiite as liked :p Owell, the wonders of challonge ;D

Bracket #1: Kyurem vs. Keldeo

Keldeo all da way, yo ;) I'm gonna be honest here, I actually prefer Kyurem design-wise, even though it may be ugly as a squirrel (i had no examples sorry alex :( i believe everything is beautiful and that kyurem is just less beautiful than all the other beautiful creatures but then i was like "this is nuts" and then nuts made me think about squirrels and then i typed in squirrels :)), but the more badass look just gives it the edge over Keldeo design-wise. But I never really felt like I connected with Kyurem like I did with Keldeo, and Keldeo was pretty much the only reason I put off restarting my Black 2 for so long (well that was mainly because it was an event Pokemon and I could never get it back, but whatevz). Also Keldeo is voiced by Vic Mignogna in the movie it's featured in, so that's just an instant win ;D

647.png

Bracket #2: Giratina vs. Rayquaza

Oooh, a slightly harder one for most I reckon. Personally, I'm saying Rayquaza, part of the reason being that I was always the one people went to on the playground (yeah, we played Pokemon on the playground! Spheal with it >:() when they needed help getting through the Sky Pillar, because I was awesome at riding on super fast bikes in children's games :D But yeah, after a while, I'd helped quite a bunch of people on their way to catch Rayquaza, and idk, I just feel like it needs some kind of +1 for that when pitted against another Pokemon :p The main reason is however, that I've never ever actually battled Giratina in any game, and I just don't really have any opinions on it. And that's mainly because I never really played fourth gen games that much, which is why it's funny how I still remember a lot of it so well. But yeah, I never owned the game, and only just helped a friend get through it, but we never managed to see every species of Pokemon, so I never got to actually battle any of the Pokemon in the National Dex, which is why Rayquaza is a definite win in this case.

384.png

Bracket #3: Latios vs. Jirachi

This is probably gonna be the hardest one for me to choose between, because both were Pokemon I've never owned, but which I've had my stories with.

Starting off with Latios, I actually encountered this one fairly early on in my Ruby adventures (which weren't even that long :p), which is an extreme rarity when it comes to me and roaming legendaries, and I had a really good chance of catching it, since I still hadn't used my Master Ball yet. Funny thing is, I was actually on my way to the Sky Pillar at that time, on my way to catch Rayquaza at the time, with my Master Ball. Even funnier, I for some reason didn't realise that it was a legendary, even though its design just screams legendary, as well as I'd been to that same area many times before, but I hadn't encountered it before. I guess I was just too intent on catching Rayquaza, and trying not to get my mad Pokemon bike-riding skillz out of my fingers before reaching the tower. So I ran. Simple as that. Even funnier was, it was actually my mom who pointed out to me that it was a legendary (my mom actually enjoyed playing our Pokemon games every once in a while :p), and she asked me why I didn't catch it, and she got genuinely mad at me when I told her I just ran. Fun times ;D Luckily it wasn't permanent like with stationary legendaries, but I never caught it anyways :p I guess I'm okay with that though, because it'd just be another legendary I would've lost due to losing my game :(

With Jirachi, it might've been something a lot of people fell for. It was basically this, everybody knew that both Jirachi and Deoxys existed within the games, but no one knew where and how to catch them. Well, a lot of other places in the world, even here on PC from what my research has told me, the rumour that you'd be able to go to space and catch both Jirachi and Deoxys if some guy at the space center that counted successful launches of spaceships said that there were either 50 or 100 successful launches started to spread. And I reckon you can imagine what followed. Basically we spent a long time thinking this was true, and just tried to find either evidence to back it up, or tried it out ourselves, without any results of course. I eventually found out that they were event-only Pokemon though, but that wasn't until much later, and I'd already spent a good amount of time trying to get myself a Jirachi :p

But yeah, out of the two, I think I'd have to say Jirachi, as the big difference here is, that I actually tried to get it, and spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to, whereas with Latios I actually had the chance of catching it, but just ran because I didn't really pay attention :p

381.png

Bracket #4: Mew vs. Tornadus

I don't think I really need to explain this. I imagine Mew is a fan-favourite, whether you're in the competitive scene or not, and I just don't really like Tornadus that much, along with rest of the Kami trio. Basically, like with Jirachi, I've spent a lot of time hunting Mew, and the cute design and personality in the movie, is enough to beat Tornadus any day. Tornadus is a fifth gen Pokemon, one which I've never caught (because I've never owned B/W :p), and has a horrid design. I'm not saying I don't like Tornadus, it's just, picking between Mew and him, it's obvious who's gonna win :p

151.png

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
SUPER LONG SIGN-UP TIME AWWWWW YEAH

Username: Snowdrop
My Nickname: Skitters or Snow
My Partners: Kitoruya the Entei & Aevum the Dialga
Has a Legend disappointed you? I was extremely disappointed when I saw the reveal of the 3 Musketeers (and later Keldeo). I was totally revolted when I saw the Kami Trio, my least favorite Pokemon barring Conkeldurr's line. They're truly terrible in my opinion.
Favorite Legendary Trio? DEFINITELY the Wildcat Beats, Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. Of the three Entei is my favorite <3
Which Legend's Backstory is the most Interesting? Hm... I like the Wildcat Beasts' backstories, that a tower burnt down and they are essentially incarnations of the forces that tore it down. That basically means they are the children of Ho-Oh. And Mew is said to be the mother of all Pokemon, which is cool in itself.

Brackets will be judged as if they were in a real-life battle, not game battle. Also, where they are fighting will be significant.

Kyurem v. Keldeo:
To be fair, I would place them in some sort of vast, temperate plainland so there's no water for Keldeo and no ice for Kyurem. Still,Kyurem would crush that ugly little horse. Kyurem is enormous and can freeze air around it. Despite Keldeo being a Fighting-Type, it just seems too small and weak to be able to hold its own against such a massive, primordial-looking beast.

Giratina v. Rayquaza: I would naturally be biased because I really love Rayquaza, but I'll try not to be. Rayquaza lives in the sky, but Giratina lives in some sort of weird, topsy-turvy purgatory universe. And if Giratina can instantly slip in and out of that universe, how is Rayquaza supposed to hit it? So this battle will take place in Giratina's Realm since no matter where they're at, Giratina will slip in and out of her Realm. I assume Ray. can handle low oxygen levels, being up so high all the time, even though I don't know how the conditions would be in Gir's world. Ray moves extremely fast and fires beams of energy (in every portrayal I've seen), but Gir is a ghost and so she'd resist Ray's Hyper Beams. However, any Flying or Dragon moves would be effective. Giratina would most likely be in her Origin Form to be fighting an opponent so fast. Realistically, though, Gir is a ghost and she'd likely be able to dodge hits from a physical, flesh-and-bone opponent. So I'd say Giratina would be the victor but Rayquaza wouldn't go down easily.

Latios v. Jirachi: Latios can fly at the speed of a jet, but lacks the defensive capabilities of his sister and makes up for it with stronger attacks. I could see slamming into an opponent at Mach speeds do some serious damage, but Jirachi is a Steel Type. Jirachi can also grant wishes, so I'd guess he can also grant his own wishes :D He could restore his health with Wish. However, their psychic abilities may be cancelled out in a battle. Drawing power from the Millenial Meteor, Jirachi could fire this power at Latios but Latios' Draco Meteor wouldn't be as effective on Jirachi. Not only that, Jirachi can summon Draco Meteor, which would be very effective! The only thing is, Latios would be zooming around and dodging them. I think eventually Latios would tire himself out and Jirachi would be able to get a good hit in, and result as the victor.

Mew v. Tornadus: Mew.

New Topic Idea! if you could give the Legends genders, what would they be?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, Snow dearest. Interesting way of judging which legendaries are the victors there. Oh, before I forget, new topic yeah

If you could give the Legends genders, what would they be?
Meloetta should be 100% female since its name has a feminine suffix and some Pokemon in the anime crush on her, yeah? Mewtwo should be male, since Mewtwo should be unique in their universe... (then again, didn't the new movie have a female Mewtwo?). The Musketeers should all be male too.

That's 5 votes now; Keldeo, Rayquaza, Latios, and Mew advance in the tournament! Here's the next 4 you can vote on. These will end whenever 5+ club members vote (or if there is a sudden spike in activity, I can give it 7 days).

Bracket #5: Raikou vs. Zekrom
243.png
644.png

Bracket #6: Latias vs. Groudon
380.png
383.png

Bracket #7: Phione vs. Heatran
489.png
485.png

Bracket #8: Terrakion vs. Uxie
639.png
480.png

Years

I'd agree with Blade there and also say that Meloetta should be female if it were given a gender, it's name and appearance certainly gives off a female vibe. The Musketeers I see being male, bar Virizion since it looks female to me. Celebi also looks female to me, along with Mew.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
If I were gonna make a list...

Articuno: Female
Zapdos: Male
Moltres: Female
Mew: Female
Mewtwo: Male
Entei: Male
Suicune: Female
Raikou: Male
Lugia: Male
Ho-Oh: Female
Celebi: Female
Regis: All of them are robots, they really don't seem like they should even have a gender.
Rayquaza: Female (anything snake-like is feminine to me)
Kyogre: Female
Groudon: Male
Jirachi: Male
Deoxys: Too robotic, but Male if I have to choose.
Azelf: Male
Uxie: Male
Mesprit: Female
Dialga: Male
Palkia: Male
Giratina: Female
Darkrai: Male
Manaphy: Male
Phione: Either/or really
Regigas: Too robotic.
Shaymin: Female in both forms.
Arceus: Female because it looks pregnant to me :U
Victini: Male
TerrakiON: Male
Coballion: Male
Virizion: Female
Keldeo: Male
Zekrom: Male
Reshiram: Male (but very feminine)
Kyurem: Female
Genesect: Literally a robot
Meloetta: Female
Xerneas: Male
Yveltal: Female (not sure why)

Years
I'm joining!!!

I'm joining!

Username: lqkbook239

2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Victini and Reshiram

Answer a Topic: What is your favorite legendary Pokémon?

This is hard to say, because i love all of them. But i have to choose Victini and Reshiram.
Because recently, i started writing a story about legendary pokemon. My story is all about their lives, families, and most important, they are all god. My story is kinda similar to Norse, Greek mythology..... like how the world was created, the gods......
And of course Victini and Reshiram were in my story. They are my favorite and they are my passion to write chapter after chapter. Reshiram, who is the god of TRUTH, married Latias. The combination of fire (Reshiram) and psychic (Latias) bred Victini - the god of VICTORY.
Oh, and Victini's Searing Shot and Reshiram's Blue Flare are AMAZING!!!
That is my reason why my favorite legendaries are Victini and Reshiram

Spoiler:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years

uhm... i don't know what gender to pick... but basically, most of them should be genderless...since, well...they're legends and if you give some of them genders like rayquaza being male, rayquaza don't have a female counterpart...and by deciding a gender, there should be a male and female and their distinctions... you can't just judge their gender just by looking at them.

that's all i'll say. :P

Years

So excited, my first post after joining
Here is my gender list (All gender come from my story)

If I were gonna make a list...

Articuno: Male (but it could be female)
Moltres: Male
Mew: Male
Suicune: Female
Ho-Oh: Male
Celebi: Male
Regirock: Male (but i prefer genderless)
Regice : Male (but i prefer genderless)
Registeel : Male (but i prefer genderless)
Rayquaza: Male
Kyogre: Male
Deoxys: Male
Giratina: Male
Manaphy: Female
Phione: Male
Regigigas: Male (but i prefer genderless)
Shaymin: Male
Arceus: Male
TerrakiON: Male
Reshiram: Male
Kyurem: Male
Genesect: Male
Yveltal : Male

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Articuno: Male
Moltres: Male
Suicune: Male
Regirock: Male
Regice : Male
Registeel : Male
Deoxys: Male
Regigigas: Male
Terrakion: Male
Yveltal : Male

Years
I'd love to join this club, so here goes

Username: BackDraft-97

2 partners: Latios and Latias (gahd i love those 2 pokemon)

Topic: Legendary genders

Moltres: I'd have no idea
Ho-oh: Female
Celebi: Female (mostly because Mystery dungeon)
All three regis: Robot, but male programming
Jirachi: Female
Deoxys: Female
Regigigas: Robot-like, Male programming
Shaymin: Female
Phione: Female
Arceus: Doesn't really have one i guess
Victini: Female
Keldeo: Female
Genesect: Beep boop, Male programming.
Meloetta: How come nintendo didn't give her the Female thingy? Female by the way

So that was it, i hope i'm in. Also, kinda sorry for both latis as partners, but they're always both in my team, i love them that much :P

Years
Whoaaaa! I honestly assume all the legendaries are male so I'll refrain from making a list. None of them really strike me as girls.. Mew is more of a playful younger boy than anything else to me. :o

Years

Zapdos: Female

Something about the birds just strikes me as them being females, I normally associate birds with females because of their elegance, beauty and sparkle. I'm not saying that all girls have those features, it's just feminine and femininity would, in the vast majority of situations, be associated with females.

Mew: Male

I know there are features of Mew which could lead to the belief that it is female. However, I simply think that Mew is a male which a playful, cheeky touch to it allowing us to believe it could be female. And for me, the bright pink and the young complexion makes it look more youthful to me, in comparison to Mewtwo who is a fierce, darker shaded, bigger version of Mew.

The 3 Dogs definitely radiate a boyish fearsomeness about them, which makes me believe that they are in fact all male. But they also have a gentle gracefulness which is seen in the Anime and I just think that shows them as well-meaning Pokemon, and I like that.

I don't think there is an awful lot to say about these ones. Lugia and Ho-Oh, for me quite definitely male because of their attitude and personality. Celebi is a little green pixie much like the Fairy Godmother from Shrek and that has female written all over it.

Regirock: Male
Regice : Male
Registeel : Male

The Regis. My favorite Pokemon out of them all. I have to say, this was a very clear choice because being my favorite 3 'mons, I look out for episodes they are in and any news involving them. In everything I have witnessed, they show very clear signs of being males and have moments of serenity which I adore.

Looking at the legendary outbreak in RSE, can't really say otherwise to my choices. The only one there I would consider changing is Kyogre purely because of it's design which is slightly unjust so I'm sticking with male. The rivalry and ferocity between Kyogre and Groudon has always led me to believe they were of male gender along with their cries.

Deoxys: Genderless

Jirachi I see as a brother of Celebi, in a way. They share a few similarities in my eyes, but I see Jirachi as a more masculine than feminine Pokemon. There is something about it's name, too, which has a manly touch to it. As for Deoxys, well, a Pokemon who's design was based on DNA doesn't really help in deciding a gender. It doesn't show any signs of being one of the two genders and there aren't really any hints anywhere so I'm just gonna have to go with genderless.

Azelf: Female
Uxie: Female

Fairies. Based on that alone, I think they would be female. Though they do portray some forms of masculinity but not as much as femininity. Mesprit is a clear female, for the other two I can't do more than guess.

You can feel straight away that manly vibe when playing DPPT. They all possess it, they all show it and we know it.

Dark powers have mainly been aimed at the male gender primarily. The look of Darkrai and the way in which it uses it's power really makes me think it's a male and I see very few, if any, features that would show otherwise.

Phione: Female

The design, beauty, cuteness; girl power is there guys! After seeing Manaphy in the movie I can't see it being a male at all, that sexy bojangles I feel...it has to be a girl.

Regigigas: Male

Well if the 3 Regis are male in my eyes why wouldn't this pile of stuff not be?

A sweet, cute boy is what I see in Shaymin. Naturally beautiful with the smile of a boy.

Yveltal : Female

I don't really know an awful lot about the rest so I won't explain my choices for them.

Years
NEW TOPIC: Which Shiny Legendary do you love?

I love Shiny Genesect! Because it's RED..................and way better than PURPLE
And Espcially I love Genesect Army! They just like Poke Ranger!!!!
13633652610097.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Woops, missed the next bracket - hope I'm not too late!

Bracket #5: Raikou vs. Zekrom
243.png
644.png
243.png
Raikou! I don't like either but Raikou is slightly less annoying to look at than Zekrom is. I've always hated the massive dragon legendaries because they look so cheap in miniature form for the sprites and they simply don't seem like Pokémon to me - Pokémon shouldn't be huge world-destroying beasts that want to kill you! Sabre-tooths are pretty cool so Raikou's the winner for me.

Bracket #6: Latias vs. Groudon
380.png
383.png
383.png
I feel this'll be an unpopular choice but I'm going for Groudon. Latias is cool and it's a pretty Pokémon, but I feel it's just soo over-hyped. I'm not a huge fan of Groudon either based on the same reason that I dislike Zekrom from above, but at least Groudon has some back story to it and is interesting to use unlike Zekrom. So I'll vote for Groudon here!

Bracket #7: Phione vs. Heatran
489.png
485.png
485.png
Heatran! It's a cute little pile of molton slush; what could be better? Phione isn't at all notable and looks kind of ugly whereas Heatran is a badass in battle and is a lot of fun to use, so there's no real contest here. Maybe it'll be different when he's against a real legendary but Phione couldn't hold a candle to him.

Bracket #8: Terrakion vs. Uxie
639.png
480.png
639.png
I love both of these Pokémon but I'm choosing Terrakion simply because he was so cool in the Keldeo/Kyurem movie. They both have really interesting designs and I love the concepts behind each of them so it's really just a matter of which has that one 'special quirk' about it to push it above the other. Uxie is cute, fun to use and has a great personality, but Terrakion's cheeky 'big brother' nature in the Keldeo movie was a big win for me!

As for shiny legendaries I can't quite think of any right now but I'll come back to the topic soon when it's not 6 AM haha. Shiny Victini is cute though and I am a big fan of the pink Virizion!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

Regis: Genderless
Kyogre: Female
Deoxys: Genderless
Uxie: Female
Regigas: Male
Shaymin: Female
Reshiram: Female
Genesect: Genderless
Xerneas: Female
Yveltal: Male

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome aboard, lqkbook239 and BackDraft-97!

Celebi, Mesprit, Meloetta, Lugia, Shaymin, and Jirachi all are rather female in my mind. Lugia especially since it's a mom in one of the episodes and my pink Lugia is named Angel, so I consider her as more female than anything. Darkrai is always male in my mind as an opposite to Cresselia.
Many of them that are colossal deities like Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem are genderless.

Which Shiny Legendary do you love?
I LOVE shiny Latias. I think her gold color is the most beautiful color ever. I love how wicked shiny Rayquaza looks. I prefer Giratina's and Cresselia's deep midnight blue hues too.
Shiny Lugia and Ho-oh are also VERY nice. I'm fond of shiny Articuno too, even if it's just a shade brighter.
latias.png
rayquaza.png
giratina-altered.png
cresselia.png
lugia.png
ho-oh.png
articuno.png

Don't forget to vote for your favorite legendary Pokemon in the tournament, folks. A round progresses once we get at least 5 votes in, so feel free to join in.

#5:
243.png
Raikou. He's one of my favorite legendary beast Pokemon, besides Suicune. I also prefer Reshiram to Zekrom.
#6:
380.png
Latias. She's immensely adorable in the movies and she's been my favorite since I spotted her roaming in my Sapphire. I caught her within an hour; I had to chase such a cutie down.
#7:
485.png
Heatran. For the longest time, it had zero personality for me. Then I saw a cameo in one of the movies and I thought it was cute. I like my RNG abused Heatran as well, even though he's not perfect. He's a doll and he's tough in battle.
#8:
480.png
Uxie. Really hard one since they're both ehh, but have good designs. Virizion would have to be my favorite Musketeer though, and I like all of the pixies. They're so fun to capture; dat battle music! My Uxie took many many turns to capture, haha.

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years

Giratina! :D
I really love the choice of colors. It really fits Giratina well.

---

lol. i just noticed the new tournament brackets :P

243.png

I really don't like the two of them. Their designs are just like not good, i would say. Maybe I chose this because of the generation... Don't get me wrong. I like the 5th gen too, but gen 2 is better in my opinion. :P

383.png

Okay. This is not a really hard choice for me. I like the two of them, but Groudon is better. He looks more badass, and he is a gen 3 mascot. :D

485.png

I love this Pokemon very much! He's cool......well, not literally of course. I like his design. His body is shaped like a mango, haha...and he's so much better than Phione. :)

639.png

Umm... a hard choice. I really don't know much about the two Pokemon, but basing of from the movies, I would say Terrakion is better.

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
As far as Mewtwo goes, I would say it depends on which movie.
The one from BoM2, M2SB, and MR is male.
While the one in the new movie is female.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Bracket #5: I'd say that Zekrom would win, because he is overly powerful and can fly. Raikou would have a hard time keeping up but would not go down without a fight.

Bracket #6: I'd say Latias, as it can fly and can use Psychic moves to stop Groudon in its tracks. If it were a ground-based battle, Groudon could give Latias a good thrashing, but Latias has this one.

Bracket #7: Phione, because it being Water has an advantage over the Fire/Steel combo of Heatran, and Heatran would not do very well in a water environment, assuming that it can't swim.

Bracket #8: Uxie would have the upper hand because Psychic > Fighting but being that Terrakion is a large, powerful legendary Pokemon, it could conjure up the strength to smash Uxie.

If I were to give each of the legendaries a gender, this would be it:

Articuno: female
Zapdos: male
Moltres: male
Mewtwo: male
Mew: female
Raikou: male
Entei: male
Suicune: female
Lugia: male
Ho-Oh: male
Celebi: male
Regirock: male
Regice: male
Registeel: male
Latias: it's already female
Latios: it's already male
Kyogre: male
Groudon: male
Rayquaza: male
Jirachi: female
Deoxys: male
Uxie: male
Mesprit: female
Azelf: male
Dialga: male
Palkia: male
Heatran: male
Regigigas: male
Giratina: female
Cresselia: female
Manaphy: female
Phione: male
Darkrai: male
Shaymin: female
Arceus: male
Victini: female
Cobalion: male
Terrakion: male
Virizion: female
Tornadus: male
Thundurus: male
Reshiram: female
Zekrom: male
Landorus: male
Kyurem: male
Keldeo: female
Meloetta: female (it obviously looks like one)
Genesect: male

and assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal are legendaries in the 6th generation, I'd say they'd both be male.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Perdition Haze.
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Jirachi and Rayquaza.

I really like shiny Zapdos. I know that the palettes are nearly identical to its original form, but I just think it fits this Pokémon better. I like shiny Rayquaza, too, because it always makes me think that it's some sort of a dark-type Pokémon (even though it's not). Shiny Kyurem is quite nice as well. If I was ever in charge of Pokémon games, then I'd immediately turn the shiny form of these Pokémon into their regular form. Some people may not accept this change, but they would have to get used to it eventually. xD

I'd make Meloetta, Cresselia, Articuno, Mew, Suicune, and Jirachi female. I would probably make Reshiram female, too, because its fur makes itself look a bit feminine to me. All of the other legendaries would be male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back