• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mixed Rain Dance Team

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
I'm been goofing off with a random Rain Dance Team just to try out some stuff I haven't used before in a long time and so far this is what I got.

Kingdra@ Life Orb
252 Atk l 32 SpA l 224 Spd
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Dance

Qwilfish@ Life Orb
252 Atk l 4 Def l 252 Spd
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Explosion
-Swords Dance

Ludicolo@ Damp Rock
60 HP l 252 SpA l 192 Spd
-Surf
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Ampharos@ Choice Specs
208 HP l 252 SpA l 48 Spd
-Thunder
-Focus Blast
-Signal Beam
-Safe Guard

Swampert@ Leftovers
252 HP l 4 Atk l 252 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Rain Dance
-Protect
-Earthquake

Cloyster@ Leftovers
252 HP l 4 Def l 252 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rain Dance

I'm not sure if this is a good team or not please give me a reply if you think its okay and any changes you think should be made.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Qwilfish need to swap places with Kingdra (put it as a lead) and to revamp its set into:
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail
-Poison Jab
-Explosion
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim

Kingdra has to replace Ice Beam with Draco Meteor to deal with physical walls better. Lum Berry over Leftovers to cure status while you set up or after 2-3 turns have passed since you used Outrage.

Cloyster is complete Taunt bait. I'd replace one of your hazards with Surf.

Also, put in your Pokemon's natures; they definitely help.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Have you considered the following Pokemon?
Uxie - can throw up rocks and set up rain, has good defenses as well
Scizor - Fire becomes only a 2x weakness in rain, counters Tyranitar and Blissey
Kabutops - better than Qwilfish since it has higher attack and a priority move
Tentacruel/Forretress - sets up Tspikes and spins better than Cloyster
Rotom-W - isn't a water-type so you have fewer shared weaknesses, but still learns Thunder and Hydro Pump
Zapdos - all around better than Ampharos, has Roost to ensure survivability

I would replace Swampert with Uxie and put it as lead, replace Qwilfish with Kabutops, replace Cloyster with Tentacruel/Forretress and replace Ampharos with Zapdos/Rotom-W. If you're not using Forretress then I recommend using Scizor instead of Ludicolo, as it Steel typing offers many more resistances to round out your team.

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
Ill get rid of the Toxic Spikes for surf and they are not the order they appear in. I don't want to use those pokemon dude because everyone uses those and I don't want to just use the same thing over and over again like the other guy out there. People need to stop doing the same thing over again and try to do something different, but thanks for replying. It shows you care. xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Ill get rid of the Toxic Spikes for surf and they are not the order they appear in. I don't want to use those pokemon dude because everyone uses those and I don't want to just use the same thing over and over again like the other guy out there. People need to stop doing the same thing over again and try to do something different, but thanks for replying. It shows you care. xD

You can't expect to get a legitimate rate if you're going to just shut down their suggestions by saying that "oh everyone uses those Pokemon". If you're posting a team here it should be to help improve it, and these Pokemon are improvements to your team. If you can't accept that yes, people use the best/most efficient/whatever Pokemon and you don't want to follow suit to improve your own team, that's wonderful. Don't expect to get help on your team, though...

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
I didn't shut him down. I was just saying that I didn't want to use those and try to do something else then the other guy out there. And I clearly said that I thank him for replying because it shows he cares to help.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
I'm not offended, but I don't think you should limit your options based on how popular a particular Pokemon is. If a Pokemon is used often, that probably means it's good, so why not try using it for yourself?

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
I use those pokemon all the time. I'm just trying to goof off with different pokemon then the same old same old. They are good pokemon and agreed, but I want to try out something different. Can you get what i'm saying?

Back