• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
Maybe you should make MY game.

I got a great story for a Pokemon game, some original Pokemon (whose sprites, pictures, and all of that I have already made), & I was planning on putting in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, maybe Orre, & a region I made myself [at the least my original region].
I have already made NEW maps for Cinnabar, the route leading from Cinnabar to Pallet Town, Pallet it's self, Route 1 through 5, Pewter, & Cerulean, from Kanto.
If anyone would like to hear MY ideas for a Pokemon game they need only to eMail me.

[email protected]

Later.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I think the game should be called Pokemon Amber version or Pokemon Onyx version

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
oh okay well the name should sorta be the same as the storyline or somin

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I think the story should be about a boy/girl who comes to a new land from Kanto and another boy/girl(RIVAL) from Johto they become neighbors
then another Girl don't have name idea is after a legendary pokemon haven't thought of which one and your journey begins when you go to the Profs lab you get your pokemon and the prof tells you that the girl is after the legendary pokemon you go on the journey and try and stop her

Tell me if you like the idea

Years
Hmm.. Seems a bit like the storyline in R/S... I sort of like the idea about the legendary pokemon, but I think we need a bit more than "Go and save the world"

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
well if catching the legendary pokemon is such a bad thing then you wouldn't be able to catch it yourself, would you? Also there wouldn't be any reason to do the gym challenge either.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Well I was thinking the legendary is only bad if someone evil captures it so you kinda have to capture but you need to beat all the gymleaders to capture it and I was thinking the legendary could be Rayquaza or Deoyxs.
Or the prof doesn't tell you but you find out eventually

Years
Make it something like, he is going to use the power of the legendary pokemon for evil plans to do something.. Maybe you could be an apprentice to the one who "saves the world" instead of everything being up to you.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Since I had nothing better to do today I decide I'd come up with a story myself. Here goes:

Story

Hiro (name to be changed) is a 10 year old (age to be changed) boy (gender can be changed) with a passion for Pokemon. One day he goes exploring a tall mountain range with his Pokemon. When he reaches the top he sees a legendary mythical Pokemon (a new one, similar to Mewtwo). Through sheer amazement at seeing such a rare and powerful Pokemon, Hiro runs towards the Pokemon. Hiro startles the Pokemon thus causing it to lash out and attack with a beam. The beam knocks Hiro flying off the summit and landing far below. A group of trainers finds him and takes him back to his home town. When he wakes up he has amnesia and doesn't remember anything except the mythical Pokemon he witnessed. He makes it his aim to return to the mountain summit and get closer to the Pokemon. The police however, who do not want the same incident to occur again, have put security at the bottom of the mountain and only trainers that have proved their strengths and ability to handle powerful Pokemon by defeating the Elite 4 can enter the mountain. Thus, Hiro sets off on his journey to collect all the gym badges and defeat the Elite 4 and return to the mountain and capture the Pokemon. The story of the mythical Pokemon being spotted attracted the attention of Team Rocket (name to be changed) who makes it their objective to capture the Pokemon to front their mission to conquer the world (mission objective to be changed). This makes it your goal to thwart Team Rocket's plans and achieve your own goal.

Last edited:
Years
That sounds like r/b/y where you must defeat the elite 4 to be able to catch mewtwo from the cave.. I don't know maybe everyone would like to see a change in storyline, I am sorry but I just hate the old storylines so much, You know (where you have to do one thing to do another)..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
it's not that you have to do one thing to do another. It's just that the story implements the 3 main features of pokemon games, collect the badges, defeat the evil team and capture the pokemon. I just thought that the story gave a bit of depth and meaning for those actions. And who says we can only have one story? Pokemon games are huge and there is plenty of opportunity to include other storylines.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I'm sorry, I'm kind of at a lost as to what you guys are talking about. I thought this thread was about creating a battle system for people to use in there games. But lately I'm hearing things that seem like a game is in the making. So what's going on now? Are you guys creating a game?

Years
Let me explain, we are making two battle systems; one for the public, and one for us. We are making game, but it has no name yet.. We still have no storyline and graphic suggestions for the main character. Since it is related to this and we all post here then why not talk about the next stage after the battle system has been completed?
We can't make a new thread because we are not ready yet, to prevent spamming and creating useless topics we just save space by posting relevent stuff here.

I like the idea about several storylines (like mini-quests) but I think you should be able to choose your own storyline by the things you want to do. Like have several possibilities and choices every now and then to decide what you end up doing.. Eg. storyline where you fight the legendary sea pokemon by talking to/battling with sailors etc. Or storyline where you train up to fight the elite four(five?(six?))
Whatever.. You know what I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back