• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I've been participating in Azumarill's suspect test for Doubles OU, and decided to run one since I've gotten comfortable with it over the last month or so.

I'm 22-1 right now and it's kind of sad how well the team is doing. Azumarill is just way too easy to support in a Doubles format with Jirachi and no Ubers. I can almost always execute an Azumarill sweep, even against counter teams like Zapdos Sun. Leaning towards voting to ban.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
This new metagame is complete chaos... as one would expect. There are already two Pokemon that very obviously need to be quickbanned, quickly:

Aegislash: At the moment, Aegislash keeps the metagame from completely falling apart (as if it isn't already bad enough), but I would argue a lot of the things that made it so unpalatable last generation still endure ("just outplay the coinflip"). It is like Primal Groudon in ORAS Ubers in that it is on almost every single team, and it is very difficult to counter. Not even the newly buffed Dugtrio can do much to it outside of Pursuit, as Aegislash ignores Arena Trap. Of course, the best way to beat something is usually to use it yourself... but...

Pheromosa: Jesus Christ. With Deoxys-Normal-esque stats, a concise but effective movepool that leaves it walled only by Aegislash, other niche Ghosts, and Toxapex, an excruiatingly annoying Speed tier that is very difficult to reach outside of using a random Choice Scarf Pokemon, and an ability that boosts its Speed every time it gets a kill, I am finding that games are often decided by whose Pheromosa dies first. Add that Tapu Lele, with its automatic inducing of Psychic Terrain, basically neuters all priority moves, and you have an extremely difficult Pokemon to check. It's very obvious how broken this thing is and I fully expect a swift quickban.

Honourable mentions include Greninja, whose Protean-boosted attacks are as painful to deal with as they were last generation, and Genesect, which hasn't done much (in my eyes) so far but could be very threatening once Aegislash in particular is quickbanned.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I didn't expect anything but chaos in the first couple of days of the new meta lol.

Personally I'm gonna wait for shit to level out a bit and play through Moon before jumping into the 7th gen meta. But I do expect a fair bit of quickbans in the coming days too. Was anything at all sent to Ubers day 1 or no?

Aurora

Years
I didn't expect anything but chaos in the first couple of days of the new meta lol.

Personally I'm gonna wait for shit to level out a bit and play through Moon before jumping into the 7th gen meta. But I do expect a fair bit of quickbans in the coming days too. Was anything at all sent to Ubers day 1 or no?

Solgaleo and Lunalaa were automatically banned, but nothing else has been quickbanned yet :(

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Solgaleo and Lunalaa were automatically banned, but nothing else has been quickbanned yet :(
I figured that those two might be. I don't think it'll be too long before the other quickbans come along tho.

Have you tried Gen 7 Ubers yet?

Aurora

Years

I figured that those two might be. I don't think it'll be too long before the other quickbans come along tho.

Have you tried Gen 7 Ubers yet?

Nah, not yet. From what I've heard, it's quite similar to ORAS except it has the two new legends and a few different movesets. Klefki has also drastically dropped in viability in favour of Magearna. I'll make / get a team tomorrow and give it a go so that I have some idea of what it's like for myself.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
It's going to be sad, but as soon as Aegislash leaves, then Pheromona will have a field day. That sword and shield is the only thing keeping the meta from falling apart lol.

Zygarde w/ Power Construct needs to go too. That thing is ridiculously bulky with Coil and it can afford to forego Dragon moves because Thousand Arrows hits everything under the sun. I've resorted to using Lycanroc Counter gimmick to deal with it before settling on Sticky Web and Tapu Lele Moonblast (even then it's a 2HKO).

Speaking of Tapu's...all of them are brilliant. My favourite two are Lele and Bulu, since they offer so much support to the team (healing/priority) and hit like a sledgehammer. CB Bulu KO's Toxapex with Woodhammer. So good. The only one I don't feel like using on a regular basis are Fini since it's defensive in nature but it's still a fantastic mon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Never thought it'd stay. The slight handicap of only being able to transform via an in-battle ability was not enough when you can shrug off every attack in the game and then heal yourself. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to AG.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Never thought it'd stay. The slight handicap of only being able to transform via an in-battle ability was not enough when you can shrug off every attack in the game and then heal yourself. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to AG.

Same, although I think the general power level of Ubers may balance it out.

At least Primal Groudon won't be the face of every Uber's team now, since Zygod walls it to death

Aurora

Years
For those paying attention to Doubles OU, Magearna and Zygarde-Complete were unanimously quickbanned. Zygarde-Complete seems to end up being obscenely broken everywhere it goes... except for Ubers! Meanwhile, it isn't hard to see why Magearna was broken Magearna's Speed stat was perfectly placed for it to take advantage of Speed control in the form of Trick Room, which is very common in Doubles. Soul Heart also gave it free Moxies whenever anything on the field fainted, which was pretty much untenable.

In terms of standard OU, I have a feeling that any quickbans needed will not happen until usage stats for this month are released... but who knows...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Shouldn't Magearna have been quickbanned anyway considering that it isn't released yet? But yeah, that sounds insane. Can't imagine anyone wanting to deal with Soul Heart lmao. I wonder if they'll quickban Marshadow.

No comment on Zygod because as you said, it's a one man wrecking crew anywhere it goes.

Aurora

Years
In a move that will probably not surprise anybody, Aegislash has gotten the axe from OU. Its sheer versatility, ability to force coinflips with King's Shield, effective 720 BST and hypercentralising presence in the metagame were more than enough to warrant a swift ban.

Now that the best Pokemon in the tier is gone, what do you think should get the chop next? Personally I think Pheromosa is going to get banned, as Aegislash was one of its best checks... it may be fairly busted without Aegislash in the tier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In a move that will probably not surprise anybody, Aegislash has gotten the axe from OU. Its sheer versatility, ability to force coinflips with King's Shield, effective 720 BST and hypercentralising presence in the metagame were more than enough to warrant a swift ban.

Now that the best Pokemon in the tier is gone, what do you think should get the chop next? Personally I think Pheromosa is going to get banned, as Aegislash was one of its best checks... it may be fairly busted without Aegislash in the tier.

I second that Pheromosa should be axed to Ubers too. It's essentially a mini-Deoxys in that it hits very hard, but is very frail.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
yay, I never liked Porygon even before Z-Conversion! I want to get back into LC soon to try out Gen 7 Pokémon and this gives me another reason to.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I vote for the banning of Quagsire to AG.
Or pheromosa, which I admit is OP. Even thought I'll have to make a new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back