• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions And Weird Thing?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok I know a 5km egg is 3.6 miles, we travel at least 15 miles a day, more than that really, that is just roughly how many miles it is to town and back, I have my game going the whole time, but all of the miles aren't registering, is it the game it's self or my phone? It take me at least a week to hatch a 10km egg if not not longer, I just guessing at that amount of time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
I walk between 4 and 6 miles a day a10km egg takes me the 2 days to hatch. When you say travel 15 miles is that walking the miles and not in a vehicle? In a vehicle the miles are not registered for hatching an egg, the game detects that you are moving too fast.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
is it the game it's self or my phone?

As a non-native speaker with english as my second language, i just have to point out that this stands for "Is it the game it is self or my phone?" and you wanted to use the word "itself".

That being said, the game does not register fast motion, mainly walking speed, and in case of doubt the game does not register it. So you tend to get less.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The good thing though is that all that was said is made up by the fact that GPS drift exists. Stay in a place long enough with a bad connection and you're bound to make up for that in steps :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I walk between 4 and 6 miles a day a10km egg takes me the 2 days to hatch. When you say travel 15 miles is that walking the miles and not in a vehicle? In a vehicle the miles are not registered for hatching an egg, the game detects that you are moving too fast.

As a non-native speaker with english as my second language, i just have to point out that this stands for "Is it the game it is self or my phone?" and you wanted to use the word "itself".

That being said, the game does not register fast motion, mainly walking speed, and in case of doubt the game does not register it. So you tend to get less.

The good thing though is that all that was said is made up by the fact that GPS drift exists. Stay in a place long enough with a bad connection and you're bound to make up for that in steps :)
It is in a vehicle mostly, but when I walk it doesn't register it either, I have a 2km egg now, which should have hatched today, but it didn't either, I know it comes up as I am a passenger, I hit that, but when I even walk fast it says that as well.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I noticed that the game doesn't sync your Eggs/Km in real time, I get updates around every 10 minutes. If I remember correctly, someone online did the test: They walked a certain distance, but not in a straight line, for 10 minutes. The game didn't register the actual Km he did, but the distance between where he was 10 mins ago, and where he is now. Since it wasn't a straight line, it was obscenely innacurate.

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
OK another question, this time not about miles, why are some pokemon surrounded by a light blue circle?

If you are referring to the blue haze around a pokemon on your pokemon list it means it is a recent catch.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok, another one, with news of 3rd gen. coming soon, I know our pokemon box will increase, but will there be an increase in the items held bag?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Sorry for the double post here, but I noticed that my squirtle (my buddy) is losing candies, couple of days ago it had 15, now it's down to 13, why is this happening?
Any body??
Even weirder still, he's down to 8 now.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
You can buy these inventory increases (both kinds) in the shop. As such, I doubt Niantic will increase them for free.

I know you can buy them, but I didn't want to upgrade the pokemon bag til I knew how much it would increase with the 3rd gen. coming soon, I already upgraded my item bag.

Any answers to this one yet? I noticed that my squirtle (my buddy) is losing candies, couple of days ago it had 15, now it's down to 13, why is this happening?
Any body??
Even weirder still, he's down to 8 now.

Back