• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon L.I.F.E (Card Version)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023

Thanks to JNathan, Pokémon L.I.F.E has a new looking thread.... I have no other graphics for titles or banners or anything like that, since I'm too lazy and busy, at the same time, to attempt any of that, if anyone feels like volunteering their expertise, I may gladly accept :D

Here's my title graphic.
Pokémon L.I.F.E (Living In a Fantasy Euphoria)
I know you like that :D

Introduction.
So my last post here stated that Pokémon: LIFE was taking a new direction because of unique features no longer being unique... So here is my new direction... Be aware, this is till in early stages of production and is still in developing mode... After I took a long break from Essentials, about 4 months I think... I kind of need to get my mind refreshed on the coding side of things... My last game was full of features that I think made a game more realistic, including one of which you guys never saw, however I may still keep that one for this game... Who knows.

Plot.
The plot line is, you just play, there will be no bad guy organisation that you have to stop, there will be no gyms, there will be nothing stopping you from walking from town 1 to the last town... It's a free roam game to go where you like... The game will no longer be based on capturing Pokémon, battling gyms and things of the normal, you now play the good old fashioned, TCG (Trading Card Game), with a twist, you use cards to battle in the same format you would normally, like Yu-Gi-Oh, if you guys know what that's about, if not, I suggest you Google it before you continue reading.

Game Information.
You start with a standard Booster Pack, in which you can open manually (check screenshots), from a choice of 3 starters, each pack contains the basic version of the Pokémon on the packet and 2 random monster cards, these cards can be any, non special, Pokémon, by non special, I mean not all 2nd and no 3rd, stage Pokémon, no stone evos, no legendaries, no event Pokémon (Rotom, Spiritomb etc.), just your good old basic Pokémon that you don't want or like lol, only kidding, but you get the point... You can go through the world, challenging trainers and winning cards from those pesky NPC's, you can level your Pokémon through battling, but that will take a long time since I'm only allowing you to claim 1 EXP a battle... The easiest way to level up is by collecting duplicates of cards you already own and equipping them, but bare in mind, once a Pokémon evolves, you will need their next stages cards and any card you claim herein for the pre-evo, becomes moot... You can buy packs of cards from the shops, which I've given you 4 packs to buy:

1) Booster Pack;
This pack contains 3 monster cards and 3 Potion Cards. 1 monster will always be the starter you picked, this pack will be mildly expensive.
2) Trainer Pack;
This pack will contain 3 monster cards and 3 misc cards, potions and other fancy items, these packs will be the packs you will mainly be buying due to their nice low price.
3) Elite Pack;
This pack will contain a chance for a rare, 4 monsters and 2 misc cards, the misc cards here and more special than that of the Trainer Pack, the price for this pack will be relatively high.
4) Legendary Pack;
Do I need to say it? Okay I will... This pack will contain 6 monster cards, with TWO chances, that's right, TWO, chances to find a Legendary, 2 out of 6 cards could be Legendaries, I don't think that's too bad... The price for this pack will cost... Well, a lot unfortunately.

You can only use 1 Pokémon of it's species at any given time... Each pack of cards can possibly return you with 2 of the same card, and in same cases, 3,4,5 or even 6... How's your luck?! There will be many events to play through, most I've written up already... You can select your team of 6 Pokémon any place, any time, any where, just open the pause menu, click deck, and click a Pokémon... Click once to add them to your fighting deck, click again to remove them... The game starts hard, and stays hard, so think tactical, just because you may own a Bulbasaur, Eevee, Metang and a Skorupi, doesn't mean you should use them, since they won't all be the same level, or will they?!

The gyms will be replaced with cults, these cults are the badest card players around, can you beat these guys or not... They aren't type specific if you wondered... You earn ribbons, not badges in this world, as I said, it's free roam.

Quests help you stay interested and these may require many different things to complete, 2 monster cards owned, 4 cards, win so many battles in 5 minutes, different NPC's give you different jobs too.

Website.
Pokémon L.I.F.E
Sign up here and earn boosts and other things... Full details are on that website.

Features.
Free Roam.

Screenshots.
Beware, the pictures are large... Once I shrank them, they became horrible... Also excuse the map, I didn't bother changing the Metadata from what Maruno set for Essentials, so the game thinks that map is an outdoor map... The character won't be the little red guy either... Those guys stood in that room are also cheat squares haha.
Spoiler:

Help Wanted.
Graphics...

Progression.
Region: 0%
Events: 0%
Battles: 0%
Game play: N/A
Graphics: not as complete as I'd like
Quests*: Live
Encounters**: None.

*You will be notified of any upcoming quests here or the website.
**There will be no wild encounters due to the nature of the game being, cards.

[/COLOR][/I]Download.
None But You Can Sign Up On The Forums For Quick Access.

Update Planner
Spoiler:

Credits.
Spoiler:

Full credits and what these guys have contributed to, are in the end game credits, with all my thanks and what have you, the game gives full credits to yourself, with a pat on the back... This game couldn't be, without you guys and girls.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
I hope you don't mind if I volunteer for helping you with graphics? ^-^ I don't have any examples yet since I never upload my work to anywhere, but I will try hard and put a lot of effort into it. c:

EDIT:
It sounds amazing, btw!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I hope you don't mind if I volunteer for helping you with graphics? ^-^ I don't have any examples yet since I never upload my work to anywhere, but I will try hard and put a lot of effort into it. c:

EDIT:
It sounds amazing, btw!

Haha thanks, I've been working on it for a few months now, so I should hope it sounds somewhat decent :)
Is there any way to show me what you can do? What type of graphics can you do? Overworlds, trainers, banners, I don't know... Will need to know what though ;)

Looks like this will turn out to be a great game. I can't wait until the demo is released.

Well that should be very soon :D pretty much when I sort myself out :P

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Okay, I have a little problem... When I compress the game... Not all files get hidden, most notably, the PBS... I really don't want these viewable, in any way what-so-ever... I was trying a few things, and then when I played my encrypted game, the map connections were all messed up... So hold on for a bit on the release... I'll get it sorted...
If anyone has any incite on this problem, let me know.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Okay, I have a little problem... When I compress the game... Not all files get hidden, most notably, the PBS... I really don't want these viewable, in any way what-so-ever... I was trying a few things, and then when I played my encrypted game, the map connections were all messed up... So hold on for a bit on the release... I'll get it sorted...
If anyone has any incite on this problem, let me know.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:How_to_use_Essentials

At the bottom of the page, Maruno explains the steps you need to take in order to release your game. The very first thing you need to do once you've compressed your game data into an .exe file, and then extracted the game's files, is to delete the PBS folder. All your content will remain in the game file, just, no one will be able to view the files individually.

I suggest reading that page before trying to release your game.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Damn, thanks Mark... I can do a lot of things, but I do silly things like this lol.
I figured out that's what I had to do no less.
I also Google'd this problem, odd that page never came up.
Release very soon then guys.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Damn, thanks Mark... I can do a lot of things, but I do silly things like this lol.
I figured out that's what I had to do no less.
I also Google'd this problem, odd that page never came up.
Release very soon then guys.

No problem. That's actually the first thing I checked when I started making my game. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't mess up when trying to release it. Haha. Can't wait for the release though.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Didn't know there was such a thing tbh...
Just uploading to file share site.
Those who haven't already, sign up to Pokémon L.I.F.E website for extra bonuses in future and to find out more info.

EDIT:

Download is available, check OP.

Report any problems/errors here or website.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
All you downloaders but no bugs or error reports (might be a good thing I guess)... Let me know guys!

I won't be releasing a new update until I get enough downloaders.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So I've played around with the Triad game, playing FF8, and when you defeat wild monsters, sometimes they drop cards of themselves, now I fought exactly 100 monsters and out of that, 4 dropped cards, I don't know if this is just me being unlucky or whatever, but it seems the odds are low...

My question is.
For my Pokémon to drop these cards, should they be somewhat common, uncommon or rare, drops?
At the moment I've coded them in as rare drops... But what do you think?
And should they only be dropped after defeating the Pokémon or both defeating and capturing?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Little update:

Bug fixes to many scripts.
Sorted some graphics.
Added further story line.
Fixed Gym Leaders.
Gave Hero/Heroine their rivals.
Pokémon have been added to the wild and on the overworld.
Trainer battles are now challenging.
Some NPC's refer to characters in the anime (not Ash, Misty etc. But characters who are main to a specific episode.).
Added Bug Contest and a few other contests.
Some NPC's now act differently if you speak to them (like a conversation).
Battling an NPC in a Triad battle is easy (only once it's unlocked, will it work).
Added new transitions (screen flashes).
New maps have been added for your pleasure.
Added more ways for Pokémon to become useful.
Added additional items.
Edited a few maps.
More NPC's added giving the world more life.
+more.

Come on guys stop PM'ing me, I'm running out of room and it's hard to reply to you all... Comment here for easier access and I don't have to delete PM's then.

Will add new screenshots later.

EDIT:
Mini Update.
Pokémon can request to leave you.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Good story. Attractive stuff. I'm thinking this is a game I'd be attracted to, but I hope you'll let us make loads of choices in the playthrough; that's what (almost) defines an RPG Game.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Good story. Attractive stuff. I'm thinking this is a game I'd be attracted to, but I hope you'll let us make loads of choices in the playthrough; that's what (almost) defines an RPG Game.

You can do whatever you like pretty much... There's no "You can't go past until you've got badge 2", blocker... You can get the badges in any order almost, I won't give away any details since there are quests involved somewhere hehe... Most of the features you won't immediatly see but there are a lot of features there, many are unlocked during the game, so it's fresh from start to finish (and even at the finish I don't think it will be finished).

I'm watching the Would You Guys Like The Idea Of Having A Pokemon Game With All The Regions/Pokemon? and Second region and other game length questions. threads... But I may have regions after my one for extra fun or added quests... Will see what others think about it... However, the "all Pokémon" part, is a no no from me... Gen V and Gen VI won't be in my game (moves probably since I'm not totally sure what moves are and aren't)... Or I may just expand my region.

I will say this... The game is pretty difficult... You definitely need to use your mind to play some parts and it's good to have a general idea of what Pokémon do in the anime... There are puzzles and riddles to keep you thinking... There are parts that keep you guessing... And there are parts which totally make sense when you've found out how to pass them.

The Hero/Heroine is not the same as the original games, you have a different objective than just collecting badges and winning a Pokémon League... There are many incentives to continue... Each city is like a new chapter.

EDIT:
Can anyone help me make this thread look more beautiful than it is, html is not my specialty. Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Hey Nick. I tried opening your game and this error message appeared and closed the game. :( Do you know how to fix it? If you don't okay that's fine.

Script 'PokemonUtilities' Line 1230: Typeerror occurred
cannot convert nil into string

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
That means you don't have the audio files.
Download them and add the Pokémon cries from Essentials.
That will fix it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
I got the same error and dl'd the audio files and stuck it in the folder, but I'm having a hard time finding the Pokemon Cries I'm supposed to add to it. Do you have a link to it?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Also I'm volunteering to help you with the thread design. That's the least I can do.
So PM me how you'd like the thread to be and I'll work on it as much as I can.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I didn't add the Pokémon Cries at all... But I will add them for the next release, to stop with the problems... Then any download after will only be certain things.

To find the Pokémon Cries, just literally open up a copy of Essentials, go to Audio, the SE, then highlight everything in there, then copy and paste into my game Audio folder... If it asks you to overwrite anything, say no. Done.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
New screenshots... This one is showing the new "finding a triad card", script.
dbfd.png

And this one is showing the new "2 vs 1" script... This is here to show Yero on the "Scripts and Tutorials" thread, that 2 vs 1 is possible, but it's a feature to my game, so I don't want this public, sorry.
7k2u.png

EDIT:
More screenshots of my new script, so you can now visit your Pokémon in the DayCare Center.
Left to Right (1-4)
1. Speaking to the daycare lady.
2. Choosing a Pokémon to leave with the daycare lady.
3. Showing my Pokémon are no longer in my team.
4. Pokémon are walking around in the daycare, isn't that cute.
jn2e.png

Last edited:
Back