• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Lacunosa folklore

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So other than the whole thing regarding how boring Lacunosa seemingly is, there's something else that comes to mind when you think about Lacunosa: their fear of Kyurem, aka the scary thing that eats people at night! Well, at least they thought that happened ever since it fell from the meteor. Now let's keep it Black and White related, and exclude anything related to its role in B2W2 or Black/White Kyurem, but...

Do you think the legend about Kyurem being a monster that brings cold wind and takes people away to be true? Why or why not? If you lived in Lacunosa would you believe it? Actually, would you stay inside at night or would you go out to explore to find out whether the legend was true, or would you stay inside to be safe? Also do you think we should've learnt more about the legend? Discuss!

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I always appreciate this kind of references made in the games to the legendaries. I'm pretty sure that that legend was used in order to give an explanation to those people who disappeared and never were found. It's like in the real world, we create something to explain facts we can't prove (look at the vampires thing).

I think that long ago, when the meteor fell, people just went to find out what it was and they probably saw a strange monster coming out of that meteor. As I said, if someone was missing, they would blame that creepy monster, which appeared when the meteor fell.

Last edited:
Years
As a young Pokemon trainer I'd spend my days training to uncover the secrets of the Lacunosa Legend. When I finally decided I was ready I chased down the beast only to get obliterated. So I'd disappear into the wilderness with only my 6 Pokemon and the clothes on my back, not telling a soul.
After an extended period of time searching for the secrets to the Lacunosa Legend I would run into a secret organisation dedicated to the same cause I have been training for. A small group of trainers all alive and well with their own team of extraordinarily strong Pokemon presumed dead because of the time they had been missing for.
I join the organisation and train with my new family until finally a clue. Leading us to Giant Chasm.
BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN! The one exceptional trainer who shot their way up the ranks of Pokemon training and single handedly dismantled a criminal organisation threatening the Unova region, the new Champion of the Unova Elite 4 swoops down as if by accident and demands the respect of the legendary Pokemon with his fancy expensive Master Ball (as if they didn't have everything already).
With no way to investigate the mystery without exposing ourselves we part ways to never return to the Unova region.
Years after I'd have made it to the region the call Hoenn and taken the concept of the Battle Subway from Nuvema town to build on my wife's now deceased father's private island.
I am currently searching for tough trainers to invite to compete on the island. So far I've been quite successful in my endeavours, in fact I just burned a rookie trainer wearing a stupid green outfit LOL!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think the Lacunosa Town legend may have gone something like this: Kyurem fell down from space as a meteor and crashed into the Giant Chasm and a party of people went to investigate. They were shocked by what they saw and fled. Some of those people got lost in the Giant Chasm trying to escape (which could explain the belief that Kyurem took them away).

Years
I'd believe it. It's a giant frozen legendary dragon, known as the boundary pokemon. That makes me think that either it knows no boundaries or we (the lacunosians) are within it's "boundary" and are fair sport for eating/hunting. It lurks in a creepy chasm, and its lair is hidden. Sounds like a monster to me. Anyway, I would lock my doors if I had stayed there for some reason (because believe me, I would have escaped to Accumula City or Nacrene City if I could) I do think we should have learned more, as Kyurem is just kind of there. With other legendary trio "leaders" we learned a bit more. Like even knowing that Giratina was punished and thrown into the distortion world is more than we got to know about Kyurem. I would've liked to know more about its history and what it's purpose/involvement in/with the Unova region was.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd believe it. It's a giant frozen legendary dragon, known as the boundary pokemon. That makes me think that either it knows no boundaries or we (the lacunosians) are within it's "boundary" and are fair sport for eating/hunting. It lurks in a creepy chasm, and its lair is hidden. Sounds like a monster to me. Anyway, I would lock my doors if I had stayed there for some reason (because believe me, I would have escaped to Accumula City or Nacrene City if I could) I do think we should have learned more, as Kyurem is just kind of there. With other legendary trio "leaders" we learned a bit more. Like even knowing that Giratina was punished and thrown into the distortion world is more than we got to know about Kyurem. I would've liked to know more about its history and what it's purpose/involvement in/with the Unova region was.
Well maybe it might be that nobody actually intereferred with Kyurem's actions to really... know much about it. idk, I'm sure what I said just made sense.

But yeah, I don't think if I were there I'd try to approach Kyurem (and rather stay locked inside as mentioned) but I'd still be interested to see what it's really like near Kyurem... so I'd rally the whole town to go explore the truth behind Kyurem! n_n;

As a young Pokemon trainer I'd spend my days training to uncover the secrets of the Lacunosa Legend. When I finally decided I was ready I chased down the beast only to get obliterated. So I'd disappear into the wilderness with only my 6 Pokemon and the clothes on my back, not telling a soul.
After an extended period of time searching for the secrets to the Lacunosa Legend I would run into a secret organisation dedicated to the same cause I have been training for. A small group of trainers all alive and well with their own team of extraordinarily strong Pokemon presumed dead because of the time they had been missing for.
I join the organisation and train with my new family until finally a clue. Leading us to Giant Chasm.
BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN! The one exceptional trainer who shot their way up the ranks of Pokemon training and single handedly dismantled a criminal organisation threatening the Unova region, the new Champion of the Unova Elite 4 swoops down as if by accident and demands the respect of the legendary Pokemon with his fancy expensive Master Ball (as if they didn't have everything already).
With no way to investigate the mystery without exposing ourselves we part ways to never return to the Unova region.
Years after I'd have made it to the region the call Hoenn and taken the concept of the Battle Subway from Nuvema town to build on my wife's now deceased father's private island.
I am currently searching for tough trainers to invite to compete on the island. So far I've been quite successful in my endeavours, in fact I just burned a rookie trainer wearing a stupid green outfit LOL!

I wanted to say ages back that I loved this post. :3

I always appreciate this kind of references made in the games to the legendaries. I'm pretty sure that that legend was used in order to give an explanation to those people who disappeared and never were found. It's like in the real world, we create something to explain facts we can't prove (look at the vampires thing).

I think that long ago, when the meteor fell, people just went to find out what it was and they probably saw a strange monster coming out of that meteor. As I said, if someone was missing, they would blame that creepy monster, which appeared when the meteor fell.

idk what if it was like, Darkrai in the region instead kidnapping the people??? And yet all the town would blame Kyurem and take all the extra precau--hmmm, maybe I would try to talk to Kyurem or at least see if it's all real. XD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bump! Discuss this! ;)

I know I was the last poster but this is part of the Halloween themed reviiiivaaaalll! To discuss all things scary in Unova ;)

Back