• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pokemon Online Battles" Offical Thread

Starting Pokemon "This will help me deside" Select 6 diffrent types plz.

• Charmander

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Growlithe

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Poliwag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tangela

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Clefairy

• Machop

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Cubone

• Horsea

• Psyduck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Pidgey

• Pikachu

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Electabuzz

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:Chat System

Ive been hard at work on the core chat system and im like 50% done with it right now you can logon and chat and most of the server admin tools are done. So as as a teaser I will post the chatroom client on the fourms real soon. Its just gonna be a chat room but you will be able to talk to the alpha testers if you not one and it will work with the game when that gose up too.

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
nice work but your using an old language! You can make your game so much better if you use a new language.
I cant name any at the moment but VB6 is like 1995 10 years ago! But thats incase you think for doing something else after this.
Anyways cant wait for the alpha test. ;)

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
I Hate .Net and Java

Put it simple I hate .Net and I hate Java and im not too happy with most other langs so I figure what the heck VB6 has never steared me wrong.
Thats why I used it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2005
Have the starters be the same starters from red/blue, but if you want more than the three (especially since this is an online game) maybe add other three-evolutions of different types. (pidgey, abra, gastly, machop, geodude, etc). I think that way it'd be more fair for those who ant more variety.. And whatever you do, don't have pikachu as a stater. It makes no sense. He has two forms, and won't be up to par with the others, he reqirs a stone to evolve, he's not that great compared to others, and of course, he's disgustingly common because of the ****ing television show.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
i like what you say

Yes I agree pikachu is overated and only three stage pokemon will work or maby only two stage so that I can have maby:

1-Growlth
2-Oddish
3-Sandshrew
4-Polywag
5-Jigglypuff
6-Pikachu

I know I just bashed pikachu but its the only electirc pokemon out of the 151 that i can even stand magnamite and voltorb I hate cus there not organic...

Comment on this Starting list...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I have to say you're doing a great job on this game, but I think you should change growlithe to vulpix and oddish to bellsprout (mainly because I just love ninetales and Victreebel), but that's just my opinion.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Expanding My Team...

I am currently the only person working on my project and its getting to be a real load of work. So I am going to open a position on what im now gonna call my team. I need a good Sprite artist who can make the Games GUI and Battle animations. If you are interested you must have AIM or MSN.

Currently all I need is work on the user interface. But if your truly interested in my project IM me and well talk. :)

More Screen Shots Soon... :)
Chat Client Soon... :)

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Need Graphics!!!

This is what I need for my custom character system as far as graphics.

1)Male Body
1)Female body
5)pants
5)shits
5)Male hair styles
5)Female hair styles

Thay must all be Interchangeable like GaiaOnline Or Gunbound.
Thay must look like there from the GBA games.

Your name on all credits and the upcoming web site as reward.
I will also give special in game rewards.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Update:Stats System

Ive dug deep into the internet and could not come up with a stats system the truely explains the GBA stats systems. I also dont really care for how uneven the GBA stats system can be at times. So being that ive played more then a ton of rpgs in my life and have also developed 3-4 D&D rule systems that have worked. Im going to rewrite the core stats system for pokemon for use of my game. My system will be vary vary even so to make vary vary tactical battleing. I want you to be able to choose a pokemon like rattata as you favorite pokemon and have it stand a chance aginst something like a Mewtwo. I hope to get good feedback on this because I will be puttion a ton of work into the new stats system.

Offline Demo Vary Vary Soon!!!

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
what exactly do you mean by "stats system" I mean what does that entail? I could probably find or know what you need but Ive never heard the term "stats system" used with pokemon which is probably the reason you couldnt find anything on it. Ok about the ratatta killing the Mewtwo thing its like this, some Pokemon have crappy stats and good movepools, some pokemon have crappy movepools but good stats, some pokemon have good movepools and good stats and some just suck at both. This is all CRUCIAL for game balance one of the biggest parts of the strategy is compensating for the weaknesses your pokemon have. Now you really worried me when you did your Ratatta and Mewtwo example, I can see this goin down hill really fast if start screwing with the stats of the pokemon, what youll probably end up doin is either making powerful pokemon too powerful, weak pokemon even weaker or worse making no use for some pokemon, I cant see why I would play this if its so far from the original battle system that I can kill a Mewto with a Ratatta thats not a very attractive idea at all regardless of how much I like Charmander I wouldnt want to see the day when it can OHKO a Tyrannitar with a Flamethrower. Pokemon grow its part of what makes the rpg great as they grow they get stronger I just cant begin to tell you how badly you would damage your game by boosting and lowering stats and changing movepools, the term we use in the online battling community for stuff like that is "broken metagame" really really think about that and make sure its what you want to do

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
attack, defense, speed, special attack and special deffense? I think that's what he means :\
because if rattata has higher base stats then it can stand a chance against mewtwo.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
and he wants that for every pokemon? Or is he tryna figure how they change with experience? Or maybe hes looking for the base, max, +personality,-personality stats for every pokemon and every stat (defense,attack,special defense,special attack, speed)

Last edited:

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Nvm

I found most of what im looking for witch saves me the work of making a new system. But I will modify it. Stats system is the word used in most rpg to define the number systems in the game and how thay work with the battle system.

Bad update sorry about that...

the whole rattata vs mewtwo was to assume thay were the same lavel.
a mewtwos base stats are like god no matter what mods it has and that is not appealing but im going to even things out so a lvl 100 ratatta whould be a thing to fear cus i can kill my friends in one hit with a lvl 75 mewtwo and theres a 25 lvl diffrence!!!

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
oh ok I see what you mean, well...rock on ;)

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
slayerseitaro said:
Put it simple I hate .Net and I hate Java and im not too happy with most other langs so I figure what the heck VB6 has never steared me wrong.
Thats why I used it.
.NET sucks but Java is better than VB and VCS(not vc++)...this game would also be easier to design and create with Java.

Back